Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Baseball is here...

First to 100 losses wins

I think Houston has that in the bag.

Boston is having trouble selling tickets too. Relax. 

No they don't.   Whatever is not sold is 'given' to charity.

They will still lose their sellout streak. I was pricing Red Sox tickets on stubhub for a trip I'm taking up there for work and they are MUCH cheaper than they have been in the past. 

It is a farce anyways. 

Not surprising.

To be fair every MLB team is having trouble selling tickets.The economy sucks.  The tickets are ridiculously overpriced, and you could buy an 18-pack of beer for what they get you for warm tap beer at the game. Most laughable-ad signs all over Citifield fo $5 footlong Subway sandwiches, while at Citifield said sandwich costs $12-15.Appears at least in the northeast MLB doens't grasp that if they want to sell those seats they have to make it more reasonable for a family with small kids to go to a game. There is nothing like a little boy going to his first baseball game. Fewer little boys are having that experience. They are losing future fans because of greed.

Might also help if you didn't allow batters to step out every pitch.In the 1970s Toby Harrah of the Indians did that and he was universally mocked. In every Brooklyn Cyclones game I ahve been to, Single A ball, nobody does that. It adds nothing to the game but dead time. You could knock 20 minutes off every game if you stopped that. Once you don't give a batter a timeout and tell any one pitcher to throw a pitch, that will end in a day.

Exactly.  I go to AAA (Nashville Sounds) games and the three hour game is actually filled with play (and give aways) not the continuous delays caused by players.

wHAT fRANchize has MORE rINGz ???!!!???

Wow.  Pretty lame Max.  Drunk posting?

I'd say both have been pretty disappointing as major leaguers at this point. Hughes was better last year, Buchholz is off to a better start this year. Neither of them are aces. They are both FA's so we'll see what they get at the end of the year. 

The only knock on Bucholz is his injury that marred most of 2011 and affected him into 2012.

Otherwise, he has been good. And for the record, Hughes was barely better than Bucholz last year.

Nice cherry picking of one stat lol. I'm not saying Hughes has been what he should've been but neither has Buchholz and if you can make excuses for Buchholz' bad years with injuries you can do the same for Hughes. 

ERA+ Shutouts?  Complete Games?    ;)

Fair enough on the injuries.  If you want to say it is injuries or Yankee mis-management of his growth, he isseems to have reached his ceiling looks to become a serviceable 3rd - 5th starter in a place like KC next year.

Bucholz has show more upside in his career.  Can you say the same of Hughes?  No.   

This is your best post ever. 

Do you want to know why CC made the original post?   It was discussed around here.  Ad nauseam.  $hit....props to MadMike he actually made some half decent arguments for Hughes that the gap is not as big as RSN might think.

And a little clue CC was joking...he added a "ha ha" after it.

You are literally clueless.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company