The Evolution of our 2013 Roster

Integrity28

Such a no-brainer that 31 other teams seem to also have missed it. Seriously, how many nfl teams couldn't use the caliber of player that JN thinks Braylon Edwards is?

What 31 other teams see is that Braylon has flopped on his last two teams.  Not surprisingly, there is no interest.

What Jet fans see is Braylon playing very well while here, going to other teams where it didn't happen for him, then returning for the last four games last year to look respectable in a passing game that was falling apart.

That's why we see him differently from others.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a guess here, I think maybe the reason they didn't sign Braylon yet is because it might be interpreted as a sign the Jets are leaning toward Sanchez.  If Sanchez does beat out Geno, I think there's a good chance they sign Braylon soon.

I think they'd like Vlad to win the job and will give him the opportunity to do so, but I also think they have a serious lack of faith in him, which is why they were sure to bring in plenty of competition and have numerous backup plans.  Vlad will get his shot throughout camp, but don't be shocked if he ends up riding the bench or even getting sent packing in the final cut downs.  He wasn't able to beat out a 6th round pick for the last 3 years, so I wouldn't bet on his ability to beat out all of the guys he currently has up against him at his position, most of whom were hand-picked by the new GM, which he was not.

I agree.  I think this is his last shot with the Jets.

Archived