Per Schefter: Jets cutting Pouha

CrazyCarl40

But is Mornhinweg/Garrard a two-TD addition? Because that's what they'd have to have been to make the 2012 team competitive.

When you consider turnovers, and continued bad field position, yeah I think they could be.  The bad season Sanchez had last year was epic I tell ya.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're going to replace 8-9 starters with no cap space, integrate them into a new system, and compete? C'mon son.

If absolutely everything breaks right for the Jets--Garrard goes 24/10, Bilal Powell is a 1,200 yard back, Holmes and Hill combine for 15 TDs, and the scoring defense is top 10--then you'll be correct. No one is advocating throwing away a year. But, in all likelihood, given the situation we're in, 8-8 is an extremely optimistic bet. Hardly "throwing away" anything.

You talk out both sides of your mouth.

Alright gentlemen, I'm out. Make fun of Gato while I'm gone, and hopefully by 5PM we have a boatload of draft picks and no more Revis threads.

No more Revis threads?

Are you kidding Bit will be making at least 5  suicide threads a day

Alright gentlemen, I'm out. Make fun of Gato while I'm gone, and hopefully by 5PM we have a boatload of draft picks and no more Revis threads.

Unless JN is completely shut down by 5PM, I can confidently say there's no way that's gonna happen.  An actual trade would assure only more of them.  There'd have to be at least one more for bit's grieving alone.

A lot of 34 teams nowadays. He's not that expensive. He'll be swept up quickly IMO.

maybe the pats will sign him for $5M ala Shaun Ellis? I guess it is a possibility but he is 34 and was injured alot the past 2 years, i believe, not just 1 year.  anywho, i hope we resign him, and he stays healthy.

to be fair, under Mangini and Herm- he earned the nickname Whinnie the Pouha for a reason.

Guy ended up having a solid Jets career.

Yeah, definitely didn't have the greatest start to his career.  Although credit where it's due, that 2008 Pouha extension may have very well been the best signing Tanny made in his time as GM.

Unless JN is completely shut down by 5PM, I can confidently say there's no way that's gonna happen.  An actual trade would assure only more of them.  There'd have to be at least one more for bit's grieving alone.

No more Revis threads?  We haven't even seen the last of the Sione Pouha threads.

I would like to curb that mofo, I hate him.

Looks like Santonio got my message loud and clear... 

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Jets WR Santonio Holmes' has agreed to a restructured contract and will remain with the team for the 2013 season.

Archived