Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Baseball is here...

T0mShane, on 01 Apr 2013 - 16:35, said:

Joba Chamberlin would be one of the most detestable NY athletes ever if he ever merited ranking.

The yankees have completely ****ed him up beyond repair.

Bugg, on 01 Apr 2013 - 17:05, said:

Sabbathia will always be game. But he like the rest of the team(and those pople on the DL) looked realy old.

He didn't give up any hard hits at all. The Yankee lineup is just an pathetic joke and will magnify everything bad a pitcher does.

I think its finally time to put to bed that New York is a baseball town. No one cares anymore.

It's a baseball town if the teams are good. 

This yankees roster is reprehensible. Anyone who had a part in constructing it should be ashamed of themselves. 

Remember how it's all gonna be OK because we have a great pitching staff to make up for the pathetic lineup? Good times. 

I think Houston has that in the bag.

No they don't.   Whatever is not sold is 'given' to charity.

They will still lose their sellout streak. I was pricing Red Sox tickets on stubhub for a trip I'm taking up there for work and they are MUCH cheaper than they have been in the past. 

Any Yankees fans still want to argue that Hughes is better than Buchholz? Haha

I'd say both have been pretty disappointing as major leaguers at this point. Hughes was better last year, Buchholz is off to a better start this year. Neither of them are aces. They are both FA's so we'll see what they get at the end of the year. 

Edited by unbanmadmike1

Buchholz - Career 3.80 ERA

Hughes - Career 4.46 ERA

Come on. It's not even close.  Hughes had one solid season and it was as a reliever.

Nice cherry picking of one stat lol. I'm not saying Hughes has been what he should've been but neither has Buchholz and if you can make excuses for Buchholz' bad years with injuries you can do the same for Hughes. 

ERA+ Shutouts?  Complete Games?    ;)

Fair enough on the injuries.  If you want to say it is injuries or Yankee mis-management of his growth, he isseems to have reached his ceiling looks to become a serviceable 3rd - 5th starter in a place like KC next year.

Bucholz has show more upside in his career.  Can you say the same of Hughes?  No.   

That isn't unreasonable however Buchholz hasn't been anything better than a 3-4 starter either. We'll see what they each get in the free agent market. Hughes might have more success in the NL or in a bigger ballpark since he's developed some disturbing fly ball habits. 

Hughes vs Buchholz is a valid comparison. Where they are in their respective rotations really has nothing to do with anything. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company