Second round targets

hotcoles87

love that kid Lemonier i think he will be there in the  3rd  K. Long with our 2nd and Ty Powell will fit us  in the 5th. if we dont get a Oline in the 1st 

Lemonier is amazing.  I tend to think he's going earlier than expected and might creep into the late first, early second.  Productive in the SEC, great size speed, and strength.  A guy like him can easily end up better than some of these guys being talked about as top 15 pass rushers. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep playing out draft scenerios out in my head, and the second round (as with most years) just seems stacked with talent.  I feel like any one of these guys has the chance to come in and bring a similar impact to anyone of the top ten targets we've been talking about.

Here's a small list of guys that i'd have interest in between the late first and early 3rd.  I've also listed a few possible fallers (think about where Upshaw, DeCastro and Cordy Glenn went last year)

OLB

Corey Lemonier (love him)

Alex Okafor

Jamie Collins

Possible fallers-:Jarvis Jones, Damontre Moore

S

Jon Cyprian (love him)

Eric Reid

Matt Elam

G/T

Larry Warford

Kyle Long

Possible faller: Melenik Watson

WR

Justin Hunter

Deandre Hopkins

Robert Woods (love him)

Quinton Patton

Possible Faller : Kennan Allen

Wheaton, Bailey and Wiliams would all be nice targets in the 3rd. There are 100 good WR's in this draft.

QB

Ryan Nassib (love him, and would take him over Geno or Barkley any day of the week)

Matt Barkley

EJ Manual

RB

Gio Bernard

Eddie Lacy

Christine Michael (best back in the draft imo, just a moron.)

Later picks: Andre Ellington, Ball, Bell, Franklin, Davis  Tons of good backs available

Random guys that might fall and present value

Tyler Effert, Zack Ertz, Kevin Minter, Alec Ogletree, Margus Hunt, John Jenkins

Out of that list, there's like 20 or more players that I would be thrilled to have.  As I do every year, I would love to work out way into the late first or second round and load up on these guys.  They are all going to come with cheap contracts, and have almost as good of a chance to become stars as first round targets.  Would anyone really be shocked and appauled of say Corey Lemonier ended up a better player than Ansah or Mingo?  Would it be crazy if Ryan Nassib ended up a better QB than Geno Smith?  Would it be impossible for Christine Michael to end up as the best back in the draft?  The answer is no.  We have to find a way to trade back and grab some of these players.  I hope Idzik settles with the Bucs for this years second and next years first, and I hope we trade back into the mid-late first and pickup another 2nd + in the process.

i'll never understand this position. look through any draft and you will see the number of probowl caliber players diminishes quickly as you go from round 1 to round 2 to round 3. this year will be no different.......your statistical chances of getting an impact player are much better in round 1 than they are in round 2.

AK suited might look pretty but it is never a better hand than AA no matter how many times you wanna tell yourself it is.

your being lazy by not answering my question.

I've answered your question a billion times before throughout all the Revis threads. 

Tell me your plan you seem to me like you think you know what your talking about and for all i know your a scout for some NFL team but your acting like you know more stuff but your not  telling it so im starting to think you have no real opinion of your own just that everyone elses is wrong. Now tell me what is your plan for the fastest way to get to being a contender.

I'm acting like I know more? You're the guy telling me the Jets need to trade their best player to be two players away from contention, one of them being a G, and I'm the guy acting like I know more stuff? I'm just calling bullsh*t where I see it. Geno Smith + "an o linemen" is bullsh*t from my POV.

and stop complaining about revis. It has nothing to do with it i just dont think revis is worth 12m but thats a different argument answer my above question all mighty nfl insider

Stop trading him for a G and then telling me that makes this team a contender. It's ridiculous at best. 

yea very true im just saying if im 99 years old and want to watch the jets in the playoffs this year before i die or go blind or something i want the jets drafting geno and hopefully he pans out. Im digging his stats

All of these QBs this year are long shots (there are like 10 total or something) that could be drafted anywhere from the first round because its a weak QB draft or the 7th round.   Could Geno be legit?  Yes. Could he be a bust? Yes.   At #9, he's have a lot of pressure to become the franchise QB. And do it quickly.  Drafted in the second round,  he could sit for a year or two and develop.     

A lot depends on coaching and talent surrounding him.   If you are right and the Jets draft Geno and some G,  who is running the ball?  Who is catching the ball?    Geno was throwing passes against a lot of weak defenses to Austin.    So unless they pick up some stud WRs in 2-7 rounds,  he's throwing to guys who aren't very good. And who knows if Holmes will even play this year.  He's handing the ball off to guys who aren't even backup RBs on other teams.   

Anything is possible, but I don't see how Smith at #9 and some Guard at #13 makes this offense any good.   Sanchez sucks, but it wasn't like he had much help either.

I've answered your question a billion times before throughout all the Revis threads. 

I'm acting like I know more? You're the guy telling me the Jets need to trade their best player to be two players away from contention, one of them being a G, and I'm the guy acting like I know more stuff? I'm just calling bullsh*t where I see it. Geno Smith + "an o linemen" is bullsh*t from my POV.

Stop trading him for a G and then telling me that makes this team a contender. It's ridiculous at best. 

dude your smarter then this i know you get it. Its not a trade for a gaurd its a trade for flexibility and for the sake of not overpaying

I havnt seen your elaborate plan for the jets so can you either link it or just post it here for me master gm?

All of these QBs this year are long shots (there are like 10 total or something) that could be drafted anywhere from the first round because its a weak QB draft or the 7th round.   Could Geno be legit?  Yes. Could he be a bust? Yes.   At #9, he's have a lot of pressure to become the franchise QB. And do it quickly.  Drafted in the second round,  he could sit for a year or two and develop.     

A lot depends on coaching and talent surrounding him.   If you are right and the Jets draft Geno and some G,  who is running the ball?  Who is catching the ball?    Geno was throwing passes against a lot of weak defenses to Austin.    So unless they pick up some stud WRs in 2-7 rounds,  he's throwing to guys who aren't very good. And who knows if Holmes will even play this year.  He's handing the ball off to guys who aren't even backup RBs on other teams.   

Anything is possible, but I don't see how Smith at #9 and some Guard at #13 makes this offense any good.   Sanchez sucks, but it wasn't like he had much help either.

I think Geno is a more polished version of Vince Young. He definitely would need the right coaches to develop him for a chance of having a solid career however

i feel like we could make geno a system qb at its finest.

Stack the o line give him plenty of time and the RBs giant holes and i think wed be good.Im not thinking saint or GB offense but Of course im counting on the defense being legit too

Lemonier is amazing.  I tend to think he's going earlier than expected and might creep into the late first, early second.  Productive in the SEC, great size speed, and strength.  A guy like him can easily end up better than some of these guys being talked about as top 15 pass rushers. 

yeah  i agree he is good but i think maybe at best late 2nd i do like him maybe we can trade down in the 1st a get a late 2nd

but i must say also look at this kid Bass he only got better every year a good 4th maybe 5th if lucky.he had like  39 sacks, good player

dude your smarter then this i know you get it. Its not a trade for a gaurd its a trade for flexibility and for the sake of not overpaying

I havnt seen your elaborate plan for the jets so can you either link it or just post it here for me master gm?

You are correct that I'm smarter than that, which is why I would never do that trade. You call it flexibility, I call it an elite player for a mid-first round guard. I prefer to be honest about what they'd be getting in talent. 

There is no elaborate plan, just as Geno Smith + "an o linemen" (only one of which we get directly because of Revis, and not even the more important one) is not a real plan to contend. Keep Revis, draft well - maybe even somehow draft Geno Smith at 9 without moving him! Whoooooa insane! There's no reason this roster can't turn into a playoff team by next season, and no reason to sell Revis for pennies because you people have somehow convinced yourself that financial flexibility, which is hardly out of the realm of possibilities just because there's one Revis on the roster, is the key to The Future. 

Now, if you would be so kind, please explain how Geno Smith (for cheap btw) and a G will push the Jets into contention without Revis. 

i'll never understand this position. look through any draft and you will see the number of probowl caliber players diminishes quickly as you go from round 1 to round 2 to round 3. this year will be no different.......your statistical chances of getting an impact player are much better in round 1 than they are in round 2.

AK suited might look pretty but it is never a better hand than AA no matter how many times you wanna tell yourself it is.

KC had 6 probowlers last season and they are picking #1. There's obviously much more to winning than a few stars.  We have 20 holes on this team and need youth, depth, speed and a QB.  Would you prefer Chance Warmack at 9, or Jon Cooper at 18 plus a second round pick that gets us Eric Reid?  Anyway, the post wasn't so much to say we need to change out draft strategy and get 5 2nd round picks, but just to bring some of the lesser debated prospects to the table and show that there is in fact more to the draft than the top 9 picks.

As for the Poker analagy- you have it backwards.  AA suited looks pretty, but can lose to AK, or even 7-2 in any given hand.  You have the best chance of winning with AA, but you can also get burned.  There will be 6th and 7th rounders who have better careers than guys who go in the top 15 of this years draft.  Nobody knows who they are yet- which is why I'd prefer to move back and draft quantity over quality.  It helps to get the cap right, and you can fill the holes with youth.

You are correct that I'm smarter than that, which is why I would never do that trade. You call it flexibility, I call it an elite player for a mid-first round guard. I prefer to be honest about what they'd be getting in talent. 

There is no elaborate plan, just as Geno Smith + "an o linemen" (only one of which we get directly because of Revis, and not even the more important one) is not a real plan to contend. Keep Revis, draft well - maybe even somehow draft Geno Smith at 9 without moving him! Whoooooa insane! There's no reason this roster can't turn into a playoff team by next season, and no reason to sell Revis for pennies because you people have somehow convinced yourself that financial flexibility, which is hardly out of the realm of possibilities just because there's one Revis on the roster, is the key to The Future. 

Now, if you would be so kind, please explain how Geno Smith (for cheap btw) and a G will push the Jets into contention without Revis. 

thats just the wrong interpretation of why id get rid of revis so i guess your not getting it. Thats ok though cause a lot of your posts have things i dont understand it must be an age gap or something but we can move on from that because he must be your favorite player or something

before i answer your question (which i will) you have got to be friken kidding me. You belittle everyone for wanting to trade revis for unnamed future players but yet you dont have your own plan or alternative? idk what you do for a living but in the area i do work in if your gonna say something unproved is wrong you sure as hell better have a better alternative.

Everyones wrong except you. Teach me the ways to be a NFL insider like yourself. Show me your plan to get the jets on track

thats just the wrong interpretation of why id get rid of revis so i guess your not getting it.

You're trading him for a guard. This isn't a misinterpretation. You think this makes the team better. It does not. 

he must be your favorite player or something

He is the best player this franchise has had in almost 50 years, it's not particularly close, and the top guy is really only the top guy because he gets all the credit for pulling off the one SB win. 

You belittle everyone for wanting to trade revis for unnamed future players but yet you dont have your own plan or alternative?

Lolwut? Keeping Revis and drafting cheap talent to keep supplmenting the roster is not a plan? OTOH, trading him, drafting a G, and claiming flexibility is? Oh boy...

Everyones wrong except you. Teach me the ways to be a NFL insider like yourself. Show me your plan to get the jets on track

So you don't have an explanation for how two players, one a G, and no Revis turns this team into a contender? Color me shocked.

idk what you do for a living but in the area i do work in if your gonna say something unproved is wrong you sure as hell better have a better alternative.

I'm a gigolo and your plan still sucks. 

You're trading him for a guard. This isn't a misinterpretation. You think this makes the team better. It does not. 

He is the best player this franchise has had in almost 50 years, it's not particularly close, and the top guy is really only the top guy because he gets all the credit for pulling off the one SB win. 

Lolwut? Keeping Revis and drafting cheap talent to keep supplmenting the roster is not a plan? OTOH, trading him, drafting a G, and claiming flexibility is? Oh boy...

So you don't have an explanation for how two players, one a G, and no Revis turns this team into a contender? Color me shocked.

ok idk how you do all these weird quotes but i dont really like them so im gonna respond like this

Your wrong about revis your obviously having trouble seeing past the revis is good thing but thats ok cant change everyone. He is good very very very good but your telling me your entire plan to get the jets contending is to keep revis?

Now even though you havnt answered one of my questions ill answer yours.

Getting rid of revis hurts the D. Now drafting Geno getting an o linemen with the revis pick and signing a free agent offensive guy (idk whos out there i guess i can check if you really want) will significantly improve the O. Its called allocation of resources put your resources that give you the most bang for the buck thats my plan.

now tell me yours besides keeping revis  mr : GM

KC had 6 probowlers last season and they are picking #1. There's obviously much more to winning than a few stars.  We have 20 holes on this team and need youth, depth, speed and a QB.  Would you prefer Chance Warmack at 9, or Jon Cooper at 18 plus a second round pick that gets us Eric Reid?  Anyway, the post wasn't so much to say we need to change out draft strategy and get 5 2nd round picks, but just to bring some of the lesser debated prospects to the table and show that there is in fact more to the draft than the top 9 picks.

As for the Poker analagy- you have it backwards.  AA suited looks pretty, but can lose to AK, or even 7-2 in any given hand.  You have the best chance of winning with AA, but you can also get burned.  There will be 6th and 7th rounders who have better careers than guys who go in the top 15 of this years draft.  Nobody knows who they are yet- which is why I'd prefer to move back and draft quantity over quality.  It helps to get the cap right, and you can fill the holes with youth.

you are proving my analogy for me. sure AA can lose to 2-7 or A-K but the odds are stacked against you. sure 2nd rounders and even 7th rounders can beat out 1st rounders. but you are still always better off going all-in with the aces. sure you are more likely to get burned hard with your aces (1st rounder) when the flop goes badly since you are more likely to be commiting more with them. and they are harder to get away from than your A-K or 2-7 when the fflop doesn't hit. but like i said look at every years draft and the odds are you are more likely to get an impact player in the first round than in the 2nd or 3rd......the odds drop off tremendously actually.

Your wrong about revis your obviously having trouble seeing past the revis is good thing but thats ok cant change everyone. He is good very very very good but your telling me your entire plan to get the jets contending is to keep revis?

You are not reading or comprehending. 

Getting rid of revis hurts the D. Now drafting Geno getting an o linemen with the revis pick and signing a free agent offensive guy (idk whos out there i guess i can check if you really want) will significantly improve the O. Its called allocation of resources put your resources that give you the most bang for the buck thats my plan.

So Geno Smith with the pick the team has, G with imaginary Revis pick, and "free agent offensive guy"....call it bang for the buck...That's quite an explanation. There's no holes in that at all. 

now tell me yours besides keeping revis  mr : GM

You really need to read and comprehend. 

You are not reading or comprehending. 

So Geno Smith with the pick the team has, G with imaginary Revis pick, and "free agent offensive guy"....call it bang for the buck...That's quite an explanation. There's no holes in that at all. 

You really need to read and comprehend. 

Its funny because i was just gonna accuse you of not reading my full post

but i like how you pick and choose things to respond to.

Your blowing smoke call out the holes im sure there are some if you can find it, nothings perfect. Im not believing in your ability to find em tho but prove me otherwise.

most importantly : idk how else for you to get this tell me your plan for the jets to become contenders ASAP.

you are proving my analogy for me. sure AA can lose to 2-7 or A-K but the odds are stacked against you. sure 2nd rounders and even 7th rounders can beat out 1st rounders. but you are still always better off going all-in with the aces. sure you are more likely to get burned hard with your aces (1st rounder) when the flop goes badly since you are more likely to be commiting more with them and thery are harder to get away from than your A-K or 2-7 when the fflop doesn't hit but like i said look at every years draft and the odds are you are more likely to get an impact player in the first round than in the 2nd or 3rd......the odds drop off tremendously actually.

I'm not proving your point, you are missing mine. We need a lot more than a probowler on this team. If we were San Fran I'd say yes let's get some first rounders in here to get us over the hump. Long term building, which is what the jets need requires more than 1 impact player. 2nd rounders are also impact players. That list I made has plenty of talent. Suggesting that we trade back a few spots is not some horrible idea which will leave us with no talented players to choose from. This is known to be a draft that is thin with top 10 talent but very deep. If our options at 9 include warmack Jarvis jones and tavon Austin I'd rather trade back a few and pick from cooper mingo and Patterson. (Simplistic argument)

the problem is our best player in 50 years is a damn cb in the salary cap era and is going to be demanding a salary that will be cap killing for a team that doesn't have the necessary parts for it to make any sense at all to pay a cb that much money. cb is not a position that you shoudl devote so much cap space to, imo. it just doesn't make enough of an impact on the field. and the impact it does make is easily nullified by just avoiding that receiver or a strong running game. no revis and we still had the number 6 defense despite our offense continually putting our defense on the field on short rest and short fields.

I'm not proving your point, you are missing mine. We need a lot more than a probowler on this team. If we were San Fran I'd say yes let's get some first rounders in here to get us over the hump. Long term building, which is what the jets need requires more than 1 impact player. 2nd rounders are also impact players. That list I made has plenty of talent. Suggesting that we trade back a few spots is not some horrible idea which will leave us with no talented players to choose from. This is known to be a draft that is thin with top 10 talent but very deep. If our options at 9 include warmack Jarvis jones and tavon Austin I'd rather trade back a few and pick from cooper mingo and Patterson. (Simplistic argument)

no i get your point and i am actually inclined to agree that we should be trying to stockpile picks in the first 2 rounds since we really do need an influx of young talent. but if there is a guy at 9 who we really need and want i do not think we should trade back just for the hell of it and not take him.

If Geno is legit, yes.   If Geno is what a lot of people think and an overhyped good college QB who probably won't be a great NFL QB, then not even close.  It's always about the QB.   Look at the Bucs.  The assumption is with Revis they should be something special.  But if Freeman sucks again,  they are going to be a 8-8 team.  Maybe.

Even with the way Freeman played, with Revis, they would have finished 10-6 at minimum. They got Goldson, if they get Revis and a healthy Carl Nicks/Davin Joseph back, they have a chance to be very good. Especially since the ball won't be in Freeman's hands to try and win a game. They will have a monster running game, a beast catching passes out of the backfield and one of the best WR corps in football with Jackson and Williams. If they draft a TE, watch out. Their biggest issue last year was being in shootouts because of a horrendous secondary. No longer, not with Goldson, Barron in his 2nd year and Revis.

most importantly : idk how else for you to get this tell me your plan for the jets to become contenders ASAP.

I really don't get why you keep making a scene about this as if I haven't answered this question. It's really annoying. It's asked in every Revis thread to me, and even before it was asked I was laying out how I would do it. I've answered it in this thread with similar detail to what you offered in your master plan.

THEN AGAIN, I'm talking to a guy who thinks Geno Smith (no Revis trade necessary) and a G (Revis compensation) will have us right in the game sooooo...yah.

the problem is our best player in 50 years is a damn cb in the salary cap era and is going to be demanding a salary that will be cap killingfor a team that doesn't have the necessary parts for it to make any sense at all to pay a cb that much money. cb is not a position that you shoudl devote so much cap space to, imo. it just doesn't make enough of

an impact on the field. and the impact it does make is easily nullified by just avoiding that receiver or a strong running game. no revis and westill had the number 6 defense despite our offense continually putting our defense on the field on short rest and short fields.

Couple of things:

1. I need "is going to be demanding a salary that will be a cap killing" to become an actual fact rather than something I am forced to keep running into when I read JN.

2. I don't get how making an offense avoid it's top pass catcher is not making an impact. No one has ever really stated why either in any kind of reasonable context. Guys get sacks and offenses still score. Might as well not even pay for a defense - nothing defenses do really stops teams from scoring nowadays. Weirdly enough the team with that non-impact corner happens to be the best team against the pass over the past 4 years, happens to be one of the hardest to score on over the past 4 years....all in an age where the league basically spots a competent QB 30 points and 250 yards through the air.

the problem is our best player in 50 years is a damn cb in the salary cap era and is going to be demanding a salary that will be cap killing for a team that doesn't have the necessary parts for it to make any sense at all to pay a cb that much money. cb is not a position that you shoudl devote so much cap space to, imo. it just doesn't make enough of an impact on the field. and the impact it does make is easily nullified by just avoiding that receiver or a strong running game. no revis and we still had the number 6 defense despite our offense continually putting our defense on the field on short rest and short fields.

Agreed. (No geno though!)

no i get your point and i am actually inclined to agree that we should be trying to stockpile picks in the first 2 rounds since we really do need an influx of young talent. but if there is a guy at 9 who we really need and want i do not think we should trade back just for the hell of it and not take him.

I agree. Ansah is the guy I'd want more than anyone in this draft and if he's there at 9 I'd certainly want to grab him. Longest 3 weeks of all time. I can't take it anymore.

I really don't get why you keep making a scene about this as if I haven't answered this question. It's really annoying. It's asked in every Revis thread to me, and even before it was asked I was laying out how I would do it.

THEN AGAIN, I'm talking to a guy who thinks Geno Smith and a G will have us right in the game sooooo...yah.

your avoiding it. I asked you either link or to where you posted it or spell it out again. A man/women with your mental acuity shouldnt have a problem laying out your plan in a paragraph or two.

All the time youve been whining is double the time you could have just wrote an answer to my question. I dont think you have one though

your plan is bad because i dont see a plan. The worst kind

your avoiding it.

No, I'm not. I've answered it. I've answered it many times before. I've answered it in this thread with the same level of detail you laid your master plan after you returned from inside Mr. Idzik's mind. Remember how clear that was? Geno Smith + G + offensive FA = Bang for buck. I did the same. Revis + Good drafts without giving up draft picks for extension candidates = actual 5 year plan for the organization. This is particularly doable with the new CBA's rookie cap.

Guess where the team will be finding it's next QB? Cost controlled through the draft for at least 5 years.

Guess where the team will be finding a big money pass rusher? YEP, cost controlled through the draft.

Guess where the team will be finding a G? If you said "probably not in the first round, but definitely in the draft" then you are probably correct. "Cheap FA" would also be acceptable ala Goodwin for the Saints and then 49ers or Bass for the Giants.

Guess where the team will be finding a stud WR to go with the draft QB? That's ******* right, the cost controlled draft.

Guess where the next big Jets RB is coming from? Once again, the cost controlled draft.

Guess how the Jets replaced their last top defensive player traded? They didn't.

Guess how the last team who traded away an elite defensive player in their prime replaced him? They waded through a decade of losing and being a running joke, eventually traded for a QB, rode him to the playoffs once, and now are hoping he's healthy enough to do it again.

Anyway, if I'm supposed to sit here and spoon feed you this sh*t - again - then please take the time and come up with a real explanation how Geno Smith + G + Offensive FA = Bang for Buck Contender. Maybe throw something in about why I should give half a **** about the team being efficiently built to win rather than just built to win.

I really don't get why you keep making a scene about this as if I haven't answered this question. It's really annoying. It's asked in every Revis thread to me, and even before it was asked I was laying out how I would do it. I've answered it in this thread with similar detail to what you offered in your master plan.

THEN AGAIN, I'm talking to a guy who thinks Geno Smith (no Revis trade necessary) and a G (Revis compensation) will have us right in the game sooooo...yah.

Couple of things:

1. I need "is going to be demanding a salary that will be a cap killing" to become an actual fact rather than something I am forced to keep running into when I read JN.

2. I don't get how making an offense avoid it's top pass catcher is not making an impact. No one has ever really stated why either in any kind of reasonable context. Guys get sacks and offenses still score. Might as well not even pay for a defense - nothing defenses do really stops teams from scoring nowadays. Weirdly enough the team with that non-impact corner happens to be the best team against the pass over the past 4 years, happens to be one of the hardest to score on over the past 4 years....all in an age where the league basically spots a competent QB 30 points and 250 yards through the air.

Are you saying we keep Revis, see how the knee works out and then try to resign him? Or are you saying that we lock him up to an extension right now? How much are you willing to pay him? How's his knee doing? How was the pass defense last year without him?

No, I'm not. I've answered it. I've answered it many times before. I've answered it in this thread with the same level of detail you laid your master plan after you returned from inside Mr. Idzik's mind. Remember how clear that was? Geno Smith + G + offensive FA = Bang for buck. I did the same. Revis + Good drafts without giving up draft picks for extension candidates = actual 5 year plan for the organization. This is particularly doable with the new CBA's rookie cap.

Guess where the team will be finding it's next QB? Cost controlled through the draft for at least 5 years.

Guess where the team will be finding a big money pass rusher? YEP, cost controlled through the draft.

Guess how the Jets replaced their last top defensive player traded? They didn't.

And there is John Abraham with all of his Super Bowl rings, don't forget that.

And there is John Abraham with all of his Super Bowl rings, don't forget that.

Ty Law and Charles Woodson have more rings than Abraham, though admittedly they were non-impact guys just along for the ride. If anything they hurt the team by making money that could have been used to.pay another Gaffney or James Jones, real difference makers.

I'm.sure Abraham is jelly of.all the rings.the Jets have picked up since.

i feel like we could make geno a system qb at its finest.

Stack the o line give him plenty of time and the RBs giant holes and i think wed be good.Im not thinking saint or GB offense but Of course im counting on the defense being legit too

Yes I agree.  With the right coaches and players around him he could be a efficient QB for the Jets. Maybe not a great QB but would fill the position nicely.  At the same time, I don't know if I would want to spend my #9 pick on a QB who i didn't confidently feel was going to be a great QB for us. I'm not saying he has to be Aaron Rodgers but at least pro bowl caliber. 

Yes I agree.  With the right coaches and players around him he could be a efficient QB for the Jets. Maybe not a great QB but would fill the position nicely.  At the same time, I don't know if I would want to spend my #9 pick on a QB who i didn't confidently feel was going to be a great QB for us. I'm not saying he has to be Aaron Rodgers but at least pro bowl caliber. 

yea i feel you. Thats a worry of mine too. I think he could be a couple of time pro bowler later in his career but not an automatic guy like brady or the other elite guys. For how important qb play is now I think getting geno (who i think will be solid) at 9 is pretty great. I believe people are comparing him to luck and rg3 which is good for us because he will fall to us. To get an a really great qb its good to have a top 3 pick but this year the best qb in the draft may drop all the way to 9 which is amazing for us

Guess where the team will be finding a G? If you said "probably not in the first round, but definitely in the draft" then you are probably correct. "Cheap FA" would also be acceptable ala Goodwin for the Saints and then 49ers or Bass for the Giants.

Guess where the team will be finding a stud WR to go with the draft QB? That's ******* right, the cost controlled draft.

Guess where the next big Jets RB is coming from? Once again, the cost controlled draft.

Guess how the last team who traded away an elite defensive player in their prime replaced him? They waded through a decade of losing and being a running joke, eventually traded for a QB, rode him to the playoffs once, and now are hoping he's healthy enough to do it again.

Anyway, if I'm supposed to sit here and spoon feed you this sh*t - again - then please take the time and come up with a real explanation how Geno Smith + G + Offensive FA = Bang for Buck Contender. Maybe throw something in about why I should give half a **** about the team being efficiently built to win rather than just built to win.

read my post last time i told you why i think geno and a G plus offensive FA would make the team good. In short Bigger offensive improvement then defensive decrease.

Who are these good draft picks you want? Unnamed players coming in years from now? Its to general everyone wants good drafts lemme hear some specifics.

Edit: wait are you showing me a 5 year plan? I thought you didnt believe in rebuilding but if your arguing a 5 year plan i think you read my posts wrong im not arguing that at all

yea i feel you. Thats a worry of mine too. I think he could be a couple of time pro bowler later in his career but not an automatic guy like brady or the other elite guys. For how important qb play is now I think getting geno (who i think will be solid) at 9 is pretty great. I believe people are comparing him to luck and rg3 which is good for us because he will fall to us. To get an a really great qb its good to have a top 3 pick but this year the best qb in the draft may drop all the way to 9 which is amazing for us

Well lets put it this way, if I hear us draft Geno at #9 I wont be throwing the remote control at the wall like I did when I heard us draft Sanchez at #5. 

Well lets put it this way, if I hear us draft Geno at #9 I wont be throwing the remote control at the wall like I did when I heard us draft Sanchez at #5. 

On the same note, if I hear us trade Revis on draft day, the remote is going thru the TV

Archived