Free Agency News & Rumors

Bleedin Green

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how many millions playing with Sanchez has cost Keller today alone.

I can only imagine, but the fact that Keller seems more interested in a one-year deal with another team than he was in re-signing with the Jets certainly says something about his opinions on the matter.

Raiders just cut Darrius Heyward Bey and Michael Huff.

Do we still have SanJay on the coaching staff?  He was a huge fan of DHB; he has WORLD class speed, and terrible hands...but that hasn't stopped us before. 

I thought Michael Huff (Texas) would have worked out better in the NFL, maybe a lil dose of Rex's defense can bring him up to speed.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but "details just need to be ironed out."

Related: Buccaneers

Curious that the news breaks out of Philly.  This means that the Eagles were out-bid by the Bucs which is why they know about the pending trade, this means we got the better of those two worlds...literally. 

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports Darrelle Revis will be traded to the Bucs, but "details just need to be ironed out."

Related: Buccaneers

Curious that the news breaks out of Philly.  This means that the Eagles were out-bid by the Bucs which is why they know about the pending trade, this means we got the better of those two worlds...literally. 

Must be picks then. What else can the Bucs give us that Philly couldn't? We could have gotten Foles + picks from Philly probably.

DHB does not seem like a fit for what this offense is trying to do.

You mean get WRs that "catch" passes?  

His small hands have been a boon, but if he can somehow master the 3-yard slant, his YAC is probably ridiiiculous. 

Can you just post what they are saying. I am getting blocked.

First paragraph states,  

"Pro Football Talk reported today that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have emerged as a team who is interested in trading for ostracized cornerback Darrelle Revis, in a deal that would likely feature a future first round pick, or a second round pick this season as compensation for the star cornerback. This news is encouraging, as Buccaneer fans have been speculating just what it would take to snag Revis from the Jets."

"And thankfully it’s much less than the ridiculous package of picks that ESPN’s Skip Bayless suggested the 49ers should offer the Jets on Twitter. I provided a link so I could be a journalist and give credit, but the idea of giving up 4 picks in the first three rounds for Revis is absurd.

Back to reality, as we consider the rest of the Pro Football Talk report. Mike Florio opined that the Jets would have to execute a trade soon, as the Buccaneers would likely lose interest in Revis should a cornerback sign with the Bucs as free agency kicks off. This means the Jets should feel the pressure of Tampa Bay’s alleged interest in corners like Sean Smith andDerek Cox, and lower their demands as time wears on. But the key issue may not be the cost of a trade, but the cost to sign Revis, and the ability to sit down with the corner himself and talk shop.

It is likely that the Jets are limiting the ability of teams to work with Revis’ representation, leaving gaps in the information teams know about the current status of Revis, and what he’s looking for in a deal. As Jason Cole of Yahoo! reported, the Jets GM isn’t opening up any lines of communication, and is hamstringing his own attempts to get rid of Revis and bring in value. The longer he waits, the tougher it will be to get rid of the defender, and the more likely it is that the Jets will have to endure another year of a player who can’t make up his mind, and endure the wrath of agents who will want nothing to do with the franchise.

But if the Jets do open lines of communication, and allow Revis and his agents to talk with other teams, we could see a deal happen very quickly. If the Buccaneers are indeed interested, I could easily see them offering a second round pick, or possibly even a third combined with a second next year, and finding the Jets eager to accept.

I am not the biggest fan of Darrelle Revis, considering he is coming off a major knee injury. But if he’s able to pass a physical, and the Buccaneers do their homework, it would be a massive upgrade at the position. And with the likely decrease in his trade value, the stakes are becoming lower and lower. The deal for Revis is running out of time, as free agent cornerbacks are visiting teams and signing deals this week, so don’t be surprised if a trade goes down at a moment’s notice. We’ll keep you up to date should any deals be struck. One thing is certain… the Revis Island has to be dealt in the Revis Window, and that means Buccaneer fans have to keep an eye out for a trade at any time."

Archived