who would you take at 9?

bitonti

Pick 1 draft pick   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Imagine these top prospects are available at 9 for the Jets, YOU make the call

• DT Shariff Floyd, Florida
    • DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
    • WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
    • OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
    • OG Jon Cooper, North Carolina
    • WR Keenan Allen, Cal
    • CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
    • TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
    • WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia
    • DE Bjoern Werner, FSU

just for fun, this assumes that the draft goes 

1 KC OT Joeckel

2 JAC OT Fisher

3 OAK CB Milliner

4 PHI DE Jordan

5 DET OLB Jones

6 CLE DE Mingo

7 AZ DE Ansah

8 BUF QB Smith

9 NYJ  - ??? 

if your choice isn't in the poll, use the thread for write ins (or to tell me i suck)

We don't need a DT. OG isn't sexy enough. WR is a need, but we have some players there.  TE is a huge need and Eifert fills it and can catch and block really well.  Obviously, trading down in this scenario would be for the best, but not many players to trade up for at that point, I bet.

Star.  No question based on talent and fit.  The whole size thingy, you  just cant overlook that and while I like Ellis, I'm not sure he's someone that easily makes you overlook Star's talent.  I'm not good with drafting an interior lineman that early on a team with this many holes.  With similar logic, a TE that high is just outright foolish, even though it is a position of need.  And I think both those WR's are a reach. 

Is Star's heart condition serious?  Thats only thing that would make me reconsider. 

I love Shariff.  A joy to watch play but taking the emotion out, he's going to be a bad mofo but on a 4-3 team playing DT.  So if Star's heart condition is for realz, I'd probably go Werner next and convert him to OLB.  ////pukes

All things equal - Star.

Greg Cossel just said Tavon Austin should go top 10.

so did walter football. Chris Steuber actually had it first, Mar 15 mock. It makes sense because of the Jets dire WR need. Austin aint tall but can ball. He's not a risky pick like Cordarrelle Patterson. 

star if he checks out. The guy is suppousedly one of the best defensive players in this draft if not best

this is just the miracle we need for him to drop to us. and we will have a solid player for a while

... or until his heart blows up

Star.  No question based on talent and fit.  The whole size thingy, you  just cant overlook that and while I like Ellis, I'm not sure he's someone that easily makes you overlook Star's talent.  I'm not good with drafting an interior lineman that early on a team with this many holes.  With similar logic, a TE that high is just outright foolish, even though it is a position of need.  And I think both those WR's are a reach. 

Is Star's heart condition serious?  Thats only thing that would make me reconsider. 

I love Shariff.  A joy to watch play but taking the emotion out, he's going to be a bad mofo but on a 4-3 team playing DT.  So if Star's heart condition is for realz, I'd probably go Werner next and convert him to OLB.  ////pukes

All things equal - Star.

If Star's heart condition isn't serious, he's probably getting picked before 9. But I would take Tavon Austin, we could probably get him at 9 and we need to start building up the offense for our new quarterback.

some really interesting quotes from Rob Rang about medical issues of Jarvis Jones and Star... 

NFLDraftScout.com has confirmed through a source close to Lotulelei that he will participate in Utah's Pro Day workout on Wednesday. The fact that he will run drills on campus, however, does not necessarily mean NFL team doctors are willing to sign off on him playing football.

In fact, NFLDraftScout.com has learned that multiple NFL teams view the two-time first-team All-Pac-12 defensive tackle as an "undraftable" prospect.

"It's a damn shame, because [Lotulelei] is a talented player at a valuable position," one high-ranking NFL source from an AFC team said.

"But a heart injury like this is nothing to be taken lightly. Our doctors are very concerned about it. Certainly, if our doctors tell us something different based on what they learn at the re-check, we'll adjust. But for now, he's off our board. Completely."

The source, whose team is thought to be considering selecting a defensive lineman with its first-round pick, is hardly the only one concerned with Lotulelei's condition.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21917877/nfl-draft-medical-mysteries-could-shape-draft

some really interesting quotes from Rob Rang about medical issues of Jarvis Jones and Star... 

So Jones is going top 5 and Star is going to fall?  Interesting.

IMO the 2 best defensive prospects in the draft have "conditions" - should make for an interesting draft.

It's more difficult than ever due to the bullsh*t new rules IMO. The sport is becoming so pussy I'm really inclined to grab Austin lately. Old school, normal NFL football I grew up with, Warmack or Star. With where this sport is going Austin or Patterson.

Right?  Does Lacy now drop to the 2nd round?  

Im actually going the other way. Idzik has been pragmatic, conservative and level headed all offseason. Chance or Cooper would be a pragmatic pick. It isn't flashy but it's a building block. Back in Jan I said no way the Jets take a guard top 10. Now, seeing his free agency moves, it's getting more and more likely they take best available player, and if that's a guard, then so be it. 

Jones ran like **** today - 4.92 and wasn't impressive on the bench or broad jump either.  With his medical history, you can probably add him to the poll.

If his hamstring really was a problem, he should've sat.  No sense in participating if there's a potential to lower your draft stock with an average performance.

Jones ran like **** today - 4.92 and wasn't impressive on the bench or broad jump either.  With his medical history, you can probably add him to the poll.

If his hamstring really was a problem, he should've sat.  No sense in participating if there's a potential to lower your draft stock with an average performance.

So... who we like more in the 2nd, Demontre Moore or Jarvis Jones?

So... who we like more in the 2nd, Demontre Moore or Jarvis Jones?

Heh.  Unless a team loves his tape, I think Jones has a good chance of falling out of the top-10 based on today, given the whole spine/neck deal with him.  

At least he bested Moore's pathetic bench total, but he did get bested by a corner from his own team today.

Im actually going the other way. Idzik has been pragmatic, conservative and level headed all offseason. Chance or Cooper would be a pragmatic pick. It isn't flashy but it's a building block. Back in Jan I said no way the Jets take a guard top 10. Now, seeing his free agency moves, it's getting more and more likely they take best available player, and if that's a guard, then so be it. 

agreed.  Guard

Archived