Jets targeting my boy Victor Butler

LAD_Brooklyn

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2013/03/sources-jets-targeting-cowboys-outside-linebacker-victor-butler-in-free-agency

Butler saw 300 snaps this year and responded with some good work in the run game and rushing the passer, earning our seventh-highest grade among 3-4 outside linebackers

-PFF

You realize of course this is Mehta reporting this?

I like Butler, but I will put this in the BS file until some one credible reports it.

it might be true there is nothing negative about it that Mehta likes to make up

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  If the price was right he would be a quality signing.

Could be, but as FLGreen noted, it was a Mehta piece linking us to him.  There are a couple of blurbs about him saying the Saints and Jets could be interested.  They act like he might not be interested in the Jets.  That is a ridiculous comment because if the Jets will pay him, he will come here.  FWIW, I think these guys have a tendency to link Rob Ryan guys to Rex, but I haven't seen any great correlation.  Rex targeted the guy he had in Baltimore - Barnes.  I'm assuming the Jets are priced out of the Butler deal right now, but may come back to him as FA continues.

Could be, but as FLGreen noted, it was a Mehta piece linking us to him.  There are a couple of blurbs about him saying the Saints and Jets could be interested.  They act like he might not be interested in the Jets.  That is a ridiculous comment because if the Jets will pay him, he will come here.  FWIW, I think these guys have a tendency to link Rob Ryan guys to Rex, but I haven't seen any great correlation.  Rex targeted the guy he had in Baltimore - Barnes.  I'm assuming the Jets are priced out of the Butler deal right now, but may come back to him as FA continues.

Oh yeah???? When??? Before the draft. ;-).  

On the reals though, what is this dude going to demand?  Its not like he's built a super resume from a statistical stand point.  I know he got graded out highly from PFF but how much do you a pay a guy with 10 sacks and 50 tackles in 4 seasons?

also noteworthy is that LAD doesn't believe PFF's grades on Colon but he does believe PFF grades on Victor Butler. Im with Jif, the guy avg's 3 sacks a year, what exactly is his appeal? 

Are you serious still on this Colon thing? lol. The guy sucks and I don't need a secondary source to tell me other wise as I along with those I watch the game with all know the deal. I can stop a Steelers fan as I walk now in Oakland how "decent" of a player he was and they will tell you otherwise.

Also do you seriously believe Butler perform as the 7th best OLB in the NFL? So why would you take me or anyone else as placing to much stock into their ratings? So if that's your claim then it's obvious your a liar.

Are you serious still on this Colon thing? lol. The guy sucks and I don't need a secondary source to tell me other wise as I along with those I watch the game with all know the deal. I can stop a Steelers fan as I walk now in Oakland how "decent" of a player he was and they will tell you otherwise.

Also do you seriously believe Butler perform as the 7th best OLB in the NFL? So why would you take me or anyone else as placing to much stock into their ratings? So if that's your claim then it's obvious your a liar.

It seemed like you were using PFF to praise Butler. Truth be told I don't subscribe to their methodologies either. But I do like the WIllie colon signing. that guy was far from the problem with the Steelers OL. 

It seemed like you were using PFF to praise Butler. Truth be told I don't subscribe to their methodologies either. But I do like the WIllie colon signing. that guy was far from the problem with the Steelers OL. 

Colon lead the NFL (lineman) in penalties despite playing only 11 games. As a result some big play were taken off the stat sheet and scoreboard. That's something I hope he avoids as a Jets but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Colon lead the NFL (lineman) in penalties despite playing only 11 games. As a result some big play were taken off the stat sheet and scoreboard. That's something I hope he avoids as a Jets but that's wishful thinking on my part.

Bit's point was not to argue the merits of Colon, but that you were touting Butler on one hand using PFF as a reference and then ignoring PFF's extremely high praise of Colon on the other.  If you subscribe to their analysis of Butler, his contention is that it seems rather contradictory to bash someone so terribly that graded out very highly by the same company analyzing butler.  Unless besides watching all 16 steelers games, you're able to pay attention to a 2nd string OLB for the cowboys as well.

I wonder why he isn't already a Saint.    His former DC is the new DC there.  The Saints seem to have an interest in him and need LBs.   

It's curious as to why he wasn't already scooped up by them.  Unless Rob Ryan isn't all that interested.    

+1

I don't need math to tell me what my eyes already see.

Bit's point was not to argue the merits of Colon, but that you were touting Butler on one hand using PFF as a reference and then ignoring PFF's extremely high praise of Colon on the other.  If you subscribe to their analysis of Butler, his contention is that it seems rather contradictory to bash someone so terribly that graded out very highly by the same company analyzing butler.  Unless besides watching all 16 steelers games, you're able to pay attention to a 2nd string OLB for the cowboys as well.

Not sure why this needs to be explain again as i got it the 1st time and answer this on post #15. So your telling me you agree with his notice that the Steelers fans were wrong in their analysis of Colon blowing for them?

Archived