***Official JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reasons behind the two choices:

Tavon Austin to the Cowboys:

Jerry being Jerry and liking shiny things. He gave a sh*t-ton of money to Tony Romo, and now he needs Romo to become worthy of that contract. Austin can be a star playing next to Witten and Dez Bryant, and with Miles Austin in semi-retirement, another weapon is needed.

The Giants picking Ogletree is a risk, but the Giants defense was painfully slow last year, especially at linebacker. Ogletree moves like a safety, which will help against RGIII, as well as Chip Kelly's spread offense. It hurt not to give Eli Manning a new toy in Tyler Eifert, but Eli makes every TE he plays with look like a stud.

Reasons behind the two choices:

Tavon Austin to the Cowboys:

Jerry being Jerry and liking shiny things. He gave a sh*t-ton of money to Tony Romo, and now he needs Romo to become worthy of that contract. Austin can be a star playing next to Witten and Dez Bryant, and with Miles Austin in semi-retirement, another weapon is needed.

it's actually not a crazy pick, considering the comments by jason Garrett about Miles Austin. 

The Giants picking Ogletree is a risk, but the Giants defense was painfully slow last year, especially at linebacker. Ogletree moves like a safety, which will help against RGIII, as well as Chip Kelly's spread offense. It hurt not to give Eli Manning a new toy in Tyler Eifert, but Eli makes every TE he plays with look like a stud.

The giants won't pick a linebacker unless he can pass rush. but they won't pick eifert either, they just signed Brandon Myers *(who was actually awesome last year with Oakland)*

I'll give JC until 4, then I'll make his pick.

If anyone thinks they're not going to be around to make their selection during the day, just PM Hess a ranked list of five dudes you'd draft in your slot.

What if I've already been periodically PMing Hess ranked lists of dudes?

The giants won't pick a linebacker unless he can pass rush. but they won't pick eifert either, they just signed Brandon Myers *(who was actually awesome last year with Oakland)*

They played Michael Boley and Keith Rivers there last year, and neither of those guys rush. Kiwanuka is going back to full-time DE, so it's definitely a need. They supposedly have the inside track on Rolando McClain, too.

They played Michael Boley and Keith Rivers there last year, and neither of those guys rush. Kiwanuka is going back to full-time DE, so it's definitely a need. They supposedly have the inside track on Rolando McClain, too.

I agree they need a backer I just dont think it's a 1st round pick for that team. Historically they draft pass rushers. 

I agree they need a backer I just dont think it's a 1st round pick for that team. Historically they draft pass rushers.

Pass rushing DEs, sure. But they get exposed when a team figures out how to hold up that rush. Backfield speed destroys the Giants defense every time.

Would have rather had Austin for the Rams and if I was going for a different WR would have preferred a later guy.  Didn't seem like too much logical for the Rams there.  Might have been better off going for Austin and hoping Cooper, Ogletree, Fluker or Vaccaro dropped. Fluker is probably the one I like the least.  I know who I should have picked, but .... oh well. 

Would have rather had Austin for the Rams and if I was going for a different WR would have preferred a later guy. Didn't seem like too much logical for the Rams there. Might have been better off going for Austin and hoping Cooper, Ogletree, Fluker or Vaccaro dropped. Fluker is probably the one I like the least. I know who I should have picked, but .... oh well.

Both picks make a lot of sense, IMO.

I thought you should have picked Teo with the 1st pick then Allen with the next not that it matters now but the Colts can give strong consideration in picking Te'o. But good decision by DMC in going with Sheldon Williams or what would of been a better scheme fit in Jones from UCLA.

Archived