Bart Scott Cut

flgreen

Jets cut Bart Scott, too

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2013, 2:37 PM EST

Well, so much for that Thursday meeting with Bart Scott’s agent.

The Jets have announced that linebacker Bart Scott has been released.

It’s unclear what caused things to change in the past hour or so.  It could be that, while finalizing the arrangements for the Thursday meeting, the Jets realized Scott wouldn’t be willing to accept what the Jets would offer on a reduced contract.

And so the Jets opted to pull the rip cord on Scott, making him an unrestricted free agent and a candidate to join former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Buffalo.

If all this predicted migration to Buffalo actually happens, I wonder if they will change their uniforms to green 

I love when this sh*t happens.  Some coach gobbles up a bunch of washed up players from his old team.  Works out so well.  Just look at that beastly line up Mangini created in Cleveland. 

Ridding the locker room of Scott is a good thing, and doing it under the veil of "it's a business" is a great thing. Scott doesn't have a positive impact on the team's solidarity, he very clearly throws the offense under the bus when he can, but cutting him "just because" could have alienated other players. Doing it over money is a win-win.

I won't miss him. 

I love when this sh*t happens.  Some coach gobbles up a bunch of washed up players from his old team.  Works out so well.  Just look at that beastly line up Mangini created in Cleveland. 

I think it helps.  They act like player-coaches installing the system.  The problem is that you only want them on the cheap and you want them to train their replacements.  Parcells brought his boys all over with him.  

I think it helps.  They act like player-coaches installing the system.  The problem is that you only want them on the cheap and you want them to train their replacements.  Parcells brought his boys all over with him.  

Oh, I agree it helps....but its not the solution.  Stop gap, get the system installed but tomorrow you're looking for a replacement.

Jets cut Bart Scott, too

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2013, 2:37 PM EST

Well, so much for that Thursday meeting with Bart Scott’s agent.

The Jets have announced that linebacker Bart Scott has been released.

It’s unclear what caused things to change in the past hour or so.  It could be that, while finalizing the arrangements for the Thursday meeting, the Jets realized Scott wouldn’t be willing to accept what the Jets would offer on a reduced contract.

And so the Jets opted to pull the rip cord on Scott, making him an unrestricted free agent and a candidate to join former Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine in Buffalo.

Rex said he was cut and Barts response was....CAN'T WAIT.....

Archived