Report: Revis *would* get $12-$13 mil per from Bucs--financials sorted already

T0mShane

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what picks get for Revis, they will never equate to a Revis.  Resign him and move on. 

If only it were so easy. Re-sign him at what figures? Under what threats in the future? What is the guaranteed component?

These are all points that Revis' agents have not conceded to the market. And the market is changing. Bad deals in this new world are not as easy to erase.

Yes it is.  It is much better.

Tampa Bay's 2013 2nd is pick is the 11th pick of round 2, or #43 and we get it right away.  The 2015 "3rd" is a 3rd in name alone.  The entire 3rd round goes by and then the league gives us a pick.  Absent the league awarding a compensatory pick after the 3rd round is completed, that pick is the #1 pick of round 4.

You're saying there is only a "marginal" difference between the #43 pick right now and the #97 pick 2 years from now? Give me a break.  And when was it proposed by Tampa that the Jets take the #43 pick this year and nothing more?

Thank you.

Right now, Tampa's top offer is rumored to be their #1 & 2 next year. If the Jets can get the #2 this year and the #1 next year, I think that's a offer they should take. That's a very good deal for a very expensive player coming off an ACL.

You're saying there is only a "marginal" difference between the #43 pick right now and the #97 pick 2 years from now? Give me a break.   

Kellen Clemens or BJ Askew. Chances are both picks stink.

At least with a 1st round pick there's a realistic shot at getting someone good. It's 1st or Bust.

A first this year is better than a first next year. Because Revis is gonna make that team better and that next year's first is gonna be later than 13. 

(And if he walks to the AFC who cares, right? because you guys have educated us that Revis isn't ever gonna win a super bowl. Which is why we can trade him. )

If only it were so easy. Re-sign him at what figures? Under what threats in the future? What is the guaranteed component?

These are all points that Revis' agents have not conceded to the market. And the market is changing. Bad deals in this new world are not as easy to erase.

Not my problem, let Idzik figure that out 

At least with a 1st round pick there's a realistic shot at getting someone good. It's 1st or Bust.

A first this year is better than a first next year. Because Revis is gonna make that team better and that next year's first is gonna be later than 13. 

(And if he walks to the AFC who cares, right? because you guys have educated us that Revis isn't ever gonna win a super bowl. Which is why we can trade him. )

BOOM! 

Not sure why we need draft experts-Every pick has the reasonable expectation to suck.

Based on that, I don't even know how good teams are even built. I guess they must flip a coin.

Who knew that draft picks were so worthless. Makes me think people analyzing these things are kind of dopey.

Not sure why we need draft experts-Every pick has the reasonable expectation to suck.

Based on that, I don't even know how good teams are even built. I guess they must flip a coin.

Who knew that draft picks were so worthless. Makes me think people analyzing these things are kind of dopey.

Not every pick has the same reasonable expectation to suck. 

There's Casserly's 10 year study 

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/05/14/charley-casserly-and-mr-spock-separated-at-birth/

Round 1 you have a 75% chance of "success". Round 2 it's 50% and round 3 it's 30%. Round 4 and 5 are basically like round 3 (25% and 20% respectively)

Saying 30-50% is worse than 75% that seems reasonable. 

Also, most of the players in Canton came from round 1. 

http://www.aolnews.com/2007/05/14/charley-casserly-and-mr-spock-separated-at-birth/

Round 1 you have a 75% chance of "success". Round 2 it's 50% and round 3 it's 30%. Round 4 and 5 are basically like round 3 (25% and 20% respectively)

Does every person making the pick have the same chance of success? Are some better than others?

Let's sign the best 10 Free agents every season then. Sounds like a great plan.

Let Idzik figure out how to do it.

Yea ok... bc figuring out ONE cornerbacks contract so that he can remain a Jet is similar to trying to figure out how to sign the 10 best free agents every year.  Wow Scott you got great and realistic comebacks.  

So the odds of a 2nd rounder having success are about twice as good as the last pick in the third round having success?

Sounds like a pretty big difference.

Does every person making the pick have the same chance of success? Are some better than others?

It's a good question and we don't really know the answer. The study assumes it's all pretty much the same and I think that's fair. 

btw we don't really know that Idzik will use his picks better than tanny did. After all Tanny did find Revis. How many HOF has Idzik found?  

Saying Idzik will be a better drafter than tanny is like saying Sparano is a better OC than Schotty. Because of different. It's hope. 

Even if Idzik is a better drafter... there's a certain amount of risk in all these picks. I'd rather they had a less risky pick than a more risky pick. IF they are trading the best Jet since Joe Willy i don't think that's too much to ask. 

So the odds of a 2nd rounder having success are about twice as good as the last pick in the third round having success?

Sounds like a pretty big difference.

that's true but it's still a coinflip at best. It's not until we get to round 1 where the team is actually favored to get a successful player.

another way of saying this is that a 2nd round pick is twice the chance of being good as a 3rd round pick and a 1st round pick is three times as likely to be good than a 3rd round pick. 

Archived