Baseball is here...

Maxman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugg, on 01 Apr 2013 - 17:05, said:

Sabbathia will always be game. But he like the rest of the team(and those pople on the DL) looked realy old.

He didn't give up any hard hits at all. The Yankee lineup is just an pathetic joke and will magnify everything bad a pitcher does.

I am the biggest Yankees homer and for the first time in a long time I am scared.  They have to find a way to hold on until these bats return.  But Tex's injury scares me.  Girardi said Granderson will be back the first week of May and Tex is two weeks behind that.  But will Tex's injury linger?  I fear the worst.

Jeter will be back at some point but I am not counting on seeing anything from ARod.

The lineup is going to be downright pathetic in April.

Did either team sell out today? I checked stubHub this morning to see if there was a Mets ticket dump going on, but they were still asking $70. I LOLed.

I was given tix so I went...plenty of seats available. There's just no atmosphere at the place.

Boston is having trouble selling tickets too. Relax. 

Somewhere between a lousy economy, overpriced tickets and easy access to quality HD TV every American sports franchise is going to have trouble selling tickets going forward.

This yankees roster is reprehensible. Anyone who had a part in constructing it should be ashamed of themselves. 

They would never acknowledge this but the Yankee organization know this year is going to be bad. They wante to give Mo a decent sendoff, hope they can dump Rodriguez and perhaps Jeter can also see the writing on the wall and retire. Depending on old pitchers like CC and Pettitte is not going to work. Pettitte until this evening's game has not pitched in a MLB game in April since 2010. Cashman would like nothing better than to clean house. And in Cashman's quiet moments based on last October and thsi year's admittedly small sample size that cleansing would include Cano signing a contract more than 6 years long for stupid numbers somepalce else.  

If it's any consolation to you Yanks fans, the Mets are going to suck, too. They've got three MLB-quality position players and a bunch of guys who should be in AAA figuring out how to hit breaking balls.

I'm still looking for Pelfrey's name in the "Probable Starter" column.  Niese, Gee, pray for volcano.

I'm still looking for Pelfrey's name in the "Probable Starter" column. Niese, Gee, pray for volcano.

FU. That's the one part of the team that should work. Matt Harvey looks like what Phil HughesLOL was supposed to be. Harvey-Neise-Wheeler-Gee are going to lose a ton of 3-2, 4-1 ballgames this year.

FU. That's the one part of the team that should work. Matt Harvey looks like what Phil HughesLOL was supposed to be. Harvey-Neise-Wheeler-Gee are going to lose a ton of 3-2, 4-1 ballgames this year.

Probably.  Then they'll give up because they don't get run support.  *Mets fan logic*

This yankees roster is reprehensible. Anyone who had a part in constructing it should be ashamed of themselves. 

This is one of the strangest Yankee rosters that I can remember.  Is the plan to not reduce payroll until all these current contracts (AROD etc) come off the books?

This is one of the strangest Yankee rosters that I can remember.  Is the plan to not reduce payroll until all these current contracts (AROD etc) come off the books?

Every report I have heard/read says they want to get below the luxury tax which is about 189 million.  They're currently over 230 I think. Rivera is done after this season. Pettite and Jeter not too far behind. A-Rod is the real albatross.

Interesting to see what will happen with Cano.

Every report I have heard/read says they want to get below the luxury tax which is about 189 million.  They're currently over 230 I think. Rivera is done after this season. Pettite and Jeter not too far behind. A-Rod is the real albatross.

Interesting to see what will happen with Cano.

I can't imagine a scenario where they don't resign Cano.  Interesting though, I looked at the Yankees payroll and it is more top heavy than I thought.  150 million tied up in the top 9 guys or so.  CRAZY.

Why exactly is Tex making 23 million this year?

They Yankees free up 22 million between Andy and Mariano.  Ironic because they got the first win this year.

I can't imagine a scenario where they don't resign Cano.  Interesting though, I looked at the Yankees payroll and it is more top heavy than I thought.  150 million tied up in the top 9 guys or so.  CRAZY.

Why exactly is Tex making 23 million this year?

They Yankees free up 22 million between Andy and Mariano.  Ironic because they got the first win this year.

Texiera making silly money this year is why I think the Yankees don't really want to resign Cano. That, and that Cano  a. dissappeared last October and b.looks like crap right now leads me to believe they are done with long term max money contracts.

I can not see how the Yankees will not resign Cano- he is the one guy that is younger in the lineup to build on. So he had a terrible post season- without his performance last year the Yankees would have not made it to the post season

I can not see how the Yankees will not resign Cano- he is the one guy that is younger in the lineup to build on. So he had a terrible post season- without his performance last year the Yankees would have not made it to the post season

Surprisingly enough it may come down to money. Didn't he just sign with Jay-Z?

Archived