Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

I hate to say this. But even Tanny would have done better than that.

A 1st and a 2nd round pick should be a no brainer. After that everything else is just how good is Idzik at negotiating.

More rumors I've read on twitter say three 2013 draft picks for Revis.   Not sure what rounds though.  Could all just be smoke and mirrors though.

Every rumor comes to the conclusion though that the Bucs nor Eagles are talking to Revis or his agents about what he wants, long term deal, etc.

That would be an odd trade to dump a ton of high picks away for a guy who might not want to sign a long term deal with you.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More rumors I've read on twitter say three 2013 draft picks for Revis.   Not sure what rounds though.  Could all just be smoke and mirrors though.

Every rumor comes to the conclusion though that the Bucs nor Eagles are talking to Revis or his agents about what he wants, long term deal, etc.

That would be an odd trade to dump a ton of high picks away for a guy who might not want to sign a long term deal with you.

No team will trade till they agree to a long term contract. That's a given.

No team will trade till they agree to a long term contract. That's a given.

This is why I don't get the "not allowing anybody to talk to Revis and his 'agents' " theory.   Say the Bucs have the best offer, but Revis doesn't want to play for them or has no desire to sign a long term deal with them or the Bucs just don't offer him what he wants,  shouldn't you really figure that out before trying to talk to a team.   Nothing like picking the Bucs deal, loving it, and then finding out, Revis won't sign long term with them.  No trade.  Start over with other teams who didn't talk to Revis.  

Waiting is the only way to shop at bargain prices, which is the right thing to do under current circumstances. I like it, too.

Yeah, buying from the scrap heap means waiting for it to form. There could/should still be some interesting buys by the time things shake out.

This is why I don't get the "not allowing anybody to talk to Revis and his 'agents' " theory.   Say the Bucs have the best offer, but Revis doesn't want to play for them or has no desire to sign a long term deal with them or the Bucs just don't offer him what he wants,  shouldn't you really figure that out before trying to talk to a team.   Nothing like picking the Bucs deal, loving it, and then finding out, Revis won't sign long term with them.  No trade.  Start over with other teams who didn't talk to Revis.  

any GM dumb enough to try that would get laughed out of the league.  where did you hear that ?

Waiting is the only way to shop at bargain prices, which is the right thing to do under current circumstances.  I like it, too.

yup

bummed about fasano tho, I wanted the jets to at least talk to him

Don't we play the Bucs this year?  I could see that becoming a story line...maybe. 

Hear me out:  

1. We work into the trade compensation an escalator that is triggered if Revis records a certain number of interceptions on the season.  

2. We then have Mark Sanchez throw exclusively at Darrelle Revis. 

There's no need to tank the season, if we can tank one game and feast on #1 picks next year. 

any GM dumb enough to try that would get laughed out of the league.  where did you hear that ?

Every report has the Jets not allowing teams to talk to Revis or his agent.  And Revis is clueless to any deal or contract or trade.

But it seems teams are talking to the Jets and throwing out potential offers.      So nobody is really communicationi with Revis or his Agent, yet trying to make deals and trades.   That's the part that makes no sense.   A one year rental(49ers, Broncos, etc) and not giving up much makes sense, but the Bucs and Eagles trading away a few picks makes no sense.      

The biggest part of this trade is signing Revis long term.   Why even bother talking to any team if you don't know if Revis would sign or the team would offer what he wants.  But that's what seems to be happening.

Every report has the Jets not allowing teams to talk to Revis or his agent.  And Revis is clueless to any deal or contract or trade.

But it seems teams are talking to the Jets and throwing out potential offers.      So nobody is really communicationi with Revis or his Agent, yet trying to make deals and trades.   That's the part that makes no sense.   A one year rental(49ers, Broncos, etc) and not giving up much makes sense, but the Bucs and Eagles trading away a few picks makes no sense.      

The biggest part of this trade is signing Revis long term.   Why even bother talking to any team if you don't know if Revis would sign or the team would offer what he wants.  But that's what seems to be happening.

Yeah that's why there is obviously something else going on here that we're not aware of...

I think i counted 4 free agent TE's that have already been signed. And Keller is not one of them. That tells you what the league thinks about him.

Agreeing to just a one year deal with some team that utilizes him well is an aggressive way to go.

I have been saying he is average.   And that he is not a TE.  Vindicated.

I am sure if a team likes the offer it does not take more than 10 seconds to let the agents talk. if the JETS are not doing just that means they can do better. What i like is the the seeming lack of desperation. That's when you get the best deals.

JETS have some leverage here. Its not like Revis and his agent hold all the cards. Plus Revis has shown he has no loyalty to a team but the best paycheck offer. He and his agents do not want him to play for the 6.5 mill deal he will get this year and he cannot hold out.

This being a new GM withhold any judgement till he show how he does.

I am sure if a team likes the offer it does not take more than 10 seconds to let the agents talk. if the JETS are not doing just that means they can do better. What i like is the the seeming lack of desperation. That's when you get the best deals.

JETS have some leverage here. Its not like Revis and his agent hold all the cards. Plus Revis has shown he has no loyalty to a team but the best paycheck offer. He and his agents do not want him to play for the 6.5 mill deal he will get this year and he cannot hold out.

This being a new GM withhold any judgement till he show how he does.

I'm not judging the new GM at all,  I won't sell the guy down the river if they get some good picks and it's not a #1.   I'm just confused on these conversations all the way around.  That or nobody really likes to deal with Revis or his agent.  He's a great player and people want him, but maybe his  and his teams reputation proceeds himself.  I mean remember TO and his agents crap all those years. Revis is no locker room virus, but his demands and potential hold outs and his management/agents demands seem to be more important over anything else.   

Somebody mentioned Sanders.   Sanders wanted to be paid top dollar, but he spurned the Raiders and more money for the Cowboys and a chance to win another super bowl. He picked the 49ers for the same reason.   Revis and team seem to not care whether or not they wind up on the 49ers or Browns as long as they get paid top dollar.   We could be all wrong, but it seems more true than not true.    And like anything people talk.

Welker to the Rams.    Doesn't make sense but keeping with the WR going to the NFC West.  

If Gonzalez did retire,  Welker to Atlanta makes sense, but not now.

I think he takes a step back though without Brady throwing the ball to him.  Broncos would be an interesting fit though.

I don't see them getting a 1 and a 2 ---in the same year.  A 1 and something else, perhaps.

I would be just as happy with a 2013 1st and a 2014 2nd.

For that matter, I would be just as happy with a 2013 2nd and a 2014 1st, even.

With no standout QB's in this draft, couldn't hurt to get a 1st day pick for 2014 which can then be paired with another one of our picks (if need be) to trade up for our franchise QB.

I would be just as happy with a 2013 1st and a 2014 2nd.

For that matter, I would be just as happy with a 2013 2nd and a 2014 1st, even.

With no standout QB's in this draft, couldn't hurt to get a 1st day pick for 2014 which can then be paired with another one of our picks (if need be) to trade up for our franchise QB.

There don't seem to be any Andrew Lucks in next years draft either.  So it comes down to luck and scouting.  Find a Kapernick or a Wilson in the 2nd round or even late first round.     Hoping you stink enough to get the 2nd pick in a draft where there are no Andrew Lucks isn't really a plan. That's just hoping to hope.

Some FAs I like for the price:

Returning any of the recently free three out there for the right price

Alan Branch

DHB

Karlos Dansby

Charles Woodson

Ed Reed

Early Doucet

Bobbie Williams

Kevin Ogletree/Mohamed Massaquoi

Ben Watson

Delanie Walker