***Official JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here was my thought process:

I went into the draft thinking I'd take either Dion Jordan or Jarvis Jones. Obviously, they were both off the board.

That left three guys: Patterson, Star, and Geno Smith. I acknowledge that Star was BAP, but I don't think Idzik (a businessman) would dedicate even more resources to a position group already populated with young first rounders in Coples and Wilkerson.

Geno Smith was my next consideration, but I still believe that the Jets will have a top-five pick in 2014 and they'll be in better position to pinch a QB next year.

That left Patterson, who adds value to a position group that is a virtual desert right now. I don't think Holmes will rush back from his lisfranc injury (If he appears in six games next year, I'll be shocked). Stephen Hill is a three-year project, and a niche player even then. Kerley is a nifty slot guy, but isn't keeping defensive coordinators up at night.

More talent was desperately needed, and I got it.

Patterson is a little raw, but he's a freak catch-and-run athlete with the ability to make plays by himself. High catch rate, blazing speed, good size, and incredible RAC ability make him a great prospect.

The Jets offense is putrid and desperately needs playmakers. Patterson can do a lot of the things that Victor Cruz does for the Giants.

Who would you have taken? Mingo? He's plummeted on a bunch of mocks recently FWIW.

Yeah. Ideally you trade down with someone with a boner for a DT or QB but we're not doing trades here. I suppose I'm okay with the pick but there are WRs I think that will be better than Patterson and I'm not in love with Mingo or Ansah. Too early for Eifert, so you had to go WR. I'm out of the boat of going OG so, I guess you did okay. Just not what I had hoped for. Such is the Jets.

Yeah. Ideally you trade down with someone with a boner for a DT or QB but we're not doing trades here. I suppose I'm okay with the pick but there are WRs I think that will be better than Patterson and I'm not in love with Mingo or Ansah. Too early for Eifert, so you had to go WR. I'm out of the boat of going OG so, I guess you did okay. Just not what I had hoped for. Such is the Jets.

Weird first round so far. I was convinced I was going to be able to pick up one of Jordan or Jarvis Jones. But, alas.

Weird first round so far. I was convinced I was going to be able to pick up one of Jordan or Jarvis Jones. But, alas.

I've seen Jones fall further than Mingo, so what actually will happen is anyone's guess. Jax will make or break a lot of boards and the Raiders are always a crap shoot.

Who would you have taken? Mingo? He's plummeted on a bunch of mocks recently FWIW.

i woulda took star (cause he isgoing to be amazing) or geno (because i dont see anyone i love / dont think we will be in top 5 picks next year)

I think we coulda got patterson at 13 with the revis pick

I've seen Jones fall further than Mingo, so what actually will happen is anyone's guess. Jax will make or break a lot of boards and the Raiders are always a crap shoot.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more Geno Smith to Philly rumors. He'd be a natural fit in that Chip Kelly offense.

RE: Jones--there's no way he's a 4.9/40 guy. He's way too quick around the corner to be that slow. I think he goes top-15 at worst. Way too much production to fall.

i woulda took star (cause he isgoing to be amazing) or geno (because i dont see anyone i love / dont think we will be in top 5 picks next year)

I think we coulda got patterson at 13 with the revis pick

Three consecutive #1 picks on the DL, though?

Where were you when the Browns were on the clock? It was Dee Miller or trade down to select Warmack/Cooper or if I couldn't trade then pick Jones. I would of gladly traded out pick for a 4th rounder to select Cooper.

Archived