Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

Greenseed4

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you put a deadline on trading a player (in this case the 1 million dollar bonus), it's a guarantee you won't get value. Teams will not give a 1 for Revis. The Jets will get screwed. 

Bit you have to accept the fact that the Jets aren't paying Revis.  Period.  He will not be a Jet in 2014

Anything they get, that keeps him away from AFCE teams, is a good thing.

Not only the Pats, but Jets fans have to start thinking about the Fish.  They seem to have a young starting QB, 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, and $30,000,000 in cap space.

No one wants to see Revis leave, but he is gone

I watch football because it's fun. Watching this mother****er hold out every other year = not fun

What's that you say? Oh rooting for a loser isn't fun? Well, the idea that the Jets will be worse off over the next five years without Revis and 16m per is debateable but I GUARANTEE that not worrying about this cocksucker anymore will make me a happier fan.

I watch football because it's fun. Watching this mother****er hold out every other year = not fun

What's that you say? Oh rooting for a loser isn't fun? Well, the idea that the Jets will be worse off over the next five years without Revis and 16m per is debateable but I GUARANTEE that not worrying about this cocksucker anymore will make me a happier fan.

This, also, true.

Bit you have to accept the fact that the Jets aren't paying Revis.  Period.  He will not be a Jet in 2014

Anything they get, that keeps him away from AFCE teams, is a good thing.

Not only the Pats, but Jets fans have to start thinking about the Fish.  They seem to have a young starting QB, 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, and $30,000,000 in cap space.

No one wants to see Revis leave, but he is gone

So reading this message the Jets have to trade their best player because the rest of the division is good. That makes sense. BTW, who cares about 2014? are the Jets gonna let people attend the games for free while they rebuild? bottom line they get worse in 2013. they aren't gonna get anything close to value for dealing their best player.

This is not good news. 

bender-doomed.jpg

Lol attend the games for free. Woody probably raises concession and program prices to make up for Tannenbaum forcing him to pay Korn/Ferry. It makes sense THO because he spared only the best entertainer he ever had on Los Yets (and that expense) to entertain me with Los Yets.

So reading this message the Jets have to trade their best player because the rest of the division is good. That makes sense. BTW, who cares about 2014? are the Jets gonna let people attend the games for free while they rebuild? bottom line they get worse in 2013. they aren't gonna get anything close to value for dealing their best player.

This is not good news. 

bender-doomed.jpg

Welcome to the reality of the situation. Took you a while to get here.

So reading this message the Jets have to trade their best player because the rest of the division is good. That makes sense. Not because the division is good but because they want to keep him away from good teams in their division.  Which is very possibilty where he will go for free in 2014

are the Jets gonna let people attend the games for free while they rebuild?  Call them.  I'm sure once they find out who you are they will give you free seats

bottom line they get worse in 2013. they aren't gonna get anything close to value for dealing their best player.    8-8 9-7   Not good but better

This is not good news.   it is unless you want to see him in a Pats or Fish uniform

When did the New York Jets become the Pittsburgh Pirates? They are acting like a small market team. 

If you haven't heard, the NFL has this crazy new-fangled thing called a salary cap.  Considering the Jets spend up to (or at least near, in cases like last year where they were desperate to carry over space into this season) the cap every year suggests the insinuation you are trying to make is without merit.

Don't care.  The Man will stick it to him every chance it gets.  These contracts aren't guaranteed.  If you outperform your contract you are stuck.  If you underperform you are cut. That is why these guys insist on bonuses and guaranteed money. **** 'em.  It's not like the owners aren't making money.  I feel no mercy towards them.  The only people that get stuck are the fans because we are stuck with this bullsh*t and a salary cap because the owners can't control their own spending and have to collude to maximize profit.

the bonuses are the salary now for most part, so thats the rub when they hold out, ,bonus already paid.. 

and they dont all get cut when underperform,,if revis had average/bad year he wouldnt be cut..some do for sure, but not all..

If you haven't heard, the NFL has this crazy new-fangled thing called a salary cap.  Considering the Jets spend up to (or at least near, in cases like last year where they were desperate to carry over space into this season) the cap every year suggests the insinuation you are trying to make is without merit.

every team has the same cap. So if that was such an issue, no one could pay him. And this year there's actually a floor that the teams have to spend to... Every thread says Revis is too pricey, my question is if you aren't giving the money to Revis, who gets that money? we will find out I'm sure but safe bet that guy won't be as good as Revis. 

every team has the same cap. So if that was such an issue, no one could pay him. And this year there's actually a floor that the teams have to spend to... Every thread says Revis is too pricey, my question is if you aren't giving the money to Revis, who gets that money? we will find out I'm sure but safe bet that guy won't be as good as Revis. 

No one on the Jets is going to get the type of contract Revis is demanding.  Stop being disingenuous.

Then we should have no problem getting multiple first rounders.  Funny how you think we'll only get a 2nd rounder.  Probably something to do with the gargantuan contract Revis will command.  If that was such a steal, then surely someone else would swoop in and outbid that for a late first. And if that was also a steal, then surely someone else would swoop in and give us a mid-first.  And so on and so forth until we get the pair of firsts (and then some) that Revis is supposedly worth.

We're going to get what he's worth.  Part of the consideration is going to be what contract Revis will command plus his history of holding out plus his desire to hold out even more if there wasn't a poison pill in his last contract.  

every team has the same cap. So if that was such an issue, no one could pay him. And this year there's actually a floor that the teams have to spend to... Every thread says Revis is too pricey, my question is if you aren't giving the money to Revis, who gets that money? we will find out I'm sure but safe bet that guy won't be as good as Revis.

It's not whether that player is as good as Revis. Revis is arguably the GOAT for CBs according to multiple posters here. Revis is great, a potential future HOFer. He is good. The thing is: Does the make an Impact?

The entire point is that it wouldn't be just one guy.  You're talking about 3 to 4 solid starters who you could get for the same amount of money as Revis (depending which end of the rumored price range is the real landing point).  As good as Revis or not, an argument can certainly be made that their combined contributions would outweigh that of Revis.

As far as the whole argument about other teams potentially paying him; if every single team in the league agreed about the value of every player in the NFL, then free agency would be nothing but an empty wasteland.  There's been countless instances of teams ponying up the cash for a player that his former team wasn't willing to pay him, only to find that it was an awful decision.  It's certainly happened to the Jets enough times.

It's not whether that player is as good as Revis. Revis is arguably the GOAT for CBs according to multiple posters here. Revis is great, a potential future HOFer. He is good. The thing is: Does the make an Impact?

Of course he makes an impact.  Does he make a $19M/year impact?  ($16M/year new money plus $3M/year that we still owe from his current contract).

If they can lock him up for similar dollars to his current deal, with the same language if he holds out again it turns into a 7 year deal with $5M/year at the end, then I'm all for it.  If he wants more than that and wants to retain the ability to hold out (with no long-term repercussions), then take the best deal we can before we lose him for the compensatory #100 pick in 2015.

Smart teams might be able to get 2-3 good players for the cost of Revis.    

Teams who want to win now and act stupid, do what the Jets did. They Spend foolishly and if you don't win a super bowl or even come close(Eagles, Jets last two seasons) you are one of those teams who has to start over.      Winning organizations seem to know how to dump salaries and still win.

Steelers, Patriots, Packers, etc have essentially been winning organzations since the 90s.  Yes they have down years, but it's not like they have to rebuild and start over.  You can say it's the QBs, but the Pats had Bledsoe and made a super bowl, the Steelers had O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart. 

The Jets don't seem to know how to build a consistent winning team.   You pay Revis $16 Million and what do you get?  Great you get the best CB in the NFL on a team who still goes 5-11.

every team has the same cap. So if that was such an issue, no one could pay him. And this year there's actually a floor that the teams have to spend to... Every thread says Revis is too pricey, my question is if you aren't giving the money to Revis, who gets that money? we will find out I'm sure but safe bet that guy won't be as good as Revis.

Bit I don't get it, the Jets can go blow smoke up our asses that Sanchez is worth 20 million a year, but can't pony up 15 mill a year for the only HOF this franchise has DRAFTED since Namath, yes I think Revis if he plays slightly above average the rest of his career is a HOF CB, JMO.

I am a root for the laundry guy, but this one will sting, and if its not a hated team he gets dealt to I might seriously consider changing the team I root for for the 1st time in any sport in 30 years, and it's just not because of the Revis situation it's also because I despise our owner more than any man alive right now, he a buffoon who should be stripped of his right to own an NFL franchise, every thing he does turns to sh*t.

You can say it's the QBs, but the Pats had Bledsoe and made a super bowl, the Steelers had O'Donnell and Kordell Stewart. 

The Jets don't seem to know how to build a consistent winning team.   You pay Revis $16 Million and what do you get?  Great you get the best CB in the NFL on a team who still goes 5-11.

It's all Mark Sanchez' fault. If he was playing at a Bledsoe or Odonnell level the Jets wouldn't be so hopeless that they trade their best player. 

Archived