Woody isn't on the billionaire owner list

bitonti

I agree I like Citi Field too...but the Wilpons werent exactly in a position to build a new Stadium.

I'd rather have a competitive team than a shiny overpriced stadium.

New stadiums = reason #188483285838385 why I find it repulsive that fans always side with the owners on player salaries.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh i hated the new and old yankees stadium. As much as i hate the phillies i love there stadium so i try and catch games there

Yeah, I would say both Pennsylvania teams have high quality new stadiums. I haven't even been to Pittsburgh's yet but all you hear is good things.

I agree I like Citi Field too...but the Wilpons werent exactly in a position to build a new Stadium.

I'd rather have a competitive team than a shiny overpriced stadium.

I just bought box seats at Citi for Friday the 5th. 15 bucks each. These owners can take it in the ass, even though it's really the season ticket buyer who gets fleeced in the end.

I just bought box seats at Citi for Friday the 5th. 15 bucks each. These owners can take it in the ass, even though it's really the season ticket buyer who gets fleeced in the end.

There is absolutely zero reason to pay for season tix anymore, unless you have money to burn and dont give a sh*t you're losing money on it. The Yankees apparent fight against capitalism and stubhub is beyong absurd.

The only team where they seem to have any value is the Knicks and maybe the Giants.

it just seems coincidental is this low on the list while we are debating how many draft picks is fair for the best NY Jet on the team. that's all im sayin.

That money is, and will be, spent anyway, bit. If Woody was hurting for cash, he'd be raising ticket prices on the suckers who locked into PSLs.

There is absolutely zero reason to pay for season tix anymore, unless you have money to burn and dont give a sh*t you're losing money on it. The Yankees apparent fight against capitalism and stubhub is beyong absurd.

The only team where they seem to have any value is the Knicks and maybe the Giants.

I can't imagine the type of person who bought a PSL that still doesn't admit that they were sodomized.

he paid $650 million for the team.  everywhere  I look his net worth is estimated at 3.5 billion

RWJF gave away 329 million in 2012 alone

the johnson company inc. is a private company that just invests the family fortune. they have so much money he got in trouble for buying 2 billion dollars of debt to offset profits

I bet he's not on the list because it's a private company investing family money.  I can't find any info on it at all

this thread is so stupid it hurts

In all seriousness- the building of all these new stadiums in the city were complete mistakes. The Yankees cant even sell out playoff games anymore. Opening day is going to be dead.

The real problem is that these new luxurious stadiums were constructed during the peak of the economy. No one was expecting 2008 to happen when these plans were all put in place.

he paid $650 million for the team.  everywhere  I look his net worth is estimated at 3.5 billion

RWJF gave away 329 million in 2012 alone

the johnson company inc. is a private company that just invests the family fortune. they have so much money he got in trouble for buying 2 billion dollars of debt to offset profits

I bet he's not on the list because it's a private company investing family money.  I can't find any info on it at all

I know that he gave the ex (a true ****) $100M when they split.  She married Ahmad Rahshad (Bobby Moore).  Dumbass. I think they estimate the family worth in the double digit billions, but I am not sure how they divide that up. 

The real problem is that these new luxurious stadiums were constructed during the peak of the economy. No one was expecting 2008 to happen when these plans were all put in place.

The biggest problem was they were all unneccesary minus Shea.

ok so let's examine the following real things that happened to the Jets this off season: 

- Rex wasn't fired. Why? Cause firing Rex costs big money

- Mark is still the QB of the Jets. Why? Cause he's due big money. 

- not paying Laron Landry despite his Pro Bowl season.  

- Cutting Pouha, Pace, Scott, signing Garay, Barnes and Mauga. Colon for Moore. Ok that's business as usual (alot of teams do stuff like that)

- trading his best player for picks. Rather than pay him big money.  no one else does this. 

We can sit here and make rational excuses for why these decisions are correct. But make no mistake they are all cheap decisions. 

ok so let's examine the following real things that happened to the Jets this off season: 

- Cutting Pouha, Pace, Scott, signing Garay, Barnes and Mauga. Colon for Moore. Ok that's business as usual (alot of teams do stuff like that)

- trading his best player for picks. Rather than pay him big money.  no one else does this. 

We can sit here and make rational excuses for why these decisions are correct. But make no mistake they are all cheap decisions. 

You realize of course that they are going to spend very close to all they are allowed to spend….Right?

You realize of course that they are going to spend very close to all they are allowed to spend….Right?

The coaches are the only ones where he has a point.  If they are keeping Rex around just because he is still under contract that is being cheap and probably stupid. Plenty of these guys believe that.

holy crap your just grasping for air right now. Woody is insanely rich and your just being sad real nfl football people dont agree with how youd build the team.

woody spends just as much as everyone else blaming him for not wanting to pay revis is just ludicrous. The jets spend the fullest they are allowed to in cap

Also because he's a good coach.

Also because if they hold onto him for one more year they're out on alot more money.

A smart move. Landry at 6 million a year for 4 years is alot less interesting for 1/4.

The Jets haven't done it, there's just nothing else to talk about. 

Woody's not cheap. he's just poor. At least compared to his peers. 

Not a question of cheap, but inherited wealth trying to show, gosh darn it, he smart and  knows how to run a business. The Rooneys and Mara/Tisches trust professionals to do it. Jerry Jones adn Dan Snyder try to do it themselves and at least they made or contributed to their fortune. Woody didn't do a damn thing except get born and simply isn't that sharp. We are watching a spoiled brat trying to validate himself. Woody Johnson being so out front is a daily embarrassment. Why does our owner insist on even caring about the cornerback, much less being in a fued with him?

Besides that sport franchises are like toys to most of these guys not where they make money

Which again supports my comments over the last 12 Years of Woody Johnson's Ownership of this franchise.

(Look I know he bought the team from Leon Hess on January 18, 2000, so calm down...)

My Issue with him began over the true reason he wanted to put the team in a new stadium next to the Javitz Center - Real Estate growth.

Every thing he has done as an owner has been to make a profit & not create something special on on the field.

• Parcells knew this & did everything he could to leave
  • Belechich had a "Nervous Breakdown" and ran to Bob Kraft when he was granted a release
  • Johnson then hired "Inexperienced" Head Coaches in order to save money

In easier said terms - He counts the pennies (Operating Costs) when he should be counting the dollars (Victories)!

Woody's not cheap. he's just poor. At least compared to his peers. 

lol

woody is in a better position than almost all the other owners because his wealth is a huge pile of cash.  the other owners have a lot of paper wealth, which they would have to sell to make liquid

woody is liquid baby, liquid cash

his ability to run a team is th bottom third of the league, but you are clueless to his finances, just clueless

Which again supports my comments over the last 12 Years of Woody Johnson's Ownership of this franchise.

(Look I know he bought the team from Leon Hess on January 18, 2000, so calm down...)

My Issue with him began over the true reason he wanted to put the team in a new stadium next to the Javitz Center - Real Estate growth.

Every thing he has done as an owner has been to make a profit & not create something special on on the field.

• Parcells knew this & did everything he could to leave
  • Belechich had a "Nervous Breakdown" and ran to Bob Kraft when he was granted a release
  • Johnson then hired "Inexperienced" Head Coaches in order to save money

In easier said terms - He counts the pennies (Operating Costs) when he should be counting the dollars (Victories)!

so you are saying he is treating this team like a business...very interesting....

I wonder what returns he will get on the money he invested on the state of the art complex in floram park. real estate grab as well?

Ancillary - There is a development being progressed with Rockefeller Group Development Corporation & Johnson Financial (Woody) over a Convention center & Hotels being built at "The Greene @ Florham Park."

And yes, this will be a boon to Johnson Financial because they will act as the agent in all rental development.

As for the state of the art complex in FLORHAM Park, it has a corporate sponsor in Atlantic Health, who is also using the facility for sports medicine care (non-NFL).  I truly believe that Woody & the Jets pay little to nothing for Property taxes due to the fact that a Non-Profit organization is maintaining the facility in the off-season.

Like I said before - he Counts the Pennies but forgets the Dollars...

you are clueless to his finances, just clueless

you might disagree with me but there's no need to make it personal. 

the fact of the matter is the supposedly cap strapped Jets are 13 mil under the cap right now and "can't afford" to pay their best player. 

lol

woody is in a better position than almost all the other owners because his wealth is a huge pile of cash.  the other owners have a lot of paper wealth, which they would have to sell to make liquid

woody is liquid baby, liquid cash

his ability to run a team is th bottom third of the league, but you are clueless to his finances, just clueless

Larz, Woody owns Johnson Financial Corp.  - a High End Real Estate Brokerage Firm located off Route 1 North in Princeton Junction, NJ.

He is the heir to the J&J Foundation - Not Johnson & Johnson Corporation.

Though J&J (Corp) supports the foundation - he makes no money from the earnings of Johnson & Johnson's day to day business - if he did, he would be a billionaire!

I'm not the one who is clueless...

Archived