Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that kept them behind us last year was Ryan Fitzpatrick... and he was cut today, because Buddy Nix has balls, unlike Woody.

I remember the first game against Buffalo this season. The Sanchize looked elite at times in that game.

What f***in tease that turned out to be. 

I remember the first game against Buffalo this season. The Sanchize looked elite at times in that game.

What f***in tease that turned out to be. 

Yup.

His first game as a pro, against the Texans, the kid looked legit.

Letting Wallace go without getting any compensation will set the Steelers back five years. 

Will this be the Jets next season with Revis?

The Steelers seem to know how to replace players though.  

Holmes was the super bowl MVP,  Steelers almost won another super bowl without him.

Letting Wallace go without getting any compensation will set the Steelers back five years.

The Steelers already replaced him on the roster with Brown. Wallace himself was Holmes' replacement. The Steelers don't paint themselves into a corner for one player.

The Steelers already replaced him on the roster with Brown. Wallace himself was Holmes' replacement. The Steelers don't paint themselves into a corner for one player.

Theres a reason why they let guys like Wallace and Holmes go...while Hines stuck around for so long. Plax too(ironic he's back) 

Can we finally admit that this is a rebuilding job after the the entire interior DL leaves?

For like 5 seasons, the Jets were offseason champs.  2 years in a row, we're going to be boring.  Wonder if it has a positive impact.

Theres a reason why they let guys like Wallace and Holmes go...while Hines stuck around for so long. Plax too(ironic he's back)

Word. They don't let any one player hold the franchise hostage. Hell, if it wasn't for Dan Rooney's intervention, Art Rooney would have cut Ben after his second rape. They just churn players out.

I'd love to have heard that phone call to Matt Slauson.

Rex: "Heyyyyyyy, Matty! Haha, boyitellya, remember when we pulled you into that room right before the season and forced you to take a pay cut? ha ha. And remember how we'd pull you off the field to get Ducasse some snaps even though he was ter'ble? Haha. Memories, boy. Anyway, when can we sign ya up?

Slauson: <click>

TEs are flying off the market like crazy today.  Looks like unless the Jets can bring back Keller, we're looking at Cumberland as the starter and who knows what else.

I think i counted 4 free agent TE's that have already been signed. And Keller is not one of them. That tells you what the league thinks about him.

Agreeing to just a one year deal with some team that utilizes him well is an aggressive way to go.

I'd love to have heard that phone call to Matt Slauson.

Rex: "Heyyyyyyy, Matty! Haha, boyitellya, remember when we pulled you into that room right before the season and forced you to take a pay cut? ha ha. And remember how we'd pull you off the field to get Ducasse some snaps even though he was ter'ble? Haha. Memories, boy. Anyway, when can we sign ya up?

Slauson: <click>

Well there's the whole incentive.  You see, Slauson would no longer be getting pulled off the field for Ducasse, because they would BOTH be Jets starting guards.  Oh what fun times!

I think i counted 4 free agent TE's that have already been signed. And Keller is not one of them. That tells you what the league thinks about him.

Agreeing to just a one year deal with some team that utilizes him well is an aggressive way to go.

Looks like him and Brandon Myers are pretty much the only TEs who have done anything that are left.

Archived