Gil Brandt ranks this year's QB crop "by the numbers."

SenorGato

I've been pretty consistent with this but change Jones with Tyler Bray and that's my top 5 best guess.

Agreed.  I almost like Bray the best of the bunch to be honest. 

I think Tyler Bray and Manuel are both mid-round options for the Jets.

Assuming the Jets keep Sanchez, sign a vet, and draft a QB that means the end of the road for McElroy.  

What about Tebow!?!

The Gators made Manual look like sh*t in his house and he played like sh*t vs. NC State.  The rest of the year they beat up on nobodies and some of the worst D's in the country.  Dont like him.  FSU hatred aside.  Like Bray and I hate Tennessee   Wouldnt be upset if they took Landry late.  I'm intrigued by Nassib.  The rest is poop.

You guys cannot be serious with this Bray stuff. He's a junior, he's never completed 60% of his passes in a season, and he's a dipsh*t to boot. At the risk of coining my own "pumped-up Drew Gooden" moment, there are enough mid-round prospects in this draft that we don't need to be flushing a 5th after a jerky Kyle Boller.

You guys cannot be serious with this Bray stuff. He's a junior, he's never completed 60% of his passes in a season, and he's a dipsh*t to boot. At the risk of coining my own "pumped-up Drew Gooden" moment, there are enough mid-round prospects in this draft that we don't need to be flushing a 5th after a jerky Kyle Boller.

Now I hope Bray makes 10 Pro Bowls so you have to read "Slimmed down Kyle Boller" slams for the rest of your life.

btw, Bray and Landry are brutal. Anyone pining for them has to stop reading Bleacher Report.

It's about trying to find the best of the worst. Bray and Manuel at least have the physical tools. 

I have probably seen more of Landry Jones' games than anyone short of Bob Stoops and I can tell you that while he has a good arm and the ability to be somewhat accurate, he does not have the makeup, mobility or football sense under pressure to be anything more than a disappointment.  If you can take him in the 6th round or later, you do it in case he figures it out, but I would be shocked if he ever develops into an NFL QB.

Well said. 

Is accuracy not a physical tool?

Everyone of these guys has accuracy issues. So at least give me the guy that's 6'5, a strong arm with speed or the 6'6 guy with a rocket who maybe I can teach how to read a defense and hope he eventually grows up.

I'm just saying at least give me the higher ceiling than the career back ups who best case scenario, become a poor mans Andy Dalton.

Why would you want the best of the worst?

There is no best of the best in this scenario. There's Geno who's already far from a sure shot and a bunch of other guys. Out of that group I'd rather chance it on the most physically gifted. After Manuel and Bray, ok now it's time to fall back on whoever is probably the most sound overall, probably Nassib and Barkley IMO.

Who are you referring to here?

Mostly all of them maybe minus Geno (the only one over 70%), no? I think Manuel had the highest percentage statistically but was noted in Mobile to be all over the place at times during drills..making NFL throws. I'm taking into consideration comp % for a college QB is going to be inflated. Basically all of these guys have been noted as inconsistent, especially all of the guys throwing at the Sr. Bowl.  Dysert was a guy going into it noted as potentially the most accurate and it's been said he had the toughest week of maybe any QB. Barkley is considered accurate but not on deep balls and not for nothing played with stockpiled talent in the Pac-12. 

Archived