Would you make this deal for Revis?

nj meadowlands

serious question if Mark Sanchez didn't suck, would we want to trade Revis? 

Ahhhh.  That is a good question.

How bad didn't he suck?

first off you would have to consider is that Tannenbaum would still be GM.  The Jets would have made the playoffs the last two years, and we wouldn't need a QB.

Jets would now still be a contender

So in fantasy land the answer is no.

In this dimension Sanchez does suck.  So yes, trade him

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh.  That is a good question.

How bad didn't he suck?

first off you would have to consider is that Tannenbaum would still be GM.  The Jets would have made the playoffs the last two years, and we wouldn't need a QB.

Jets would now still be a contender

So in fantasy land the answer is no.

In this dimension Sanchez does suck.  So yes, trade him

mark Sanchez ruined the Jets. More ruined than it was when he found it.

We can trade him, but saying we have no leverage is beyond insane.  We have him locked up for a year at a reasonable price.  For all you people that think he is going to squeeze whoever he signs with for the last dime, do you honestly think he is going to leave a penny on the table by not playing at an insane level this season?  We may be in line to see the greatest performance by a corner ever.  

We can trade him, but saying we have no leverage is beyond insane.  We have him locked up for a year at a reasonable price.  For all you people that think he is going to squeeze whoever he signs with for the last dime, do you honestly think he is going to leave a penny on the table by not playing at an insane level this season?  We may be in line to see the greatest performance by a corner ever.  

and what does that give us this year? an absolute best if he has 20 interceptions an 8 and 8 season?

Oh.  I forgot the Jets cannot possibly win this season.  They should trade all their players for draft picks. Then trade all those draft picks because they don't know how to draft.  

I AM NOT AFRAID OF 2013.  I AM READY TO WATCH EVERY GAME.  I LOOK FORWARD TO IT.  

Not like the rest of you pansies that are trying to trade 2013 draft picks for 2014 draft picks and selling your 2013 tickets and trying to buy 2016 tickets cause that is when Cowher is going to rescue us. 

For what it is worth, right now on sports radio 76 out of Miami they are talking about a rumor that the Jets talked to the 9'er abot a trade for Tebow.

Would be very interesting if they were actually talking about a Revis + Tebow, for what ever.  Just throwing that bit of unfounded gossip out there

mark Sanchez ruined the Jets. More ruined than it was when he found it.

Don't knowif you were being sarcastic, but Sanchez certainly screwed up Tannenbaum's plans for the Jets.

The main reason, IMO, Tannenbaum is no longer the Jets GM is because he went all in with Sanchez, and lost

Oh.  I forgot the Jets cannot possibly win this season.  They should trade all their players for draft picks. Then trade all those draft picks because they don't know how to draft.  

I AM NOT AFRAID OF 2013.  I AM READY TO WATCH EVERY GAME.  I LOOK FORWARD TO IT.  

Not like the rest of you pansies that are trying to trade 2013 draft picks for 2014 draft picks and selling your 2013 tickets and trying to buy 2016 tickets cause that is when Cowher is going to rescue us. 

ah I forgot also I dont watch for if they win I watch for entertainment. Winning provides me some entertainment but no they have no shot of winning ill call it now.

the jets will not win the super bowl next year

Then what you do is trade that pick for a 2015 first. JUST like the Patriots. 

Tf did you just make up? None of this is true, and if they don't get a motherload then **** off he's staying a Jet. 

No, He's not staying a Jet. He's leaving after the end of the season. The chances of Revis being on the 2014 Jets is around zero. 

serious question if Mark Sanchez didn't suck, would we want to trade Revis? 

The answer is no. You have a QB at a solid but below market deal so there's plenty of freedom to build the roster around the roster's best players. 

No, He's not staying a Jet. He's leaving after the end of the season. The chances of Revis being on the 2014 Jets is around zero. 

I've been forced to read multiple posts from you lately and I don't think I've seen a factually true statement in any of them. 

What the **** are you even talking about?  You are sitting here telling me that the Jets are in a terrible situation because he will play great in the first half?  They are in the driver's seat. You are just being a defeatest wuss.  They can sign him or they can trade him and they have him on the hook this year for a very reasonable price. 

You're just defying logic. They can't franchise him, it's very clear they can't pay him and they can't trade him for full value because of the injury situation. Anyone who thinks thats a great spot to be in is just blind.

You're just defying logic. They can't franchise him, it's very clear they can't pay him and they can't trade him for full value because of the injury situation. Anyone who thinks thats a great spot to be in is just blind.

Yes.  They would be in a much better spot if they didn't sign him in 2010.  As Idzik said, he is an asset.  It's up to Idzik to get the most value for that asset, but acting like having him play in 2013 @ $6M is not worth something is beyond blind.  They are the ******* pinball wizard. 

Yes.  They would be in a much better spot if they didn't sign him in 2010.  As Idzik said, he is an asset.  It's up to Idzik to get the most value for that asset, but acting like having him play in 2013 @ $6M is not worth something is beyond blind.  They are the ******* pinball wizard. 

Do you really care if they go 7-9 with Revis or 5-11 without him if it means not getting anything for him when he walks? That just crazy short sighted. 

Do you really care if they go 7-9 with Revis or 5-11 without him if it means not getting anything for him when he walks? That just crazy short sighted. 

This is the only moronic fanbase that is begging to go into a multi-year rebuild mode in league where teams routinely go from worst to first.  Yes I care.  Why is 7-9 the ceiling.  Newsflash: They collapsed last year and were 6-10 with some of the worst QB play I've ever seen and an offensive coordinator who was truly horrific.  Give this team a new QB - say Cassel and he reverts to 2010 form - they are right back in the thick of things.  Is it likely?  Nah, but I guess that means they should avoid it and forfeit all the games so that Coples and WIlkerson don't get hurt for that big push in 2016.

This is the only moronic fanbase that is begging to go into a multi-year rebuild mode in league where teams routinely go from worst to first.  Yes I care.  Why is 7-9 the ceiling.  Newsflash: They collapsed last year and were 6-10 with some of the worst QB play I've ever seen and an offensive coordinator who was truly horrific.  Give this team a new QB - say Cassel and he reverts to 2010 form - they are right back in the thick of things.  Is it likely?  Nah, but I guess that means they should avoid it and forfeit all the games so that Coples and WIlkerson don't get hurt for that big push in 2016.

Matt Cassel!!!!! MATT CASSEL? is going to make the Jets into a playoff team? The guy who's fans (in a great football town) hated him so much that they cheered when he got hurt and who has been Sanchez level awful? Anyone saying this team is going worst to first is just refusing to be realistic about this pathetic talent level on this roster. Do you really think this FO is going to have a draft like the Colts or Redskins last season? The likelihood of that is around zilch and it's actually better to join the reality based community and get something for Revis rather than to hope that a miracle happens, and when it doesn't, lose him for nothing. 

Matt Cassel!!!!! MATT CASSEL? is going to make the Jets into a playoff team? The guy who's fans (in a great football town) hated him so much that they cheered when he got hurt and who has been Sanchez level awful? Anyone saying this team is going worst to first is just refusing to be realistic about this pathetic talent level on this roster. Do you really think this FO is going to have a draft like the Colts or Redskins last season? The likelihood of that is around zilch and it's actually better to join the reality based community and get something for Revis rather than to hope that a miracle happens, and when it doesn't, lose him for nothing. 

So oh great prognosticator:

Jets playoff chances = 0%

Jets chances of retaining Revis = 0%

Another newsflash - since you are so big on logic - the Jets need a draft like the Colts or Skins to return to the playoffs?  Um.. how about the Seahawks?  How about the VIkings?  Could the Jets ever obtain a QB as good as the mighty Christian Ponder?  Could the Jets ever hope to add a player of the caliber of Harrison Smith with the #9 pick in the draft? Give me a ******* break.  

People are really underestimating how bad this roster is.

The 2009 team you knew had a shot with the roster and a few breaks. The offense needs a total overhaul and we have zero wiggle room to sign FA's

Yes. I am. BTW, the only break that the 2009 team needed was barely capable QB play.  I don't think they need much more than that now.  

Another newsflash - since you are so big on logic - the Jets need a draft like the Colts or Skins to return to the playoffs?  Um.. how about the Seahawks?  How about the VIkings?  Could the Jets ever obtain a QB as good as the mighty Christian Ponder?  Could the Jets ever hope to add a player of the caliber of Harrison Smith with the #9 pick in the draft? Give me a ******* break.  

The talent level between the Jets and Seahawks is enormous. The Vikings have one of the best players at his position of all time. And his position generates points, unlike our star.

Yes. I am. BTW, the only break that the 2009 team needed was barely capable QB play.  I don't think they need much more than that now.  

We had guys capable of making plays in 2009. Leon prior injury, young Braylon, younger Cotchery, Brad Smith who created chunk yardage plays that we dont have now and a dominate RT in Woody...where we could plug Greene in late in the year and he wasnt getting touched before four yards.

Just the fact that you would compare those rosters to the Jets shows how clueless you are. NTM a team who had a RB have one of the greatest seasons of all time.

Maybe in whatever strange reality you're living in they are going to pay him, but it couldn't be any more clear that they aren't going to. 

Your eyes just see everything don't it...Ugh. Not an OUNCE of proof in any single ******* post and yet I actually...Waste of ******* time. 

The talent level between the Jets and Seahawks is enormous. The Vikings have one of the best players at his position of all time. And his position generates points, unlike our star.

Disagree.  It's a fair point and I think you are in the majority and more likely right than I am.  OTOH, that Seahawk game was a perfect example of a team being completely outclassed and IMO the majority of it falling on the utter failure of the QB to provide even a poorly acceptable level of performance.  Sanchez sh*t the bed and the team eventually followed. 

Okay fine.  I wave the white flag.  I hope the GM does the same. Trade all the picks for 2014 picks because this year is bound to be a disaster.  What a bunch of pansies.  If we were in the same lockerroom we would be ******* brawling. 

You want to run the team the way Rex would if he was a GM. Based on not being a "pansy," not an actual plan for long term success.

How about this. If the Jets re-sign Revis I write your sig, if they don't you write mine. Deal?

No dummy. How about instead of proposing such stupid things as sig bets you actually work on proving something you say is based in fact and reality? That would be much less of a waste. 

You want to run the team the way Rex would if he was a GM. Based on not being a "pansy," not an actual plan for long term success.

You're not presenting a plan dummy. You're saying trade the best player on the team and one of the best players in the league for pennies on the dollar because future. That doesn't cover enough. 

Archived