Would you make this deal for Revis?

nj meadowlands

Okay fine.  I wave the white flag.  I hope the GM does the same. Trade all the picks for 2014 picks because this year is bound to be a disaster.  What a bunch of pansies.  If we were in the same lockerroom we would be ******* brawling. 

Its not a matter of guys not playing hard...this team just isnt very talented. If Revis wants to stay, sign him. If not...might as well get something for him rather than nothing.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You want to run the team the way Rex would if he was a GM. Based on not being a "pansy," not an actual plan for long term success.

No.  I want to start assembling a decent team.  They have close to a blank slate right now.  One of the things they do have is a tremendous corner at a cheap price.  If they can get value for him they should, but there is no MUST TRADE him.  You are probably the most knee jerk poster here and it doesn't surprise me that you are on this bandwagon, but it's still ridiculous.  There is a decent likelihood that they should, can and will trade him. OTOH, you have this down to a MUST trade him and MUST trade him now before he plays and then he will refuse to sign.  There are plenty of teams that could use a one year rental.  If Revis were (not on IR) but on the Broncos or 49ers the Ravens probably aren't winning the super bowl.  Do you think one of those teams would have minded a half-season + playoffs rental of Revis? 

UNLESS he never recovers his AllPro form. You just cant dismiss that as a potential possibility. 

i used to bet against players and injuries. But in this world where Gronk has his back fused, AD heals miraculously from a career-ender and Ray Lewis plays 20 years at ILB, i don't do that anymore. Revis is not only gonna come back he'll probably be better. Cause of deer antlers. 

No dummy. How about instead of proposing such stupid things as sig bets you actually work on proving something you say is based in fact and reality? That would be much less of a waste. 

You're not presenting a plan dummy. You're saying trade the best player on the team and one of the best players in the league for pennies on the dollar because you say it's a good idea for the future. **** off with that nonsense. 

Fine, have your magical thinking that they are going to re sign him. I have presented a plan, get the most possible value for him which means to trade him right now. You're the one who wants to follow down a path that will help the jets only marginally in the short run and hurt them in the long run when he leaves for nothing. I just hope the people running the jets aren't as shortsighted and delusional as you are.

Okay fine.  I wave the white flag.  I hope the GM does the same. Trade all the picks for 2014 picks because this year is bound to be a disaster.  What a bunch of pansies.  If we were in the same lockerroom we would be ******* brawling. 

if you trade all the 2013 picks for 2014 picks and all the 2014 picks for 2015 picks, the Jets will be better in the year 3000. 

Fine, have your magical thinking that they are going to re sign him. I have presented a plan, get the most possible value for him which means to trade him right now. You're the one who wants to follow down a path that will help the jets only marginally in the short run and hurt them in the long run when he leaves for nothing. I just hope the people running the jets aren't as shortsighted and delusional as you are.

NO.  It absolutely doesn't.  You are afraid if we wait until he jogs on a practice field we will lose value?  You think I want to be like Rex?  You are the Chad Pennington of GMs.  Go ahead.  Dump it off to the back.

No. I want to start assembling a decent team. They have close to a blank slate right now. One of the things they do have is a tremendous corner at a cheap price. If they can get value for him they should, but there is no MUST TRADE him. You are probably the most knee jerk poster here and it doesn't surprise me that you are on this bandwagon, but it's still ridiculous. There is a decent likelihood that they should, can and will trade him. OTOH, you have this down to a MUST trade him and MUST trade him now before he plays and then he will refuse to sign. There are plenty of teams that could use a one year rental. If Revis were (not on IR) but on the Broncos or 49ers the Ravens probably aren't winning the super bowl. Do you think one of those teams would have minded a half-season + playoffs rental of Revis?

I like that you're calling me knee jerk when i've been saying the same thing about Revis for 3 years. It was clear from the second they gave him that moronically designed extension that he was leaving after 2013. I'm all for playing the market and getting the best we can for him but this isn't baseball and players like revis don't get traded in the middle of the season. If he starts the year on the jets, he'll probably finish the year here and walk, which is the worst possible outcome for the Jets.

Stop lying, you have not presented a plan. If you want to call that a plan, it's basic at best. It considers nothing but the Jets losing no matter what gets done. I can only hope that the people running the Jets don't have this creepy fetish for vague futures built on getting sh*t value for players so that they can tank until *poof* Super Bowl appears. It's drivel. 

Stop lying, you have not presented a plan. If you want to call that a plan, it's basic at best. It considers nothing but the Jets losing no matter what gets done. I can only hope that the people running the Jets don't have this creepy fetish for vague futures built on getting sh*t value for players so that they can tank until *poof* Super Bowl appears. It's drivel.

At least what i'm saying to do is based in reality, not in your delusional fantasy where the Jets don't have the least talented roster in the NFL even WITH Revis and every indication doesn't say they aren't going to re-sign him, and they had more options than the corner the last GM painted them into. Didn't you think the Jets were a playoff team before this season started? Nice call on that buddy. Apparently you would've fit right in with the fools running the team because being delusional about the state the franchise is currently in, the quality of the roster and the financial reality of the cap situation is the reason the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL right now.

At least what i'm saying to do is based in reality,

No it's not. The sad thing is that you are delusional enough to actually buy this. Just an absolute waste of space these posts...they bring absolutely nothing. The same nobody that thinks Tyler Austin is an elite prospect is going to sit here and tell me the Jets have the worst roster in the league and I'm, supposed to buy that sh*t. Fuuuuuck off with your nonsense. 

No it's not. The sad thing is that you are delusional enough to actually buy this. Just an absolute waste of space these posts...they bring absolutely nothing. The same nobody that thinks Tyler Austin is an elite prospect is going to sit here and tell me the Jets have the worst roster in the league and I'm, supposed to buy that sh*t. Fuuuuuck off with your nonsense. 

I can just hope that Idzik isn't as delusional and short sighted about this roster as you would be. Since you're really not bring much to the table except dumb coss posts from other forms and insults i'm gonna just ignore you.

I can just hope that Idzik isn't as delusional and short sighted about this roster as you would be. Since you're really not bring much to the table except dumb coss posts from other forms and insults i'm gonna just ignore you.

Oh no please don't do that! I'd lose such a great eye and insight. Not short sighted, in your reality, is trading Revis *now* and calling it the best possible value. I highly doubt Idzik is that kind of dummy. 

The idea that this team is better QB play away from the AFC Championship game is so dumb it's making my head hurt. Here is a list for you:

ROLB

LOLB

Free Safety

Strong Safety

Left Guard

Right Guard

Right Tackle 

Running Back

Tight End

Those are the positions where the Jets don't have a starting quality NFL player under contract. Hell, in most of those they don't even have a guy who would be a backup on a decent team! And thats before you get to them having the worst QB in the NFL under contract eating 8.25M against the cap! Are you really telling me that they are going to be able, with ~5-6m of cap room, and one draft, where they would have to hit a home run on pretty much every pick, be able to fill the majority of those holes AND upgrade at QB? Does that seem realistic to anyone?

The idea that this team is better QB play away from the AFC Championship game is so dumb it's making my head hurt. Here is a list for you:

ROLB

LOLB

Free Safety

Strong Safety

Left Guard

Right Guard

Right Tackle 

Running Back

Tight End

Those are the positions where the Jets don't have a starting quality NFL player under contract. Hell, in most of those they don't even have a guy who would be a backup on a decent team! And thats before you get to them having the worst QB in the NFL under contract eating 8.25M against the cap! Are you really telling me that they are going to be able, with ~5-6m of cap room, and one draft, where they would have to hit a home run on pretty much every pick, be able to fill the majority of those holes AND upgrade at QB? Does that seem realistic to anyone?

this is a fairly accurate laundry list but alot can change quickly in this league.

That would be correct. The idea that this team is bottom tier all of a sudden is laughable at best. 

You are your record. This is a bad team, that lacks talent and depth, they are losing starters at multiple positions and don't have the cap space to replace those starters with equally talented veterans, which means there will be an influx of inexperience.

That's the reality of the situation. So, there's going to be a period of time that it takes to replenish talent organically, through the draft. Trading Revis is being viewed as a way of paying a high price to accelerate that period of replenishment. The reality is, unless the Jets get a monsterous offer that positions them to aggressive add high-tier prospect through the next 2 drafts, they shouldn't bother trading Revis. 

I do not support the "you might as well get something for him" position at all. I think it's a no-brainer to trade him for a haul that speeds up the replenishing, because if those picks are used efficiently, it can in fact get this team back on track quicker. I do not think Revis should be dealt from a position of desperation though, that would be stupid.

serious question if Mark Sanchez didn't suck, would we want to trade Revis? 

Probably not.  The assumption is that without Sanchez, we'd have at least a league-average QB (signed to Sanchez' contract) - with a league-average QB, we're a playoff team.  And with some good luck, and a few personnel moves, we could be a championship contender.

But we don't have a league-average QB, we have Sanchez.  And we're stuck with him for at least one year, maybe two.  And we're not winning anything as long as he's here.  So paying Revis $16mil a year to play on a team that has no chance of winning a Super Bowl makes no sense.

Luckily the NFL is not the kind of sport where your record has significant predictive value. Not to mention much of that record lies on the quality of QB play the team got last year. 

Can't disagree. 

I look at it this way, if the Jets can get multiple 2013 R1-R3 picks and a top 40 2014 pick for Revis, then it might be worth trading him. Especially if we have no shot at getting him the contract he's going to want.

I'd love it if we got 2 picks this year, Kendall Hunter, and a 2014 pick for him. Gives us a very under-rated everydown RB, and some ammunition to address the legit areas of need. As for the QB situation, I think we can and should go after someone like Flynn this year, and still think franchise QB in the 2014 draft, unless we have a shot at Clowney.

At least what i'm saying to do is based in reality, not in your delusional fantasy where the Jets don't have the least talented roster in the NFL even WITH Revis and every indication doesn't say they aren't going to re-sign him, and they had more options than the corner the last GM painted them into. Didn't you think the Jets were a playoff team before this season started? Nice call on that buddy. Apparently you would've fit right in with the fools running the team because being delusional about the state the franchise is currently in, the quality of the roster and the financial reality of the cap situation is the reason the Jets are the laughingstock of the NFL right now.

LOL.  Keep waving the white flag Chad.

Address my post about the 9 GAPING holes on this team before you even get to QB.

This is pretty funny.  The Jets lost a bunch of guys you've bashed for years and now it's an untenable situation because they aren't here? According to you, Keller is atrocious, so where is the big loss?  Greene? I hear he was awful.  Thomas and Pace?  I don't remember you insulting them, but I can guess.  Yerimiah Bell?  Think they might be able to resign him? It's possible, but why would anybody sign with this franchise?  We can't win,  I think I'm going to give up addressing any of your posts because everything is so absolute with you there is no sense. RT wasn't such a gaping hole last year and the guy is an RFA

This is pretty funny.  The Jets lost a bunch of guys you've bashed for years and now it's an untenable situation because they aren't here? According to you, Keller is atrocious, so where is the big loss?  Greene? I hear he was awful.  Thomas and Pace?  I don't remember you insulting them, but I can guess.  Yerimiah Bell?  Think they might be able to resign him? It's possible, but why would anybody sign with this franchise?  We can't win,  I think I'm going to give up addressing any of your posts because everything is so absolute with you there is no sense. RT wasn't such a gaping hole last year and the guy is an RFA

You're pretty much making my point for me though, yeah those guys, Keller, Pace, Greene weren't even good and the guys they have in those depth chart spots not aren't even guys who would make teams as backups! They have 6 million of cap room. If they re sign Austin Howard thats like 1.2 million or so with the RFA tender and whats bell going to get? 2.5? 3? Thats more than half their available cap room and all they did was bring back two below league average starters. Which leaves you 2+m cap room, 7 gaping holes and no QB. How are they filling those holes in one offseason? It's just not realistic. It's not about "giving up" it's about doing something that the jets never did with their last incompetent front office (most of which are still here) and be honest about how terrible this roster is. 

This is one of the 5 worst rosters in the NFL easily.

meh id say we 11th if its purely based on entire team and how they play together. We arnt like the chiefs of the league. We may lose games to sh*tty teams but we have the potential to screw over a good team which i think keeps us above those other sh*ttier teams

Yet another one with an erection for Brady Quinn.

damn walked in to that one lol

i used to bet against players and injuries. But in this world where Gronk has his back fused, AD heals miraculously from a career-ender and Ray Lewis plays 20 years at ILB, i don't do that anymore. Revis is not only gonna come back he'll probably be better. Cause of deer antlers. 

I hear ya, but 0% chance of this IMO.

He will return to maybe 90% at best. Just my belief :)

Archived