Victor Cruz tender- Can we make a play? Question regarding the process

Jetkid94

The team would have to match the overall deal, correct? Not just the 2013 yearly wage?

So could we offer Victor Cruz a 4 year deal worth X amount of money but make the first year of his contract his least earning amount assuming we will have more money next year in the cap because of possibly having Revis off the books plus other future moves?

Would you care to give up #9 for Cruz? Especially if Idzik got 31 and 34 from San Fran where we can still get a pass rusher or 2?

And if multiple teams put in offers, does the highest one get sent to the giants? Because it seems a few teams will make offers.

You know woody would love the publicity of getting Cruz and then getting picks back in a Revis deal.

Would also fast forward the process

Thoughts?

Without a QB to throw him the ball it's just slapping lipstick on a pig. Use our first rounder to get a high-end talent that you can pay significantly less than what Cruz's second contract will be.

This. I'm not even sure he's the Giants stud WR I would want anyway. I still like Nicks more.

This. I'm not even sure he's the Giants stud WR I would want anyway. I still like Nicks more.

Agreed. I've always felt that Nicks was the more dominant wide receiver of the two and would take him over cruz in a heartbeat.  But I would even have trouble trading our first and giving him the contract he'd want what with his injury history.  All in all, I think as a franchise we have to be better about giving players their first contract instead of giving other teams' players their second. 

Archived