Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

Greenseed4

A league source tells PFT that the Jets have an offer on the table for Revis.  Per the source, the offer is a “good” one, both as to the compensation given to the team and the financial package that would be extended to Revis.

Another source tells PFT that, if such an offer has been made, the financial component has yet to be shared with the Revis camp.  To date, the Jets and Revis have had no talks, and the Jets have not given Revis’s agents permission to talk to other teams regarding a new contract.

full article here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/11/jets-have-good-offer-on-table-for-revis/

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Pettine is at it again.  

Though this begs the question, if the Jets haven't been in discussion with Camp Revis, would they really know what sort of compensation package he would likely deem acceptable? I guess it's possible.  

I like the Philly connection for several reasons:

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

2.  Nick Foles adds an experienced camp body to help implement/compete for the QB spot.  This is a two-fold addition, One, it prevents us from adding youth via the draft, and Two, it saves us the draft pick that would have been used to draft youth at the QB position.

3.  Revis went to school at Pittsburgh, and is a PA native.

4.  After cutting Asomugha and DRC, the Eagles will be flush in cap space, and have major holes in their secondary.

5.  This leads me to believe the trade package may consist of: pick(s), Foles, and a CB.  Kinda like I proposed a while back.    

Though this begs the question, if the Jets haven't been in discussion with Camp Revis, would they really know what sort of compensation package he would likely deem acceptable? I guess it's possible.  

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

2.  Nick Foles adds an experienced camp body to help implement/compete for the QB spot.  This is a two-fold addition, One, it prevents us from adding youth via the draft, and Two, it saves us the draft pick that would have been used to draft youth at the QB position.

4.  After cutting Asomugha and DRC, the Eagles will be flush in cap space, and have major holes in their secondary.

5.  This leads me to believe the trade package may consist of: pick(s), Foles, and a CB.  Kinda like I proposed a while back.    

**** Nick Foles, I want one of their 2 running backs and draft picks.

Is this article saying that the Jets have a contract offer or a trade offer for Revis?

REMEMBER, WOODY SAY HE WON'T PAY!

**** Nick Foles, I want one of their 2 running backs and draft picks.

You'd be so dead if you were a prostitute. LeSean McCoy, their first, and their 2014 1st. Otherwise, NO DIIIIIIIIICE!

Well, that's a fine how-do-you-do.

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table.  Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table. Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

Agreed. Sounds like some saber-rattling to me.

Sounds a little sketchy though, as if the Jets really haven't allowed Revis' camp to talk to other teams (which was reported by a few different sources), I can't imagine how another team would already have a contract offer for him on the table.  Who knows, could be the Jets trying to motivate interested teams to get moving with their offers.

True.  Sounds hugely sketchy, and even moreso during the smokescreen season.  But is it possible that team-X, who has been in talks with Jets brass could get a basic idea of what Revis might be looking for?

Folks around here are saying $12-16M like it's gospel.  Maybe the FO knows a lil more than we do. 

on edit:  The article does say the according to the "Source", there is a compensation package for the Jets AND the financial package that would be extended to Revis.  Maybe it's a year-long rental. 

True. Sounds hugely sketchy, and even moreso during the smokescreen season. But is it possible that team-X, who has been in talks with Jets brass could get a basic idea of what Revis might be looking for?

Folks around here are saying $12-16M like it's gospel. Maybe the FO knows a lil more than we do.

In all my years of watching football and its offseason shenanigans, the agents for Revis have been the most mouthy, sneaky, unethical and manipulative pair of scabs I've ever seen. At least Rosenhaus and Boras get out in front of their rumor-mongering, but not Revis' people. They'll subvert you to the media at every step.

The Jets aren't talking to him.  Other teams aren't allowed to talk to him.  I'm not sure what this article says. 

The Jets are going by what they think he might ask for or they are going by what they want to give him.  Some other team is going by what they think he's getting.    

Why would anybody make a trade and offer based off of this logic?

In all my years of watching football and its offseason shenanigans, the agents for Revis have been the most mouthy, sneaky, unethical and manipulative pair of scabs I've ever seen. At least Rosenhaus and Boras get out in front of their rumor-mongering, but not Revis' people. They'll subvert you to the media at every step.

The Jets aren't talking to him.  Other teams aren't allowed to talk to him.  I'm not sure what this article says. 

The Jets are going by what they think he might ask for or they are going by what they want to give him.  Some other team is going by what they think he's getting.    

Why would anybody make a trade and offer based off of this logic?

Based on what was leaked the other day by a certain NFC exec, that the Jets won't let anyone talk to Revis or his peeps, and that our FO responded to his inquiry with, "What are you offering?"...Goes to show just who's driving Ms. Daisy. 

It means our GM cares about our team's interests first...the trading team's interests second...and Revis last. 

Cool with me.   

1.  Marty Mornhinweg.

Sounds like a well thought out plan. 

I can't wait for this to be over.  All this back and forth saying there is there is not an offer shows just how clueless yet conniving the media is.  I want it to be over, to simply be talking about signing people and drafting people.  He really is a Mevis.

The New York Daily News reiterates that the Jets are "poised" to trade Darrelle Revis "in the coming days."

"Bet it," a source familiar with the situation told the Daily News. "If [Revis] isn't traded by tomorrow, Idzik is an idiot. One buyer might dry out. He has to move him. The risk of keeping him kills the franchise for five years and Idzik is gone." The Jets are looking for draft pick compensation and a team that is willing to satisfy Revis' contract demands of $12-$16M per year. The best time to do a deal is this week, before interested teams satisfy their cornerback needs via other avenues.

yup. I am on record for years saying as long as that Uncle of his, Sean Gilbert is involved, you cant trust ONE thing from that camp.

The New York Daily News reiterates that the Jets are "poised" to trade Darrelle Revis "in the coming days."

"Bet it," a source familiar with the situation told the Daily News. "If [Revis] isn't traded by tomorrow, Idzik is an idiot. One buyer might dry out. He has to move him. The risk of keeping him kills the franchise for five years and Idzik is gone." The Jets are looking for draft pick compensation and a team that is willing to satisfy Revis' contract demands of $12-$16M per year. The best time to do a deal is this week, before interested teams satisfy their cornerback needs via other avenues.

LOL.  We will be crippled for 5 years by letting him walk?  What a ******* joke.

if the Jets get a 1st rounder of any kind for Revis I will be shocked. They aren't bargaining from a position of strength. 

1st + 3rd + 7th + $12M per = Percy Harvin < Revis

yup. I am on record for years saying as long as that Uncle of his, Sean Gilbert is involved, you cant trust ONE thing from that camp.

Crude but effective.  It's not the other side is above planting stories in the media or anything.  

Lol ONE buyer might dry up and if Idzik doesn't trade him he's an idiot ruining the Frachise for the next 5 years. **** this guy.

Archived