The Evolution of our 2013 Roster

Integrity28

Updated the original post to reflect Revis trade:

Absolute needs are: QB, WR, OG, TE, DT, OLB, CB, S 

Nice to haves are: RB, OT, ILB

Looks to me like we can undoubtedly draft best available player, lol.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you plan on keeping this updated that would be great.  It is a really nice and easy to read update on the team.  Thanks.

And I like the colors.

I concur ... I have been so out of the loop with Jets News the last couple of months.

This would be the easiest way to catch up when I miss roster shifts . 

I concur ... I have been so out of the loop with Jets News the last couple of months.

This would be the easiest way to catch up when I miss roster shifts . 

Well then, you'll be happy to know I just updated it ;)

Not my preferred selections, but we've gone BPA and addressed two "need" positions.

We addressed 4 major needs, with starting caliber draft picks. We added a RB, and Winters actually presents versatility on the OL where we get both OG/OT out of him, I hope.

In a 4-3 or should I say nickle package the defense would look like this:

DT WIlkerson, Richardson

DE Coples, Pace/Barnes *standup DEs

LB Harris (Mike) Davis (Will)

CB Cromartie, Wilson, Milliner

S   Landry (SS), Jarret (FS)

I think you said before that you liked Jaiquan Jarrett, but I think it is a stretch to have him on top of the depth chart right now. I think Bush is probably ahead and I fully expect some action in signings at safety.

I see Vlad and Winters starting at RG and LG respectively. Vlad to me has more ability then any other guard in the roster and they wikl give him every chance to start, as they should.

There is not a single chance in hell Vlad makes it out of training camp. The jets took like 37 guards and signed Colon. Vlad is all but done here.

I think you said before that you liked Jaiquan Jarrett, but I think it is a stretch to have him on top of the depth chart right now. I think Bush is probably ahead and I fully expect some action in signings at safety.

Agreed.

Didn't Rex play both Yeremiah and Laron at the same time last year? Both strong safeties? I could see a scenario where he's got Dawan and Bush on the field at the same time. I dunno... Rex doesn't really do anything traditional, outside of letting corners be corners. I'm not too concerned, he's had this defense perform great against the pass for a couple years now and never really needed "name" players to do it at safety.

Not sure why it's a stretch as he's by far the better prospects. Bush still has some ways to go as a 6th rounder who has only played safety for the past two year after converting from CB because of his burst.  Also Bush is a FS not at all a SS. Not very physical or instinctive player but I think he should progress as he learns the S position. 

Jarret on the other hand is a 3rd round talent. Granted the Eagles like him enough to reach for him in the 2nd but they felt that's where he was valued and threw him out there way to early especially without a training camp due to the lockout. Mike Zordich system on the other hand stinks, please name me one player that played decent for him? If they new regime were in the front office there's now way they would have released him. Yes Jarret isn't fast but probably just as fast at Bush and he's instinctive and tough.

Not sure why it's a stretch as he's by far the better prospects. Bush still has some ways to go as a 6th rounder who has only played safety for the past two year after converting from CB because of his burst.  Also Bush is a FS not at all a SS. Not very physical or instinctive player but I think he should progress as he learns the S position. 

Jarret on the other hand is a 3rd round talent. Granted the Eagles like him enough to reach for him in the 2nd but they felt that's where he was valued and threw him out there way to early especially without a training camp due to the lockout. Mike Zordich system on the other hand stinks, please name me one player that played decent for him? If they new regime were in the front office there's now way they would have released him. Yes Jarret isn't fast but probably just as fast at Bush and he's instinctive and tough.

It's your opinion and you have as much chance of being right as anybody, but Bush played last year. The Jets had Jarrett in as soon as he was cut and elected not to sign him.  The guy spend all year out of football.  If they liked him more than Bush and Allen, they would have signed him then.  They kept Antonio Allen around off and on and didn't have any problem signing and cutting DBs.  The Eagles secondary sucked, but Jarrett was pretty damn bad there.  Everything I have read has Landry at SS, so they would be more likely to pair him with a FS anyway.  Where the guy was drafted is irrelevant, especially when you consider he has been a complete flop since.  As I said, I think it's irrelevant because I'm betting they sign an actual player. Also, he is considerably slower - like 1-2 full tenths. 

It's your opinion and you have as much chance of being right as anybody, but Bush played last year. The Jets had Jarrett in as soon as he was cut and elected not to sign him. The guy spend all year out of football.  If they liked him more than Bush and Allen, they would have signed him then.

He was cut after week 2. So he didn't spend all of last year out of football. His agent decision to not sign him with a team was for many factors including healing his operated wrist, but most of all doubling up as the Eagles have to pay him his remaining salary for the next two seasons (2013, 2014). If sign with a team that would have been canceled but since not the case he going to make over $700 k this season and 800 k next season from the Eagles along with what ever the Jets are going to pay him. When release he had over 20 teams contact him but wanted to be closer to home (Bedstey, Brooklyn).

The Eagles secondary sucked, but Jarrett was pretty damn bad there.

His rookie season right? I know he didn't really screw up but neither did he make any plays. He was sort of just out there but the Eages were for sure desperate for an immediate starter. Also threw him out there without a legit training camp with the lockout.

he has been a complete flop since.

I just think he wasn't NFL ready. That like us cutting Hill week 2 of next season if we don't like what we see. That kind of shows lots of impatience if you ask me. As for seed it's just about the same wit Jarret being a better football player.

There is not a single chance in hell Vlad makes it out of training camp. The jets took like 37 guards and signed Colon. Vlad is all but done here.

It's not like they brought in Carl Nicks or Will Shields. They didnt even bring back Brandon Moore. Vlad has more ability then any guards in the team. He and Winters IMHO will be the starters.

It's not like they brought in Carl Nicks or Will Shields. They didnt even bring back Brandon Moore. Vlad has more ability then any guards in the team. He and Winters IMHO will be the starters.

Haha. Vlad is awful. He's the worst. Colon is better and Peterman is too.

We are going to have to disagree on this one Carl, I think Vlad will be a good guard. We will find out in a few months.

I hope he proves me wrong but if the front office had ANY faith he could turn it around they wouldn't have signed two FA guards and drafted three more.

I hope he proves me wrong but if the front office had ANY faith he could turn it around they wouldn't have signed two FA guards and drafted three more.

Not to keep beating a dead horse here, but I see Colon as the perfect backup, can play tackle or guard. Peterman is just a jag brought in for depth. Oboushi is a RT, and Campbell is a project who should be on the practice squad. Schlauderauff is a nice backup because he can play center also, our new Rob Turner for a few seasons. Winters is a future starter and his future is now. That leaves Vlad as the starter in my eyes. 

Not to keep beating a dead horse here, but I see Colon as the perfect backup, can play tackle or guard. Peterman is just a jag brought in for depth. Oboushi is a RT, and Campbell is a project who should be on the practice squad. Schlauderauff is a nice backup because he can play center also, our new Rob Turner for a few seasons. Winters is a future starter and his future is now. That leaves Vlad as the starter in my eyes. 

I think they'd like Vlad to win the job and will give him the opportunity to do so, but I also think they have a serious lack of faith in him, which is why they were sure to bring in plenty of competition and have numerous backup plans.  Vlad will get his shot throughout camp, but don't be shocked if he ends up riding the bench or even getting sent packing in the final cut downs.  He wasn't able to beat out a 6th round pick for the last 3 years, so I wouldn't bet on his ability to beat out all of the guys he currently has up against him at his position, most of whom were hand-picked by the new GM, which he was not.

Here's our Depth Chart post 2013 draft-they have us with 6 new starters, which is 27%

LWR 84 Hill, Stephen 12/2 11 Kerley, Jeremy 11/5 89 White, Jordan 12/7 17 Arceneaux, Emmanuel SF13 4 Collins, Joe CF12           00 Spadola, Ryan CF13 00 Wilson, Antavious CF13 81 Mayo, Thomas SF13 RWR 10 Holmes, Santonio T/Pit 19 Gates, Clyde W/Mia 18 Pollard, Royce CF12 88 Ryan, Titus SF12 16 Hazelton, Vidal SF13               00 Rogers, Zach CF13 00 Stroud, KJ CF13 LT 60 Ferguson, D'Brickashaw 06/1 00 Aboushi, Oday 13/5 00 Gillen, Trey CF13         LG 66 COLON, WILLIE CC/Pit 00 Winters, Brian 13/3 76 Landolt, Dennis SF11         C 74 Mangold, Nick 06/1 72 Schlauderaff, Caleb T/GB 00 Freeman, Dalton CF13         RG 64 PETERMAN, STEPHEN CC/Det 62 Ducasse, Vladimir 10/2 00 Campbell, William 13/6         RT 77 Howard, Austin P/Bal 00 Popek, Mark CF13             TE 86 Cumberland, Jeff CF10 87 Reuland, Konrad W/SF 82 Smith, Hayden CF12 00 Pantale, Chris CF13 00 Shanahan, Mike CF13 QB 6 Sanchez, Mark 09/1 9 GARRARD, DAVID SF13 00 Smith, Geno 13/2 14 McElroy, Greg 11/7 5 Simms, Matt CF12 FB 36 Hilliard, Lex SF12 00 Bohanon, Tommy 13/7             RB 33 Ivory, Chris T/NO 23 Goodson, Mike U/Oak 29 Powell, Bilal 11/4 25 McKnight, Joe 10/4 24 Griffin, John SF12 Defense LDE 96 Wilkerson, Muhammad 11/1 92 Finau, Tevita SF12 00 Nealey, Spencer CF13         NT 93 Ellis, Kenrick 11/3 71 GARAY, ANTONIO SF09 94 Harrison, Damon CF12 99 Aumavae, Junior SF13     RDT 00 Richardson, Sheldon 13/1 00 Holliday, Roosevelt CF13 00 McDonough, Jake CF13         LOLB 98 Coples, Quinton 12/1 97 PACE, CALVIN U/Arz 50 McIntyre, Garrett SF11         LILB 56 Davis, Demario 12/3 53 Mauga, Josh CF09 47 Lansanah, Danny SF13 00 Davis, Troy CF13     RILB 52 Harris, David 07/2 54 Bellore, Nick CF11 49 Dickson, JoJo SF12         ROLB 95 Barnes, Antwan U/SD 55 Sapp, Ricky SF11 51 Smith, Jacquies SF12         LCB 31 Cromartie, Antonio T/SD 26 Lankster, Ellis SF11 22 Berry, Aaron SF12 34 Fletcher, Donnie CF12 38 Adams, Royce CF12 SS 00 LANDRY, DAWAN CC/Jax 37 Jarrett, Jaiquawn SF13 41 Crocker, Eric CF13         FS 32 Bush, Josh 12/6 39 Allen, Antonio 12/7 42 Lockett, Bret SF13 00 Miles, Rontez CF13     RCB 20 Wilson, Kyle 10/1 00 Milliner, Dee 13/1 35 TRUFANT, ISAIAH SF11 27 Walls, Darrin SF12 00 Edwards, Mike CF13 Special Teams P 3 Malone, Robert SF12 7 Quigley, Ryan SF13             PK 2 Folk, Nick SF10 8 Dimke, Derek SF13             LS 46 Purdum, Tanner SF10 44 Tripucka, Travis SF13             PR 11 Kerley, Jeremy 11/5                 KR 25 McKnight, Joe 10/4  

I think they'd like Vlad to win the job and will give him the opportunity to do so, but I also think they have a serious lack of faith in him, which is why they were sure to bring in plenty of competition and have numerous backup plans.  Vlad will get his shot throughout camp, but don't be shocked if he ends up riding the bench or even getting sent packing in the final cut downs.  He wasn't able to beat out a 6th round pick for the last 3 years, so I wouldn't bet on his ability to beat out all of the guys he currently has up against him at his position, most of whom were hand-picked by the new GM, which he was not.

The three players that cried when Tanny was fired:

1.  Tebow

2.  VLad

3.  Caleb

All three lost their front office life line.

• 3 weeks later...

Did the Jets even try to re-sign Braylon Edwards? One would think that would be a no-brainer, but then again, we're dealing with the Jets here...

Braylon wasn't particularly popular in Seattle, so I'm sure that's not helping his cause in coming back to the Jets with Idzik now running the show.  Besides, with the entire offensive coaching staff gone, who are his links to this current Jets team?  Sanchez?  Holmes?  Rex is pretty much the only guy Idzik might give a crap about that could care about bringing Edwards back.  I wouldn't be surprised, if it turns out that Holmes health is an ongoing issue and/or they aren't happy with what they get out of some of these young guys, if they look at bringing Edwards in later on, but I don't think they'll be in any rush to do that if they don't have to.

• 5 weeks later...

Did the Jets even try to re-sign Braylon Edwards? One would think that would be a no-brainer, but then again, we're dealing with the Jets here...

Such a no-brainer that 31 other teams seem to also have missed it. Seriously, how many nfl teams couldn't use the caliber of player that JN thinks Braylon Edwards is?

Such a no-brainer that 31 other teams seem to also have missed it. Seriously, how many nfl teams couldn't use the caliber of player that JN thinks Braylon Edwards is?

Completely agree. 

Yet we'll still be the team that signs him in a panic halfway through the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived