Yahoo: Bucs offer 1st, 3rd, 6th for Revis; to pay him $15m-$16m

T0mShane

it's true. if Idzik accepts less than a 2013 1st, the tabloids will skewer him. And rightfully so. It's friggin revis. 

Well of course dorks like you and I who spend way too much time dissecting every Jets move will know.  I'm talking about the other 95% of Jet fans who can't name the RB, G, or DT that Idzik signed.

tiger-woods-nike.jpg?w=635&h=411

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I brought his football card to my friend the witch doctor next door and he told me, "Revis will never win anything. His lust and greed will thus prevent him from ever reaching any other goal in life."  

Then he said, "Ooh eee, ooh-ah-ah, ting, tang, walla-walla bing-bang."

Cimini

#Jets demanding Bucs' first-round pick for Revis, but Bucs GM indecisive, per Tampa Bay Times. Bucs' loose deadline is 1 wk before draft.

Mehta

RT @ProFootballTalk: Bucs are willing to give up a 2013 first-round pick for Revis, but the Jets want a lot more

Tampa Bay beater Rick Straud says the Bucs are the hold up, haven't offered their 2013 1 as per PFT report. 

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/revis-trade-held-up-only-by-bucs-indecision-to-deal-13th-pick/2113880

Now we know who Mehta's sources are.

Seriously if i was allowed to drown one JETS beat writer it would be Mehta. A couple of seasons ago it would have been Cimini!

Shoot.  A witch doctor?  Man.  Maybe we should all rethink this thing.  I'm agraid of witches and doctors.  Now witches are becoming doctors.  Where will the madness end?  If they get spiders involved then Revis will have to go.  That's where I draws the line.

I feel like you don't believe me...

the problem with 2014 draft picks is the Jets are losing their best player in 2013. And there will be 8 home games, despite all the "season is already over" gloom and doom. If they don't get a high pick this year, screw em. He's a 27 y.o 3x All Pro for christs sake. 

the biggest concern for the 8 home games should be what happens when Sanchez throws his first pick 6 of the season.   

Jet fans have been waiting for a winner for 40+ years.   It clearly isn't going to happen in the next season or 2.   if Idzik can rebuild the franchise in the next 2 seasons and make this team competitive for the long haul then I am all for moving Revis.   

I much prefer the thought of Revis being a Jet for life.  That seems impossible if those are the contract demands\expectations.

If they can get the #13 overall this year, they have to take this deal.  The #13 plus a 3rd rounder is even better.  That would give the Jets 3 picks in the top 40 or so.  You walk away with 3 starters and things start to look less depressing!

The way this entire thing is playing out, it's almost a foregone conclusion the Jets want Revis gone.   There has been nothing positive from Revis's camp or the Jets camp when it comes to these two sides working together.   You have the Jets 'forcing' Revis to come to their voluntary workouts.   Revis's side isn't talking about hashing out some long term deal.  Nobody on the Jets is leaking info about  a deal.    You would think if the Jets were trying to sign Revis long term, they'd leak it and a team like the Bucs, if desperate,  would give up everything they could to steal him away.

All that's coming out is an obvious relationship problem.  Revis said he wants to be a Jet for life, but speaks about it being a business and helping the 49ers win. He speaks about being shocked.

The only person who came out saying Revis would never be traded was Rex, and Rex is considered a lame duck coach who has no say in anything these days.

It's really like watching a bad marriage end but neither party is saying anything or revealing anything but everybody knows it's about to end.  He's a free agent after this season,  so the fact conversation is only about trades and no long term deal kind of tells you what the Jets think. 

Yeah we're totally resigning him so save up so you can help Woody get by!

i love how you completely disregard the salary cap. Its not how much he costs to woody its how much he costs to the cap. Woody is spending the money with or without revis

Why on earth would you want to resign him for 15 or 16m

i love how you completely disregard the salary cap. Its not how much he costs to woody its how much he costs to the cap. Woody is spending the money with or without revis

Why on earth would you want to resign him for 15 or 16m

He's really, really, really, really, really good at his job relative to everyone else in the league. 15-16 is the rumored Bucs price according to anonymous versions of IncarceratedBob.

Jets thinking here

Media brainwashing project is targeted for here

It's only science.

He's really, really, really, really, really good at his job relative to everyone else in the league. 15-16 is the rumored Bucs price according to anonymous versions of IncarceratedBob.

Jets thinking here

Media brainwashing project is targeted for here

It's only science.

It all makes sense

You know more about football then the people that get paid for knowing about football.

The media is a lie so the exact opposite of what the media says must be true. Revis is gonna sign with us for 8m

You know more about football then the people that get paid for knowing about football.

The people paid for knowing football have yet to trade the elite player for a mid-1st, a 3rd, and a 6th.

The media is a lie so the exact opposite of what the media says must be true. Revis is gonna sign with us for 8m

Nope, going to be higher than 8 million probably.

It is hard to read about the New York Jets lately without seeing a Darrelle Revis trade rumor.  The current version has the Tampa Bay Bucs unsure if they are willing to include their 1st rounder (13th overall).  The Jets are reportedly insisting that the Bucs include their 1st rounder, or there will be no deal.  New GM John Idzik will face intense scrutiny if he trades Revis without getting a 1st rounder in return.  If Idzik has the 9th and 13th picks in the first round, he can add two starters and speed up his rebuilding efforts.

Rich Cimini wrote:

The Jets won’t trade Darrelle Revis to the Bucs unless the compensation package includes the Bucs’ first-round draft pick (13th overall), the Tampa Bay Times reported Monday.

Jets GM John Idzik made that clear to the Bucs’ front office, according to the newspaper, which said GM Mark Dominick is hedging on whether to offer the pick.

PFT brings up a good point, Revis will have to pass a physical before the trade can be finalized.  So don’t expect any draft day deals while a team is on the clock.

Here is a discussion thread from the JN forums with fan reaction.

The people paid for knowing football have yet to trade the elite player for a mid-1st, a 3rd, and a 6th.

Nope, going to be higher than 8 million probably.

doesnt make you more right then they are.

More then 8m 10m would be pushing it otherwise hes not worth it

I'd offer Revis 6 years/$70 mil with $15 mil guarantehahahaHAHAHAHAHAgahagshahshahaha

As usual, not an exact quote but the new truth.

A person familiar with Idzik's thinking said he would still listen around that number. That person was familiar with his thinking.

Sources familiar to other teams' thinking cite a fear of rejection. The jets are being meany and saying no to anything but the best deal possible for a prime player. Familiar w/ Their Thinking says he should be cheap to acquire and the Jets are ruining the collusion process by treating a CB like they actually do anything. Says other teams don't think hes worth multiple firsts because you just avoid throwing to your best pass catcher that day to win.

Archived