Jets | Geno Smith to visit

FoxJet

Sanchez went to 2 straight AFC Championship games....I believe the jury is still out on Wilson...

That's a dumb comparison when Sanchez has never had a statistical year that approaches anything close to what Wilson did last year.  Even if Wilson regresses instead of improves like you would expect, he has still out paced his draft status.

That's a dumb comparison when Sanchez has never had a statistical year that approaches anything close to what Wilson did last year.  Even if Wilson regresses instead of improves like you would expect, he has still out paced his draft status.

Not comparing stats here, but expectations. Look at Marino's career...

You're not drafting Geno Smith for the short term. In fact, I'd rather Sanchez started for a half season so he can get his head beat in while Rex tries to eke out eight wins.

Eli Manning has said that sitting for half a season instead of starting at the beginning of his first season ended up hurting him.  And the guy he sat behind was Kurt Warner.

Sometimes it's better to put the guy in from the get-go, be patient while he makes his inevitable mistakes and let him grow into the job.

Eli Manning has said that sitting for half a season instead of starting at the beginning of his first season ended up hurting him.  And the guy he sat behind was Kurt Warner.

Sometimes it's better to put the guy in from the get-go, be patient while he makes his inevitable mistakes and let him grow into the job.

Let's be honest, he's said that because of how God awful he was his rookie year.  There's plenty of QBs out there who have given credit to their time on the bench for helping their performance.  The reality is that it likely depends on the person and it's up to the team to properly evaluate the situation and determine what's best for both the player and the team overall.

people bring up Russell Wilson as an example of how a 3rd round QB can be awesome... well we should remember that the year as a whole was strong.

Luck, RG3, tannehill, Weeden, Foles, Cousins, Osweiler and Ryan Lindley were the drafted QBs. It was a really strong year. 

This year is an absolute s--t show for QB's. It's a great year for OL and pass rushers it would seem. 

by the way the year Sanchez was picked was also a really weak QB year. Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Stephen McGee, Pat White, Curtis Painter was the class. 

i'd rather have the 6th best QB in a strong year than the 1st QB in a weak year. 

people bring up Russell Wilson as an example of how a 3rd round QB can be awesome... well we should remember that the year as a whole was strong.

Luck, RG3, tannehill, Weeden, Foles, Cousins, Osweiler and Ryan Lindley were the drafted QBs. It was a really strong year. 

This year is an absolute s--t show for QB's. It's a great year for OL and pass rushers it would seem. 

by the way the year Sanchez was picked was also a really weak QB year. Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman, Stephen McGee, Pat White, Curtis Painter was the class. 

i'd rather have the 6th best QB in a strong year than the 1st QB in a weak year. 

Yea you're right, I'd totally rather have Brock Osweiler and Nick Foles than Matt Stafford.  Get outta here.  

Who killed draft daddy and stole his passwords?

you guys are nitpicking at a message rather than deal with the substance. No one has Geno Smith graded like they had Matt Stafford graded. And even if they did, what has that guy done besides win fantasy leagues and get hurt?  my overall point is that you should get while the getting is good and if it's not a good QB year (it's not) then don't force it. 

you guys are nitpicking at a message rather than deal with the substance. No one has Geno Smith graded like they had Matt Stafford graded. And even if they did, what has that guy done besides win fantasy leagues and get hurt?  my overall point is that you should get while the getting is good and if it's not a good QB year (it's not) then don't force it. 

agreed, lets draft OLB, OL, WR and DBs this year.  Next year, get us the QB! Garrard is going to kill it this year!!!

Agree with you about not forcing the pick. Esp for Smith. Just thought your 6th best vs 1st best in a weak draft comment was both funny and nit pick worthy. ☺

I understand what you're saying and agree to a point, but you got a bit bold with your statements just to make your point.  It wasn't exactly nitpicking when you said stafford and sanchez's draft class was considerably weak and then went on to say you'd rather have the 6th best QB in a strong class as compared to a weak class. It's actually pretty much word for word what you said.  

Who is to say next years QB class will be better?   This time last year people were still in love with Barkley and Jones.  Now nobody seems to want them.

Years ago Leinart was a guaranteed #1 or #2 guy but stayed in school.   He came out and went what, 10 or 11 and was never considered any kind of lock.

That's the thing about hoping till next year.   If you're the Jets front office and they fall in love with any of these QBs this year, then they should pick them.

Bringing up Wilson,  the Seahawks could have just passed because the reality is they signed Matt Flynn to a big contract to be the QB of the future.  Why even bother picking any QB in the draft.   There were a lot of other positions they could have filled with that 3rd round pick.  Instead they liked the kid, picked him, and the rest is history.   Sometimes teams take chances. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.   It's better to have a front office who is willing to take a chance on a Wilson then it is to just stick with Matt Flynn and take a guard instead.

Archived