Jets Have NFL's Third Weakest Roster

Bleedin Green

How has that worked out for the Jets?

Not saying he doesn't make any difference, but other positions can and do control games more.

You actually totally said that in this thread. Already you're backtracking, yet you refuse to go all in on how just f'n hoooooooooorrrible your thought process is. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How has that worked out for the Jets?

Not saying he doesn't make any difference, but other positions can and do control games more.

Um.... the Jets have plenty of money invested at QB and WR.  The problem with the Jets is not that Revis has been eating up too much cap, it is that Sanchez and Holmes have sucked.

at rg3 prices yes, at Dennis Dixon prices they will treat em like running backs. tom take a second and remember this moment. In 5 years there will be less spread? I don't even like the spread but it's everywhere. Go to a high school game they are running spread.

They used to run the wishbone and full-house option a lot, too. They've been threatening the rise of the running QB since Tarkenton and it's never gained traction because you can't win without a quarterback, and letting your QB get beat on reduces the chances that you have that quarterback. It will always be more economical to have an indispensable quarterback surrounded by disposable, interchangeable backs and receivers. You can't simply change your quarterback every three years like a running back and expect to compete. They handle the ball on every play. There's a reason Dennis Dixon is stapled to the bench while statues like Flacco, Brady, and the Mannings are winning rings.

More non-factors in T0m's world until it's time to bitch about how slow the Jets are. Gotta love your flexibility.

I just want you to understand here, this is an example of you debating with the Imaginary T0m that lives in your head that makes statements that you've made up, in your head.

Um.... the Jets have plenty of money invested at QB and WR.  The problem with the Jets is not that Revis has been eating up too much cap, it is that Sanchez and Holmes have sucked.

Bottom line of this-You don't give what you just gave to Cromartie, and then sign Revis.

The realities of todays football economics don't allow smart teams to do that.

That is the reality

ya know what would make this situation better? trading the team's best player for draft picks. That should fix it. 

nah i vote for keeping him for the year and losing him for a 3rd round compensatory pick......

or better yet, devoting 15 mil/year to a cornerback on a team that has no offense at all

Bottom line of this-You don't give what you just gave to Cromartie, and then sign Revis.

That is the reality

Cromartie is easier to trade than Revis right now without getting severely low balled in the short and long term. 

The reality of the Jets' current economic situation is that they can pay Revis without worrying about that 25 million QB and teens pass rusher during the length of that contract. Keep ignoring that though - Non-free agent Aaron Rodgers is signing with that other team! 

Cromartie is easier to trade than Revis right now without getting severely low balled in the short and long term. 

The reality of the Jets' current economic situation is that they can pay Revis without worrying about that 25 million QB and teens pass rusher during the length of that contract. Keep ignoring that though - Non-free agent Aaron Rodgers is signing with that other team! 

To trade Cromartie, I believe would result in an immediate 7-8mm dollar hit to the cap.

Yeah, that would be brilliant, in regard to what they just did.

That is the reality

Disagree.  Bottom line is that you pay your better players.  The Jets problem has been that they paid guys weren't adding anythng, not that they had so much money in corners. Pace and Scott getting old while still getting paid and Sanchez, Tebow and Holmes blowing donkeys damaged the team and having an extra few million in cap space wasn't fixing that.  Next year they will be off the books and you will be drafting corners.

Disagree.  Bottom line is that you pay your better players.  The Jets problem has been that they paid guys weren't adding anythng, not that they had so much money in corners. Pace and Scott getting old while still getting paid and Sanchez, Tebow and Holmes blowing donkeys damaged the team and having an extra few million in cap space wasn't fixing that.  Next year they will be off the books and you will be drafting corners.

And Cromartie will be here to anchor the backfield.

The contract restructure told us so.

As far as Cromartie being an anchor:

Advantage - He's cheaper and further removed from his own ACL surgery.

Disadvantages - Not as dominant as Revis or well rounded as Revis - much weaker against the run. A full year older. Height/length often puts him at a disadvantage against shorter pass catchers. As good as he is against taller WRs, Revis is better. History includes far more penalties drawn than Revis. Claim to fame is that he was the Jets' MVP in 2012, he was almost as good as Revis in 2011, and like Buck he likes to ****. He also needs a new contract next year.

As far as Cromartie being an anchor:

Advantage - He's cheaper and further removed from his own ACL surgery.

Disadvantages - Not as dominant as Revis or well rounded as Revis - much weaker against the run. A full year older. Height/length often puts him at a disadvantage against shorter pass catchers. As good as he is against taller WRs, Revis is better. History includes far more penalties drawn than Revis. Claim to fame is that he was the Jets' MVP in 2012, he was almost as good as Revis in 2011, and like Buck he likes to ****. He also needs a new contract next year.

ok. No one is arguing that Cromartie is better than Revis. But he has demonstrated he can single up with a #1 wr. Now we go out and build the rest of the team. I knew we could come together here.

ok. No one is arguing that Cromartie is better than Revis. But he has demonstrated he can single up with a #1 wr. Now we go out and build the rest of the team. I knew we could come together here.

For one season...where the team saw a major drop in play against the pass despite the best safety play they've received in years. Let me guess - it's all Kyle Wilson?

Believing that the lesser talent is who fits the franchise better in the short and long term kind of fits well with the rest of the lazy thinking you've used on the Revis issue. Brilliant plan to win the Payroll Efficiency Bowl, hideous idea to win much else. 

For one season...where the team saw a major drop in play against the pass despite the best safety play they've received in years. Let me guess - it's all Kyle Wilson?

Believing that the lesser talent is who fits the franchise better in the short and long term kind of fits well with the rest of the lazy thinking you've used on the Revis issue. Brilliant plan to win the Payroll Efficiency Bowl, hideous idea to win much else. 

The Rex believers (you among them) tell me the wondrous things this #2 ranked pass defense did. Rex is a miracle worker. Trust the defense to him. You are one of his biggest supporters

The Rex believers (you among them) tell me the wondrous things this #2 ranked pass defense did. Rex is a miracle worker. Trust the defense to him. You are one of his biggest supporters

Yes, I am. His D was at it's best WITH Revis, and that D was good enough to carry a Super Bowl team with good QB play. The best QB play Rex has received as a HC was Sanchez squeezing into the 20-22 range in 2010. 

Rex + Revis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Signing lesser players so that One Day the stars can align and we can pay an Aaron Rodgers clone his 25 million

No, no. The roster is actually stacked with young talent.

...but, but, but.... there is only so much that one corner can do!  Being able to REALLY man up is that it frees the safeties and LBs.  When we have more DBs stuck in coverage those running QBs will be eating us up. 

Yes, I am. His D was at it's best WITH Revis, and that D was good enough to carry a Super Bowl team with good QB play. The best QB play Rex has received as a HC was Sanchez squeezing into the 20-22 range in 2010. 

That team never had good QB play.  It had barely adequate QB play and it won.

No, no. Rexis is youngtalent is schottenbaum holmeggjuhfgjhddvnjkkkl

<SYNTAX ERROR>

Archived