Mike Tannenbaum will work as an agent for coaches

JADEDGREEN

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/mike-tannenbaum-will-work-as-an-agent-for-coaches/

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT

mike-tannenbaum1.jpg?w=250Getty Images

Former Jets General Manager Mike Tannenbaum has found a new job in which he’ll be negotiating contracts, but from the other side of the bargaining table.

As first reported by Bruce Feldman of CBS, Tannenbaum is joining Priority Sports as an agent representing coaches. PFT has confirmed with Tannenbaum that Priority Sports will be opening a New York office, where Tannenbaum will be based, and that he will have a hand in both football and basketball, college and pro.

Tannenbaum is a graduate of Tulane Law School and knows the inner workings of the football business, so the move makes sense for him. Time will tell if Tannenbaum makes this a long-term career change, or if he gets the itch to jump back into an NFL front office if the right opportunity arises.

After seven years as the Jets’ general manager, Tannenbaum was fired at the end of the 2012 season. He had previously worked as the Jets’ director of player contract negotiations and as senior vice president of football operations and assistant general manager.

**** you T0m, the guy is a multi faceted genius!

Former New York Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum To Represent Coaches And Broadcasters
rbesimg.com t             Move down        

“I am thrilled to join a fantastic team at Priority Sports & Entertainment. It’s a tremendous company with no shortage of talented people and I only hope to add to the firm’s sterling reputation throughout the industry,” said Tannenbaum.

The hiring of Tannenbaum gives Priority Sports & Entertainment, led by CEO Mark Bartelstein, offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta.  It also lends the company a lot of credibility as it expands into the area of representing coaches, front office personnel and broadcasters.  Priority Sports is currently known for its strong football and basketball divisions, which represent Arian Foster, David Lee, Chandler Parsons and Bradley Beal, among others.

“For us to be able to add an executive of the caliber of Mike Tannenbaum is an absolute home run for our company and our clients,” said Bartelstein.  ”We couldn’t be happier to have Mike on board. We are extremely excited about establishing the new division, which is a perfect fit for Priority Sports & Entertainment.”

It seems to be a popular belief now that you need to make your own job. Well played Tannenbaum, well played.

JN reaction to this: LOL

JN reaction to getting another GM job: LOL

JN reaction to his NFL Network gig: LOL

JN reaction to not working in football altogether: LOL

It seems to be a popular belief now that you need to make your own job. Well played Tannenbaum, well played.

JN reaction to this: LOL

JN reaction to getting another GM job: LOL

JN reaction to his NFL Network gig: LOL

JN reaction to not working in football altogether: LOL

What can I say, the guy's kind of a joke

What can I say, the guy's kind of a joke

Everyone's a joke in Jet land if you'll notice. There isn't a single person I can think of who got involved with this dump of a franchise and walked away as much more than a joke. Even the ones we are supposed to like - Namath, Gastineau - become jokes. It's kind of this franchise's shtick, I think. 

Everyone's a joke in Jet land if you'll notice. There isn't a single person I can think of who got involved with this dump of a franchise and walked away as much more than a joke. Even the ones we are supposed to like - Namath, Gastineau - become jokes. It's kind of this franchise's shtick, I think.

It's part of its Rustic Charm.

Tannenbaum, a graduate of Tulane University Law School, accepted the announcement with professionalism, and released a statement that said, in part, “I am confident that the base we’ve established will allow the New York Jets to continue a winning tradition for years to come and I wish everyone in the organization the best of luck.”

Winning tradition?

Hmph. 

Everyone's a joke in Jet land if you'll notice. There isn't a single person I can think of who got involved with this dump of a franchise and walked away as much more than a joke. Even the ones we are supposed to like - Namath, Gastineau - become jokes. It's kind of this franchise's shtick, I think.

ahahahahah

Every Jet employee is highly coveted around the league, you know. The fans are too dumb to understand, you know.

Mangini was only out of work for 5 minutes and Herm was so coveted he was worth a draft pick. The fans here truly are a bunch of clueless knobs

Archived