Asomugha gets 1 year 3 million

Thor99

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're Revis, wouldn't you choose to start working on your Deion-esque series of two year/$25 million dollar deals at this point, anyway? If I'm him, I take that from Tampa immediately, then get to UFA status as a 29 year old mercenary, when there will be another run on your services. For whatever reason COUGHCOLLUSION the market isn't there right now anyway.

Or Tampa tells Idzik to gfh and waits till next offseason to sign Revis.  Why would Revis sign here for 10 when he knows Tampa will give him 13 next March?

The way the market is headed, 13 million for a corner seems very unlikely.

Technically Philly is still paying him 4 million this season. That said, it's still not a good CB market as far as contracts. They should just re-sign him on the cheap at this point.

Which means Revis should be delighted to sign a 5 year 45 million dollar contract with 25 million guaranteed. Then again, I'd prefer Tavon and Eifert.

2015 seems like a good time for a spike.

Aside from what league experts have whispered that it won't happen, yeah have at a fantasy world scenario. It seems to be what you have been working a lot of your analysis off of. 

Gato: The cap is only being leveled the first 3 years of the CBA

Scott: *shows source stating that there will not be any spikes as in the past*

Gato:What spikes in the past?

Scott: *shows graph demonstrating the explosive rise in salary cap in prior CBAs*

Gato What spikes?

Scott: you know, 21% in '97, 16% in '06 and all the years in between with very good gains

Gato: 2015 seems like a good time for a spike

You can't make this kind of stuff up

Gato: The cap is only being leveled the first 3 years of the CBA

Scott: *shows source stating that there will not be any spikes as in the past*

That isn't what your source said.

So it turns out yoU CAN make this kind of stuff up.

Gato: 2015 seems like a good time for a spike

Edit: Also there was a reason given for this as the player's share of NFL money goes up from 48% to 48.5%.

You don't seem to have followed this conversation well at all.

Scott: you know, 21% in '97, 16% in '06 and all the years in between with very good gains

So...two spikes...for which you gave me a range of years rather than...yeah this is just bad.

This isn't the NBA where teams dump salaries and wait for Lebron James.  And look how that worked out for the Knicks. They did get Anthony, but the Nuggets seem to have gotten the better end of that deal.

Even if there is some kind of spike, it's not like the Aaron Rodgers of the world will be free agents and sign elsewhere.  
The only time MVP QBs get dumped are due to injury or age and the team has a replacement they think will be just as good.   

No successful organization in the NFL would dump everything and hope that 2015 there is some spike so they can spend money.  

It might help certain teams who are willing to spend, but it's not going to help a team who dumped everybody in hopes that there was a spike year.

That isn't what your source said.

So it turns out yoU CAN make this kind of stuff up.

Edit: Also there was a reason given for this as the player's share of NFL money goes up from 48% to 48.5%.

You don't seem to have followed this conversation well at all.

So...two spikes...for which you gave me a range of years rather than...yeah this is just bad.

Ok Gato-Show me a dollar increase in terms of total cap spend that the NFL will have in 2015.

Ok Gato-Show me a dollar increase in terms of total cap spend that the NFL will have in 2015.

Seriously, what? Why would anyone know this now?

I would have gladly paid him $3mil for the year and traded Revis away.

Even swap! 

Archived