No Game of Thrones thread?

T0mShane

I was a huge fan of Tyrion through 3 seasons, but I think this is the season where Dinklage firmly established him as one of the all-time classic TV characters and one of the greatest acting jobs in the history of anything. It's not even up for debate anymore. His descent this season into the finale last night (won't say what happened out of respect to Larz) was very methodical and well played out. Going into last night I thought that Martin and Co had drawn out the story too much, but after watching him make his way through that dark corridor and the tone of his voice while speaking, I just don't think any of that would have had the same effect had it not been done over such a long period of time. I can't say any of what happened last night was surprising, but that was 4 seasons in the making right there and Dinklage pulled it off in fantastic fashion.

True dat.

He was the reason i got pulled into this show in the first place. Just a phenomenal actor.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

episode 2 was ok.  is there doggy action in every episode or are they just trying to hook an audience ?

Season 1 is just good, things really don't get set in motion until the end. The problem is that everything that happens is a result of Season 1, so you have to make it through. Seasons 2 and 3 might just be the best sh*t ever put on television. But everything gets set in motion by all the minute details of that first season, so you have to pay attention. Even the gratuitous sex scenes matter.

Season 1 is just good, things really don't get set in motion until the end. The problem is that everything that happens is a result of Season 1, so you have to make it through. Seasons 2 and 3 might just be the best sh*t ever put on television. But everything gets set in motion by all the minute details of that first season, so you have to pay attention. Even the gratuitous sex scenes matter.

txs

I can see where they are going with blondie.  that tyrion guy is hilarious

just got done power watching season 4...

Always feel a bit sad knowing I'm going to have to wait another year to watch more. Best show on TV for my money

This is what made Breaking Bad so great for me. I didn't catch on until the break in Season 5. So I never had this. I never had to wait for anything. GoT I caught on toward the end of Season 3. So this is the second time I've had to tough it out. The lag time is awful. Even worse if you have friends who have read the books and you need to threaten them with violence if they want to give spoilers in a drunken stupor.

This is what made Breaking Bad so great for me. I didn't catch on until the break in Season 5. So I never had this. I never had to wait for anything. GoT I caught on toward the end of Season 3. So this is the second time I've had to tough it out. The lag time is awful. Even worse if you have friends who have read the books and you need to threaten them with violence if they want to give spoilers in a drunken stupor.

Yep, I watched 4 seasons of breaking bad over the course of 3-4 weeks and still haven't even seen season 5, although I heard it's great.  Couple of other shows went like that where I really enjoyed it during the power watch but never went back to it after catching up to real time. Once you leave that world, it's hard to go back and re invest in the characters. GOT is really the only show I've ever kept up with, which to me is a credit to it's superb acting and writing as well as it's subject matter. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived