Revis Vents About Trade Rumors In NFL Network Interview

JetNation

sorry he's not johnny unitas and it's not 1960 anymore. If you get a player this good, it comes with the territory. They say Jerry Rice was a PITA and you should have heard Michael Jordan's demands. 

For starters, Revis has come nowhere close to doing for the Jets what either of those guys did for their respective teams.  Secondly, do me a favor and find one instance of either one of Rice or Jordan doing any of those things I listed Revis doing.  It's not just about high contract demands, it's about unreasonably high contract demands (that would cripple the teams salary cap and for a non-premium position) combined with him being a complete and utter douchebag who can't be trusted to even honor those contracts.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, if we start hearing stories that Revis is now looking for a salary in the $10 to $14 mil range, then we can say that his old negotiate stance is no longer relevant.  As of now, that's all we can go on.

I'll have to try to look it up when I have a chance a little later, but weren't there reports as recently as the past few months saying Revis wanted to be the league's highest paid defender?

I'll have to try to look it up when I have a chance a little later, but weren't there reports as recently as the past few months saying Revis wanted to be the league's highest paid defender?

Yes, I heard about those reports but I can't recall if it was pre or post injury.  But we'll definitely start hearing more about his demands.

Keep Revis. I don't see the logic otherwise. Bitching about QB money on a roster that won't have to pay that for years whether they do it right (drafting a kid who can play the position cheap for 3-4 years) or wrong (can't find anyone, cut Sanchez after 2013).

Trade Cromartie, who's stock is as high as its ever been as a pro.

Btw: Defenses these days are becoming more and more based around the secondary. Teams BASE D's are becoming 5 maybe even 6 DBs on he field. Let's get out of the middle ages and realize that CB is on the path to being a premium position. If SF had higher caliber CBs on that roster they probably have the SB.

Keep Revis. I don't see the logic otherwise. Bitching about QB money on a roster that won't have to pay that for years whether they do it right (drafting a kid who can play the position cheap for 3-4 years) or wrong (can't find anyone, cut Sanchez after 2013).

Trade Cromartie, who's stock is as high as its ever been as a pro.

Absolutely awful logic.  The point is not that you just go and reserve a huge chunk of your salary cap at all times to a QB, so if you don't have a good one you can just go and spend it all on one other player who isn't worth that much just because "why not".  The point is that, as a general rule, it is not worthwhile to spend such a huge portion of your salary cap on just one player.  Rather, you use that money spread out over the course of your whole roster to improve the entirety of your team.  However, the point is that quarterback is the lone exception to that rule, as that position's impact on the team is so great, that it is worth making sacrifices at other positions on your team in order to be able to have that player, and impact, on your team.  Under any other circumstances, there's no justifiable cause to sacrifice the rest of your roster in order to appease one player.

No matter how good Revis is, there is no argument that can be made that he will ever be capable of bringing the kind of impact to a team that a quarterback can.

Btw: Defenses these days are becoming more and more based around the secondary. Teams BASE D's are becoming 5 maybe even 6 DBs on he field. Let's get out of the middle ages and realize that CB is on the path to being a premium position. If SF had higher caliber CBs on that roster they probably have the SB.

The Jets had the league's #2 pass defense without Revis.  BTW, the 9ers had the #4 pass defense.

The Jets had the league's #2 pass defense without Revis. BTW, the 9ers had the #4 pass defense.

Predictive value of such stats: Zero.

Point to it all day but the Jets are easily #1with Revis, and theres a gap there. FO has the Jets at 10th and the 49ers at 6th.

"#2 ranking without Revis" is something they can pitch when selling Cromartie.

Predictive value of such stats: Zero.

Point to it all day but the Jets are easily #1with Revis, and theres a gap there. FO has the Jets at 10th and the 49ers at 6th.

"#2 ranking without Revis" is something they can pitch when selling Cromartie.

agree, but that is also reason Idzik 'may' be willing to move on from Revis and keep Cro.

You can bet that Jets medical staff is monitoring Revis knee very carefully.

For starters, Revis has come nowhere close to doing for the Jets what either of those guys did for their respective teams.  Secondly, do me a favor and find one instance of either one of Rice or Jordan doing any of those things I listed Revis doing.  It's not just about high contract demands, it's about unreasonably high contract demands (that would cripple the teams salary cap and for a non-premium position) combined with him being a complete and utter douchebag who can't be trusted to even honor those contracts.

the difference is that those teams took care of their stars and the Jets have been pulling teeth with Revis when he got here. You try to make it all about Revis and all his fault but don't forget it was tanny who wanted that extra year on his rookie deal, when no other athletes slotted around him were getting contracts of that length. It was tanny who forced Revis to hold out when it was on HBO. there is a case to be made that both sides were to blame. the Jets didn't actually have the balls to move on from Revis then, and it's questionable if they have them now. It takes a big set of stones to trade a 1st ballot HOF before they are 30. It's actually never happened before. 

and you keep bringing up "honor" the contracts. There is no honor in NFL contracts. 

the difference is that those teams took care of their stars and the Jets have been pulling teeth with Revis when he got here. You try to make it all about Revis and all his fault but don't forget it was tanny who wanted that extra year on his rookie deal, when no other athletes slotted around him were getting contracts of that length. It was tanny who forced Revis to hold out when it was on HBO. there is a case to be made that both sides were to blame. 

and you keep bringing up "honor" the contracts. There is no honor in NFL contracts. 

Ya, the whole contract thing is muddled in NFL. Upfront Bonus $ is where its loaded. Yearly contracts are meager for most part.

Some players get huge signing bonus and then a very small salary.

maybe if a player holds out they should have a CBA clause that says x% of signing bonus is owed back to team. If a player gets 10 mill bonus after signing 5 year deal and they hold out in last year, they owe team 2 Million of bonus to void deal. 

Absolutely awful logic.  The point is not that you just go and reserve a huge chunk of your salary cap at all times to a QB, so if you don't have a good one you can just go and spend it all on one other player who isn't worth that much just because "why not".  The point is that, as a general rule, it is not worthwhile to spend such a huge portion of your salary cap on just one player.  Rather, you use that money spread out over the course of your whole roster to improve the entirety of your team.  However, the point is that quarterback is the lone exception to that rule, as that position's impact on the team is so great, that it is worth making sacrifices at other positions on your team in order to be able to have that player, and impact, on your team.  Under any other circumstances, there's no justifiable cause to sacrifice the rest of your roster in order to appease one player.

No matter how good Revis is, there is no argument that can be made that he will ever be capable of bringing the kind of impact to a team that a quarterback can.

Which is NOT the argument that has to be made. The Jets aren't paying FA price anytime soon for a QB, period. Whether it's because they draft one or they don't find one at all, it's not in the picture for years unless Sanchez were to actually break out (in which case his salary is controlled until 2016).

You realize you open with calling my logic terrible because you're not reserving a spot on the roster for an imaginary QB, and then slowly the post trickles down to how that money is reserved for QB? THAT is terrible logic and takes nothing about the Jets' real life situation into account, rather running with some highly general theoretical thought process that assumes the team has a QB on the cusp of making franchise QB money. It's not the case, and general theory need not apply without looking further into the team's individual position. Great teams keep their best players, period. 

the difference is that those teams took care of their stars and the Jets have been pulling teeth with Revis when he got here. You try to make it all about Revis and all his fault but don't forget it was tanny who wanted that extra year on his rookie deal, when no other athletes slotted around him were getting contracts of that length. It was tanny who forced Revis to hold out when it was on HBO. there is a case to be made that both sides were to blame. the Jets didn't actually have the balls to move on from Revis then, and it's questionable if they have them now. It takes a big set of stones to trade a 1st ballot HOF before they are 30. It's actually never happened before. 

Yeah, you really have no rationality or objectivity in your analysis of this situation, do you?  You seriously just blamed someone else for Revis deciding to hold-out?  This is not even a point of debate, you are absolutely wrong beyond question.  Bottom line, people are responsible for their own actions, trying to suggest otherwise is absurd.

I should point out, despite trying to justify his actions, you have still failed time and time again to show anyone else in all of professional sports (considering you were the one who got desperate enough to leave the NFL with your examples) who has acted the way Revis has in his time with the Jets.  Your entire argument is nothing but a list of excuses (and really poor ones at that) for Revis' unmatched actions.

Which is NOT the argument that has to be made. The Jets aren't paying FA price anytime soon for a QB, period. Whether it's because they draft one or they don't find one at all, it's not in the picture for years unless Sanchez were to actually break out (in which case his salary is controlled until 2016).

You realize you open with calling my logic terrible because you're not reserving a spot on the roster for an imaginary QB, and then slowly the post trickles down to how that money is reserved for QB? THAT is terrible logic and takes nothing about the Jets' real life situation into account, rather running with some highly general theoretical thought process that assumes the team has a QB on the cusp of making franchise QB money. It's not the case, and general theory need not apply without looking further into the team's individual position. Great teams keep their best players, period. 

LOL.  What are you rambling on about?  Are you just doing more of your mindless shtick or do you actually believe this nonsense you just spouted?  For your sake I hope it is the former, otherwise you need some serious work on your reading comprehension.  Your post actually completely ignored everything I said and then manufactured a new argument that was nowhere close to what I said.  Please refer back to what my post actually said if you're interested in knowing why your logic completely fails.

You do realize that this argument actually goes against paying Revis $16-18 mil a year, don't you?

I'll give you some time to figure it out.

Yeah, you really have no rationality or objectivity in your analysis of this situation, do you?  You seriously just blamed someone else for Revis deciding to hold-out?  This is not even a point of debate, you are absolutely wrong beyond question.  Bottom line, people are responsible for their own actions, trying to suggest otherwise is absurd.

I should point out, despite trying to justify his actions, you have still failed time and time again to show anyone else in all of professional sports (considering you were the one who got desperate enough to leave the NFL with your examples) who has acted the way Revis has in his time with the Jets.  Your entire argument is nothing but a list of excuses (and really poor ones at that) for Revis' unmatched actions.

This isn't really about Revis. It's about unions or personal responsibility or something. Revis became the best defensive player in the league and the Jets didn't re-do his contract. You can say he held out cause he's selfish or dishonorable or a douche, I say he was acting like a business. Cause that's what these players are, corporations on two legs. 

This player has no loyalty to the Jets and they have no loyalty to him.  and it doesn't really matter morally... i'm about wins. Gato's argument about the imaginary FA QB you want to save this money is really on the nose. There is no FA QB that's gonna get Revis' money. In fact this is the first year with a cap floor so someone's getting that money. It might as well be the team's best player. And he does make game-changing impacts with his INTs and locking down the other team's 1. That actually happens.

LOL.  What are you rambling on about?  Are you just doing more of your mindless shtick or do you actually believe this nonsense you just spouted?  For your sake I hope it is the former, otherwise you need some serious work on your reading comprehension.  Your post actually completely ignored everything I said and then manufactured a new argument that was nowhere close to what I said.  Please refer back to what my post actually said if you're interested in knowing why your logic completely fails.

Translation:

LOL HOW DO I STALL?!!?!? I got nothing so insults and reading comprehension! I'm going to pretend what you said had nothing to do with what I said because waaaaaaay above my head. 

You have a very limited, general view of how to build an NFL team. Luckily, the internet hive mind supports this and as long as you say "QB makes the money" or something like that you can perceive yourself to be making a great, logical argument. In reality, it's hack - not unexpected coming from you.

You do realize that this argument actually goes against paying Revis $16-18 mil a year, don't you?

this is pure supply and demand. the supply of the CB are low and the demand is high. Dee Milliner is not a consensus top 10 grade who is definitely going in the top 5 because of demand. CBs are actually becoming more similar to QB's every day, in the sense that the league needs these guys and there aren't enough of them. 

Translation:

LOL HOW DO I STALL?!!?!? I got nothing so insults and reading comprehension! I'm going to pretend what you said had nothing to do with what I said because waaaaaaay above my head. 

You have a very limited, general view of how to build an NFL team. Luckily, the internet hive mind supports this and as long as you say "QB makes the money" or something like that you can perceive yourself to be making a great, logical argument. In reality, it's hack - not unexpected coming from you.

The truth is it's pointless arguing against you and bit when you two get like this.  There are no two posters on this board more notorious for, when they lock themselves into a position, completely ignoring anything for which they have no defense.  Bit thinks nobody notices that he deletes out the parts of people's posts he has no response for when he quotes them and acts like it was never said, and you think nobody notices that you assign positions to people that are completely different than anything they said.  When you resort to that, I'm not doing anything other than pointing out that you did exactly that, which you did.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully aware I am extremely stubborn when it comes to my positions, the difference is that when you make a new point I will gladly respond to it.  I've already shown your past three posts on this topic to be based on some really questionable logic with that one single post.  But I guess you can pat yourself on the back for arguing points that weren't made and spending entire posts doing nothing more than exactly what you are accusing others of doing.

Enjoy your wait because it do not. 

Of course it does.  I'll give you some more time for the light to go on.

this is pure supply and demand. the supply of the CB are low and the demand is high. Dee Milliner is not a consensus top 10 grade who is definitely going in the top 5 because of demand. CBs are actually becoming more similar to QB's every day, in the sense that the league needs these guys and there aren't enough of them. 

Similar to QBs everyday in the sense that they both wear helmets?

Gato just said a team needs 5 to 6 of them but there can only be 1 QB on the field.  But besides that they're just alike.

Players that have2be smart business men,in a business that don't care an inch about them though we grind for that inch-notalwaysrightbutreal

63 RETWEETS 7 FAVORITES

Ed Reed gets a sh*t ton of respect for this. He's perfectly right. No league and it's fans is quicker to hit a player with a "**** you" than the NFL. 

Of course it does.  I'll give you some more time for the light to go on.

Similar to QBs everyday in the sense that they both wear helmets?

Gato just said a team needs 5 to 6 of them but there can only be 1 QB on the field.  But besides that they're just alike.

Yeah, and Revis is just like any other guy in that 5-6 and they're all on the same payscale with similar value to the roster. 

These two have contradicted themselves and each other throughout this thread.  Keep in mind, this thread started off about Revis for getting all pissy and chewing out the team for not running to him before discussing the possibility of trading him.

The defense was that the team should have to run to Revis and check with him first, because it was the right thing to do for him as a person.  When his history with the team was pointed out, the counter was that it's all business, so everything he did regarding his contract was acceptable (completely contradicting the initial defense of Revis).  When it was pointed out that Revis wasn't a trustworthy business partner, the counter became it was the Jets' fault for their lack of loyalty as they weren't going out of their way to give him everything he wanted even while already under contract (which would seem to go against the idea of it being "just business").  The counter was that Revis had shown no loyalty to the Jets either given his multiple holdouts and it was said that it was ok because he was just trying to get the most money (and we continue the flip-flop).  Now back on the "business" side of excuses, it was mentioned that Revis wasn't worth to the Jets the amount of money he was looking for, and the counter became that it's ok to completely overpay Revis and therefore limit the investment that can be made in the rest of the team in the process because the Jets don't have a top QB (huh???).

Once they figure out whether it's really all business or whether it's really that the Jets owe Revis something and need to be loyal to him (because it really can't be both), I'll be more than happy to let them know why I completely disagree in either case.

Yeah, and Revis is just like any other guy in that 5-6 and they're all on the same payscale with similar value to the roster. 

If you need 5-6 CBs (your words), which is about 11% of a team's roster, a team can't afford to pay 1 of those 5-6 what is 14% of the salary cap, or the equivelent of what the team needs in only 1 player, i.e., the QB.

So, yes, Revis is better than those other 5 CBs on the roster and would be expected to be paid more, but not by such magnitude.  Other top CBs are getting paid in the neighborhood of $8-10 mil a year.  Revis is seeking to be paid twice that while he is not twice as better than any other CB and his impact is not twice as much as anyone else.

Again, this is all about math.

The truth is it's pointless arguing against you and bit when you two get like this.  There are no two posters on this board more notorious for, when they lock themselves into a position, completely ignoring anything for which they have no defense.  Bit thinks nobody notices that he deletes out the parts of people's posts he has no response for when he quotes them and acts like it was never said, and you think nobody notices that you assign positions to people that are completely different than anything they said.  When you resort to that, I'm not doing anything other than pointing out that you did exactly that, which you did.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully aware I am extremely stubborn when it comes to my positions, the difference is that when you make a new point I will gladly respond to it.  I've already shown your past three posts on this topic to be based on some really questionable logic with that one single post.  But I guess you can pat yourself on the back for arguing points that weren't made and spending entire posts doing nothing more than exactly what you are accusing others of doing.

Fact: More than one way to build an NFL roster with premium talent. What is absolutely necessary to do it is premium, elite, high level talent.  

Fact: The Jets aren't paying franchise QB prices until they actually find a franchise QB AND get out of his pre-FA years.

Fact: QB heavy payrolls haven't exactly pumped out SB winners in recent years. The Steelers won their first Roethlisberger Super Bowl when he was on a 6/22 deal. They've won once since his big money extension, and just finished 8-8 with him missing 3 games. The Pats have BEEN to Super Bowls since their payroll became Brady/Wilfork/Welker/JAGs, but have yet to win one. The Colts pulled out one SB victory and never built a defense with Manning dominating their payroll. Luck is more controlled in cost - the Colts plan to build a better all around team. The Saints won their Super Bowl with Brees on a 6/60 deal, a relative steal for a QB. They've since front loaded the hell out of his latest deal. Teams get that the QB is the way to prolonged relevance, but more and more teams are looking at building balanced rosters. The Seahawks are balanced. The Falcons give Ryan a ton of talent to work with. Matt Schaub, Andy Dalton, and Joe FLacco were the QBs of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th best records in the AFC, and one of those guys won the Super BOwl. 

Fact: The three highest paid players at the Super Bowl played ILB, DE/DT, and DE/OLB. Only one of those positions would even be considered in the internet conversation of positions that are premium and therefore worth of being paid slightly less than QB money.

Maybe this is a fact, I'm working purely on memory for this post: Franchise QB money is now about 20 million dollars a year anyway, so Revis technically isn't asking for that. 

I don't have it completely thought out yet, but there is enough for me to put it in question this whole nonsense of Darrelle Revis not being "worth it." 

If you need 5-6 CBs (your words), which is about 11% of a team's roster, a team can't afford to pay 1 of those 5-6 what is 14% of the salary cap, or the equivelent of what the team needs in only 1 player, i.e., the QB.

So, yes, Revis is better than those other 5 CBs on the roster and would be expected to be paid more, but not by such magnitude.  Other top CBs are getting paid in the neighborhood of $8-10 mil a year.  Revis is seeking to be paid twice that while he is not twice as better than any other CB and his impact is not twice as much as anyone else.

Again, this is all about math.

Smart franchises make room for premium talent because premium talent is what gets you where you want to be. You make room for that talent by getting rid of lesser talents and paying less for their replacements with those mid-round picks this board was all in a tizzy about the Jets not using well enough. You're thinking in a vacuum that doesn't exist for the Jets and treating it as the one and only way things can go well. It's not. 

Point me to this QB the Jets have waiting to take up 14% of the salary cap,  please. 

Also, it's 8-12 million. 

These two have contradicted themselves and each other throughout this thread.

This isn't about saying the Jets need to save that money for a QB, just that QB is the only one worthy of that money. Not crazy contradictory, but enough is there and probably more than I've contradicted myself. 

When it was pointed out that Revis wasn't a trustworthy business partner

Hoooooooooly shiiiiit. In the NFL the party not trustworthy in business is the player? ******* fans man...

The non-exclusive franchise tag (where another team can offer a contract) is projected to be $14.642 mil.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/22795/giants-franchise-tag-options

So, if Revis is seeking $16+ mil, then he is in fact seeking QB money. 

I don't get how you harp on this so much as if the Jets *actually have a QB set for that kind of payday.* It seriously makes no sense, but you guys keep running to this to anchor your argument. Nobody cares if it's QB money because the Jets' payroll does not and will not have a QB making that kind of money anytime soon. Hell, with the outside shot that Sanchez doesn't stink and breaks out in 2013 they're actually set until 2016 paying LESS than premium price for a QB. 

Enough with the general theory nonsense and look at the actual way the Jets are constructed. Do a little more work than "YEP that's QB money." 

I don't get how you harp on this so much as if the Jets *actually have a QB set for that kind of payday.* It seriously makes no sense, but you guys keep running to this to anchor your argument. Nobody cares if it's QB money because the Jets' payroll does not and will not have a QB making that kind of money anytime soon. Hell, with the outside shot that Sanchez doesn't stink and breaks out in 2013 they're actually set until 2016 paying LESS than premium price for a QB. 

Enough with the general theory nonsense and look at the actual way the Jets are constructed. Do a little more work than "YEP that's QB money." 

So since we don't currently spend the money on a QB (Sanchez gets pretty good QB money), we should feel free to spend that "QB" money on a CB who isn't worth it?

Fantastic idea!!! 

So since we don't currently spend the money on a QB (Sanchez gets pretty good QB money), we should feel free to spend that "QB" money on a CB who isn't worth it?

Fantastic idea!!! 

I know it is, which is why I suggest it. Why isn't he worth it? Some poorly thought out hive mentality built around the QB money argument? Fantastic!! 

Fact: More than one way to build an NFL roster with premium talent. What is absolutely necessary to do it is premium, elite, high level talent.  

Sure, won't argue with that.  There's just a massive leap between that and the conclusion you're drawing from that, but we'll get there.

Fact: The Jets aren't paying franchise QB prices until they actually find a franchise QB AND get out of his pre-FA years.

Probably true, barring a trade or a shocking FA (rare, but it happens).

Fact:

QB heavy payrolls haven't exactly pumped out SB winners in recent

years. The Steelers won their first Roethlisberger Super Bowl when he

was on a 6/22 deal. They've won once since his big money extension, and

just finished 8-8 with him missing 3 games. The Pats have BEEN to Super

Bowls since their payroll became Brady/Wilfork/Welker/JAGs, but have yet

to win one. The Colts pulled out one SB victory and never built a

defense with Manning dominating their payroll. Luck is more controlled

in cost - the Colts plan to build a better all around team. The Saints

won their Super Bowl with Brees on a 6/60 deal, a relative steal for a

QB. They've since front loaded the hell out of his latest deal. Teams

get that the QB is the way to prolonged relevance, but more and more

teams are looking at building balanced rosters. The Seahawks are

balanced. The Falcons give Ryan a ton of talent to work with. Matt

Schaub, Andy Dalton, and Joe FLacco were the QBs of the 3rd, 4th, and

5th best records in the AFC, and one of those guys won the Super BOwl.

What you seem to be suggesting is that committing such a significant portion of a team's salary cap to only one player is a poor means of roster management, even if that position is a QB.  Although it is also worth pointing out that prior to this year, 10 of the past 11 Super Bowls were won by Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning, the other Manning, and Big Ben.  Given the premium on the QB position, I'd imagine that if you think there is an argument that even the QB position is not worth investing so much money into, then there is absolutely no way any other position is.

Fact:

The three highest paid players at the Super Bowl played ILB, DE/DT, and

DE/OLB. Only one of those positions would even be considered in the

internet conversation of positions that are premium and therefore worth

of being paid slightly less than QB money.

Curious to know, were any of those three players making $16-18 million / year?  If not, it would seem to suggest that teams should not invest such a large amount of money into a single player.

Maybe this is a

fact, I'm working purely on memory for this post: Franchise QB money is

now about 20 million dollars a year anyway, so Revis technically isn't

asking for that. 

He's not asking for top 3 QB money (Manning and Brees are the only ones I can think of making over $18 million/year, but I could be missing someone) I'll give you that, but the number he's (reportedly) looking for still falls in the ballpark of a number of great QBs.

I don't have it completely thought

out yet, but there is enough for me to put it in question this whole

nonsense of Darrelle Revis not being "worth it." 

On one hand you're arguing whether or not a quarterback is "worth it" yet you don't see any merit to thinking a CB is not?  The point being made was never even that the Jets need to sit around and wait until they get to spend $20 million on a QB, despite you trying to pretend it was.  The point was that the only players in the league currently getting paid the way Revis wants to be paid are QBs, and that Revis, no matter how good he is, is still a CB.  As such, he never has and never will have the kind of impact upon a team the way a QB does, therefore his value is simply not as high.

I actually agree with you that investing that much money in a QB can cause some problems for a team, as we saw at times with Peyton in Indy and other such examples (or even the Jets' idiotic Pennington contract, which was enormous for the time).  The point is that it may not be easy, but given the impact of the position it's the one (and only) time you might be able to justify such a huge commitment.  No other position in football is worth even considering having to sacrifice so much of your team by giving that much money to, because that player needs to be able to completely compensate for all the limitations that causes and a CB simply cannot do that.  That's not Revis' fault, but it's just the reality of the game of football.

I'm not arguing whether a QB is worth it. Teams know they sustain relevance and are the quickest route to success and I think I acknowledged that in my post. I'm arguing that the way the roster is set up for the next 5 years it is EXTREEEEEEEMELY unlikely the Jets are in a position where they have to pay franchise QB money. Therefore the money is there for another large impact, elite player. Revis is that player. This becomes even more painfully obvious if/when this team takes a pass rusher at 9 and won't have to pay HIM until the team is out of Revis' next deal.

Archived