Jets, Raiders among teams showing interest in Geno Smith

Integrity28

Consider the source, but the mere fact that it's basically the Raiders and the Raiders East (Jets) this news drips with pending doom...  and that's not a reflection of Geno, it's a reflection of our decision making history mirroring that of the Raiduhs.

Jets, Raiders among teams showing interest in Geno Smith
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2013, 7:05 AM EDT
350x-318.jpg?w=250AP

Geno Smith threw well at West Virginia’s Pro Day, and talk is increasing that he’s going to be not just the first quarterback taken but one of the first players off the board at any position. And we can add the Jets and the Raiders to the list of the teams believed to be interested.

The Newark Star-Ledger says the Jets have interest in Smith, while the Contra Costa Times suggests the Raiders are interested in drafting Smith.

Previous reports have suggested that the Jaguars are interested, and the Eagles sent a contingent to West Virginia to get a private workout with Smith.

The Jaguars have the second overall pick, the Raiders have the third, the Eagles have the fourth and the Jets have the ninth. From all indications, Smith won’t be getting out of the Top 10.

And if there’s some other team out there that really loves Smith, that team may need to start thinking about placing a call to the Chiefs.

Also, the worst case scenario as it relates to the quarterbacks is that the Jets end up with the third or fourth overall pick in 2014, they cut Sanchez and let Garrard walk, and they immediately become the team that has to decide on Johnny Football.

At this point I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another.  The Jets are in desperate need of a QB, so if nothing else they need to be doing their due diligence.  Can't blame them for that one bit, regardless of what you may think of the players.  What they may ultimately decide that they want to do is a different story, but at this point they need to cover all their bases.

At this point I wouldn't read too much into it one way or another.  The Jets are in desperate need of a QB, so if nothing else they need to be doing their due diligence.  Can't blame them for that one bit, regardless of what you may think of the players.  What they may ultimately decide that they want to do is a different story, but at this point they need to cover all their bases.

Yeah, just wanted to take a dig at us being Raiders East and talk about somethign other than Revis or how Ixdikz hasn't found us a HOF QB yet.

Also, the worst case scenario as it relates to the quarterbacks is that the Jets end up with the third or fourth overall pick in 2014, they cut Sanchez and let Garrard walk, and they immediately become the team that has to decide on Johnny Football.

My only hope in that situation is that he gets to the combine and measures in at under 6', thereby ending any thoughts of drafting him in that spot.

Our roster does not have a first or second string QB.  We have a third, a retired guy and a turd.  We should show interest in any player in the draft that could throw a football straight.  Maybe not draft them but at least look them over.

Even if there not interested, they should be acting like they are in the case that he does fall to #9....he could be trade bait if a teams think the Jets are seriously interested. 

Even if there not interested, they should be acting like they are in the case that he does fall to #9....he could be trade bait if a teams think the Jets are seriously interested. 

This makes NO sense whatsoever. You talk out of your bum so much, it's a wonder how you manage to have it packed full every night.

I proved you wrong.

Nobody could ever accomplish the bold though... fagola.

Not to defend the Surf-fruit, but the Jets need to make it appear that Smith is somebody they have some interest in drafting in order to spur a deal. Otherwise, teams who want Smith can just trade in behind the Jets.

Not to defend the Surf-fruit, but the Jets need to make it appear that Smith is somebody they have some interest in drafting in order to spur a deal. Otherwise, teams who want Smith can just trade in behind the Jets.

lol

I wouldn't mind the pick, I'd rather fail taking a shot at a QB every year then continue to fail because every season even mediocrity would be a welcomed change at the position. I hated Sanchez coming out and stated it from day one but at least they tried. They really did butt **** any chance he could have had to develop and then compounded the problem by tossing a bunch more money at him for failure. If they take any QB this year and make him the day one starter then I give up but the fact that Idzik hasn't embarrassed us yet and it's been a month has me ecstatic right now.

It's okay, I was trolling him.

No it doesn't. 

Sending the message that you like Geno does nothing but prompt teams to trade ahead of you for him, NOT with you for him.

If the Jets don't want Smith, and someone comes in ahead of them and takes Smith, that means that one more prospect they may really be interested in falls one more spot. That's a good thing.

1 - Trade Revis plus Ducasse for Tampa's #1

2 - Draft Warmack & Cooper in rd 1

3 - Draft WR in rd 2 (maybe the austin kid from WVU)

4 - draft development QB (Bray, renfree, manuel)  later in draft.  

5 - need to find at least 1 safety somewhere

Not bad,,but we DONT need to find a safety ;)  (Improve 2014 draft position, aka Clowney or QB)

If the Jets don't want Smith, and someone comes in ahead of them and takes Smith, that means that one more prospect they may really be interested in falls one more spot. That's a good thing.

I know slats, I was busting JIF's chops. :)

1 - Trade Revis plus Ducasse for Tampa's #1

2 - Draft Warmack & Cooper in rd 1

3 - Draft WR in rd 2 (maybe the austin kid from WVU)

4 - draft development QB (Bray, renfree, manuel)  later in draft.  

5 - need to find at least 1 safety somewhere

I like it.  Sign Pollard and done.

Archived