The Great Ones

Borgoguy

Thanks BG...as to the 12 string, let's just say I 'HAD' one. Well technically it's still hanging up on the wall here but there are no strings on it. You see what happened was some guy we both know, used to consider himself a kitchen luthier until he was given the task of trying to adjust the neck on the virtually brand new Takemine acoustic/electric 12 string. So.....I'm lowering the strings,turning squeak sqeak...lower,reet reet,and still even lower,ROIKKKKK... LO w e r.... and then !!!!!SHUBANGORRRREEEEEID!!!!! I snapped the truss rod therefore rendering the guitar useless and not financially feasible to fix...I will never let that guy in the videos I posted ever work on a guitar of mine,,,,EVER again

Thank you, Mr. Churchill.  I will block out some time to check out the live performance in the first video.

Thanks BG...as to the 12 string, let's just say I 'HAD' one. Well technically it's still hanging up on the wall here but there are no strings on it. You see what happened was some guy we both know, used to consider himself a kitchen luthier until he was given the task of trying to adjust the neck on the virtually brand new Takemine acoustic/electric 12 string. So.....I'm lowering the strings,turning squeak sqeak...lower,reet reet,and still even lower,ROIKKKKK... LO w e r.... and then !!!!!SHUBANGORRRREEEEEID!!!!! I snapped the truss rod therefore rendering the guitar useless and not financially feasible to fix...I will never let that guy in the videos I posted ever work on a guitar of mine,,,,EVER again

Good Lord, no.  You must have freaked.  Sorry about your loss.

Speaking of great ones, I was searching through some Led Zeppelin material the other day and, by accident, found this interview with Jimmy Page.  It's a treasure trove of background information on the making of their various records.

It's a fun read.  But because of its length, I'll just post the link below.

http://www.iem.ac.ru/zeppelin/docs/interviews/page_93.gw

I'm right with you on this, Bugg.  He has so many great songs, but Quadrophenia may be Townshend's masterwork.  

Have you seen the BBC's "making of" documentary (Can You See the Real Me?") they show on Palladia?  Very entertaining with lots of  interesting backstory. here it is should you have an hour to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjzKZMX9I-o

Have seen it. Kinda funny that the studio is now a medical office. and "Jinny" was some local knucklehead.

As to "London Calling" will say without any question best show I ever saw was the double bill of the Clash opening for the  Who at Shea.

The Clash had a less successful tour with Curtis Blow and the Furious Five opening for them at the Pier about a year before. Curtis says "If you want to see the Clash, say HHHHOOO!" and about 12,000 white guys winged beer bottles at him and they shut down hsi set and hurried up the Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phirQhHzpUw

Can also say that if you can see the Who do "Quadraphenia" this tour,. do so. the were great in Brooklyn and on 1212.

Have seen it. Kinda funny that the studio is now a medical office. and "Jinny" was some local knucklehead.

As to "London Calling" will say without any question best show I ever saw was the double bill of the Clash opening for the  Who at Shea.

The Clash had a less successful tour with Curtis Blow and the Furious Five opening for them at the Pier about a year before. Curtis says "If you want to see the Clash, say HHHHOOO!" and about 12,000 white guys winged beer bottles at him and they shut down hsi set and hurried up the Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phirQhHzpUw

Can also say that if you can see the Who do "Quadraphenia" this tour,. do so. the were great in Brooklyn and on 1212.

That is a legendary show.  I saw The Clash at Bond's Disco (the old Bond's Department Store in Times Square) on opening night.  Wall to wall people to where it was actually scary.  The NYCFD shut down the rest of the nights because there was only one exit.  I still remember the late Joe Strummer (one of the best rock names, right?) being an incredible showman.

Archived