Yahoo: Bucs offer 1st, 3rd, 6th for Revis; to pay him $15m-$16m

T0mShane

This is too low for Revis.  The other 30 teams should be required by Goodell to make better offers than this.  It is not possible that 30 teams aren't willing to surrender at least a couple of first round picks for Revis because that's clearly what he's worth.

The Jets should trade Revis for a bag of potato chips. Cause Revis is a team cancer and any team that employs him won't win Super Bowl. Revis has never won a Super Bowl therefore they should trade him for whatever they can get. Because he could walk for Nothing! OMG

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets should trade Revis for a bag of potato chips. Cause Revis is a team cancer and any team that employs him won't win Super Bowl. Revis has never won a Super Bowl therefore they should trade him for whatever they can get. Because he could walk for Nothing! OMG

Because this is exactly what people ok with trading him are saying.  Trade him for a bag of potato chips.  Totally that.

I still don't have an answer from the "keep Revis at all costs" crowd as to why we aren't fighting away competing offers from other teams, and instead we're desperately trying to get the one interested team to give us a mid-first round pick in a comparatively weak draft.

Why aren't many teams offering first rounders (or multiple first rounders, as he's supposedly worth)? And come up with a better answer than the weak "How do you know that isn't happening?" silliness.

I'd offer Revis 6 years/$70 mil with $15 mil guarantehahahaHAHAHAHAHAgahagshahshahaha

You are drifting towards the reality of Mevi$'s next deal.  No matter how fat the publicized numbers or length of the contract, he will wind up with something like $25 million guaranteed.  This will set the stage for his next holdout or his new team cutting him loose.

A first, third, and sixth is more like two bags of chips.

I dont see a single thing desperate about what the Cubs arr doing. The only people speaking desperately are the one who consider trading him the only reasonable route. Not even the Jets are thinking like that, and they are not usually so willing to bend.

If it's a bag of chips, why aren't teams pushing each other out of the way to get him so cheaply?

Only a few Jets fans know Revis's true trade value.  None of the 32 NFL GMs have a clue or know as much.

Notice how the Jets...haven't said yes. I assume that is a factor in all this.

Idzik seems to agree with those few Jet fans so far, it seems. Many on here would have traded him back when the offer was a 2nd...cause they sure do know value.

Because this is exactly what people ok with trading him are saying.  Trade him for a bag of potato chips.  Totally that.

I still don't have an answer from the "keep Revis at all costs" crowd as to why we aren't fighting away competing offers from other teams, and instead we're desperately trying to get the one interested team to give us a mid-first round pick in a comparatively weak draft.

Why aren't many teams offering first rounders (or multiple first rounders, as he's supposedly worth)? And come up with a better answer than the weak "How do you know that isn't happening?" silliness.

the answer is because of his ACL injury. If the Jets hold on to Revis and re-open the trade market after a few weeks of regular season dominance from Revis, they will have multiple suitors. The deadline of the draft is artificial and when you set artificial deadlines you are screwed in this league.

This is too low for Revis.  The other 30 teams should be required by Goodell to make better offers than this.  It is not possible that 30 teams aren't willing to surrender at least a couple of first round picks for Revis because that's clearly what he's worth.

If Revis demanded only 10mil per season, we'd see 31 teams lining up with two first rounders and the Jets would still reject all of them. Biggest issue is the price tag, about the only reason why Jets are willing to trade him away.

Idzik seems to agree with those few Jet fans so far, it seems. Many on here would have traded him back when the offer was a 2nd...cause they sure do know value.

For someone who seems to want to have a pulse on so many different people (entities), you sure don't have the pulse on this site.

I challenge you to name and show  5 posters on this site that claim a #2 pick alone was proper return. Have at it, since "many" said it.

For someone who seems to want to have a pulse on so many different people (entities), you sure don't have the pulse on this site.

I challenge you to name and show  5 posters on this site that claim a #2 pick alone was proper return. Have at it, since "many" said it.

Maybe the guys name was Many.

My source for that was very familiar with the thinking of JN. 

If Revis demanded only 10mil per season, we'd see 31 teams lining up with two first rounders and the Jets would still reject all of them. Biggest issue is the price tag, about the only reason why Jets are willing to trade him away.

Of course; this is my point.  If his demands were that low we wouldn't be moving him in the first place.  But his demands are not that low.  So why is re-signing him such a great idea for the Jets when no one else (except possibly Tampa) is willing to?

If many here would have traded him for a 2nd it's only if that was the top offer we could get, yes that would be better than the alternative, since Woody isn't re-signing him.  It beats keeping him for 1 more year and then get the #97 overall pick in 2015?

the answer is because of his ACL injury. If the Jets hold on to Revis and re-open the trade market after a few weeks of regular season dominance from Revis, they will have multiple suitors. The deadline of the draft is artificial and when you set artificial deadlines you are screwed in this league.

So why is it smart for the Jets to re-sign him for whatever he asks but not so smart for others?

He is worth what he is worth.  Other teams could also pick him up for this bargain price, hold on to him while his trade value goes up, and then flip him for a nice (trade) profit or extend him themselves.  But we have, at best, one taker.  

Why?  Why is it smart for the Jets to hold him while his trade value soars but no other team thinks it's so smart for them to do it?

Both of you need to accept that his trade value is not as high as you think.  Not for the kind of money he wants. 

Alright it probably wasn't many and I'm too lazy to look in Revis threads to find one. My source, Person Familiar with JN's Thinking, may have been wrong on this one. I doubt it THO since People Familiar with the Thinking of are usually really reliable. 

If many here would have traded him for a 2nd it's only if that was the top offer we could get, yes that would be better than the alternative, since Woody isn't re-signing him.  It beats keeping him for 1 more year and then get the #97 overall pick in 2015?

My source says that Woody would resign him after a tough negotiation to make the contract worthwhile for both side. 

I would still keep him. 

My source said HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHSAA SIX YEARS HAHAHAHA MY SO...MY SOURCE...OMG HAHAGAHAFA JARED ALLENHAHAhahahsaga

My source said your source has been taking the D from you and that has an influence on what he tells you. My source said he whispered that into your ear while your face was in the pillow. 

Both of you need to accept that his trade value is not as high as you think.  Not for the kind of money he wants. 

Ross Tucker was on Florio's show and said that several coaches told him, if they were gonna start an NFL defense he'd be the guy you pick. That guy is a former player and presumably knows NFL coaches. 

you keep asking why his trade value is Percy Harvin level (or more)?

the answer is the tape. Go back and take a look at his career and his play on the field.

So many threads are about his hold outs or his salary cap. He's a baller. He's the 2nd best Jet, ever and if they trade him, it's gonna be a huge task to replace him.

The ACL is the only thing that hurts his value why they don't have more suitors or what-have-you. 

I trust that Idzik hit on Richard Sherman but and  he's probably got some more 5th round sleepers all ready to go. THat's the only fact that makes this less than a total disaster. Overall i'll be bummed when it happens cause Revis is talented and picks are just picks.  

Ross Tucker was on Florio's show and said that several coaches told him, if they were gonna start an NFL defense he'd be the guy you pick. That guy is a former player and presumably knows NFL coaches. 

the answer is the tape. Go back and take a look at his career and his play on the field.

So many threads are about his hold outs or his salary cap. He's a baller. He's the 2nd best Jet, ever and if they trade him, it's gonna be a huge task to replace him.

The ACL is the only thing that hurts his value why they don't have more suitors or what-have-you. 

I trust that Idzik hit on Richard Sherman but and  he's probably got some more 5th round sleepers all ready to go. THat's the only fact that makes this less than a total disaster. Overall i'll be bummed when it happens cause Revis is talented and picks are just picks.  

Joe Klecko had more of an impact as a Jet than Revis ever did. 

Joe Klecko had more of an impact as a Jet than Revis ever did. 

Even if Revis is the best Jet since Klecko that's 30 years. YOu basically just admitted he's the best Jet for 3 decades. 

btw I love Joe Klecko but he wasn't even the best pass rusher on his team at the time.  and this is a spurious line of argument anyway. he's Revis he's a 3x All Pro at the age of 27, he's worth more than Percy Harvin. 

Well it just so happens to be that an ACL injury is pretty devastating.  For every Adrian Peterson-like recovery, there's a dozen players who's recovery isn't even close.  It's nowhere near the death sentence it used to be, but if it weren't so risky, Tampa wouldn't be the only team interested.  His tape is pre-injury and even then he wasn't worth 16 mill. Combine his holdouts, his injury and his contract demands and you can see why his value is so low.

Even if Revis is the best Jet since Klecko that's 30 years. YOu basically just admitted he's the best Jet for 3 decades. 

btw I love Joe Klecko but he wasn't even the best pass rusher on his team at the time.  and this is a spurious line of argument anyway. he's Revis he's a 3x All Pro at the age of 27, he's worth more than Percy Harvin. 

I don't think anyone is questioning how good of a CB Revis is.   I think the thought is that given the Jets lack of a franchise QB and how many holes they have across the roster it doesn't really make much sense to tie up 12% of the salary cap in 1 player.    Especially when that one player has very little value against the #1 divisional rival.   

It also makes a lot of sense to trade him to team in the NFC so the Jets only see him once every 4 years in lieu of letting him pick his home in free agency.  

From a business/mgmt standpoint its more than clear what should be done with Revis. As long as a fair offer was given to him which benefits both him and the Jets and an agreement wasn't met... than its clear you should trade him bc the likely hood of him agreeing to contract with you next year is just as unlikely. Why would any GM/owner risk ending up with nothing next year when they could get picks for him now...i can completely agree to that from a bus/mgmt perspective...but from strictly a fan standpoint, it blows...who want see to the only thing they can currently be proud of with their team be traded away for rookies....rookies that may not amount to be half of what Revis was....i like seeing my team win and compete now so its hard to look ahead w the Revis compensation from just a fan perspective. Its truly a torn situation for me bc I'm looking at both sides here....but ultimately i just want to win a damn Superbowl already so you can put Revis at qb for all i care...

I don't think anyone is questioning how good of a CB Revis is.   I think the thought is that given the Jets lack of a franchise QB and how many holes they have across the roster it doesn't really make much sense to tie up 12% of the salary cap in 1 player.    Especially when that one player has very little value against the #1 divisional rival.   

It also makes a lot of sense to trade him to team in the NFC so the Jets only see him once every 4 years in lieu of letting him pick his home in free agency.  

i agree with all of that but the other side of it is that if Mark Sanchez was great they wouldn't trade Revis? it just makes me more mad at Mark. 

Well it just so happens to be that an ACL injury is pretty devastating.  For every Adrian Peterson-like recovery, there's a dozen players who's recovery isn't even close.  It's nowhere near the death sentence it used to be, but if it weren't so risky, Tampa wouldn't be the only team interested.  His tape is pre-injury and even then he wasn't worth 16 mill. Combine his holdouts, his injury and his contract demands and you can see why his value is so low.

If it was so risky?? Injury or not, what teams are in the position to give up value picks as well as structure a contract within the books suitable to pay Revis close to what he wants? This post overall just screams anti-Revis.

No.  His desire to be paid more like a QB then a CB regardless of the market and his propensity to get the money then hold for more must be a factor.  How could it not be?

You do realize that before Revis was Revis he was also a pick?  Right?

You refer to Idzik as risk averse over and over again, and then propose he do the riskiest thing possible in regards to Revis. First, there is a much stronger likelihood that Revis starts 2013 off slow rather than dominant coming off the ACL. Second, rosters will be set at that time. Potential suitors (like the Bucs) will have drafted a CB, and/or spent their money elsewhere. And really, there just are not a lot of in season trades in the NFL.

The deadline of the draft is very real, because that's generally the last opportunity to get anything back that will help your team this year. Idzik is rumored to be holding out for the #13 this year. He wants something now for Revis if/when he trades him, not just future considerations.

Archived