Black Crowes Tour.

BroadwayJoe12

I've made it no secret that this is and has easily been my favorite band touring over the last couple decades.  They were at their absolute pinnacle in the mid to late 90s and then charged back onto the scene in the middle of 2000s for 20 months of some of the best rock n roll that decade saw; if you saw any of their shows with Marc F*cking Ford, you caught lightning in a bottle.  They've disappointed since losing Ford and Eddie and then with their latest couple of albums with Luther Dickinson (I'm far from a Luther hater, he's a fantastic player in his own right, but just didn't seem to fit for me with the Crowes).  

Anyways, now that the boys are back on tour with Jackie Green (who you should all catch in trigger hippy or anything else he does) they are tearing it up again.  Just saw their two shows at Terminal 5 in NYC and they absolutely brought it.  They're gonna be co-headlining a dozen shows with The Tedeschi Trucks Band (who i saw a couple months ago in albany, which was awesome) this summer and I just wanted to say if you like good old fashion dirty blues rock, don't miss them. 

Here's a few songs with great audio from the Saturday show this past weekend in NYC.  Give em a listen.

Agreed - heard them with Luther and didn't think that clicked either. We've had Luther, Cody and Chewey as NMA at our town event a couple times and they put on a killer show. Just read where Butchy Trucks and Oteil Burbridge are going to play as part of NMA at the Wanee festival outside of Jacksonville next week  - but they're reprising that somewhere in upstate NY in June. Hope there's some video of one of those shows.

The Crowes/Tedeschi/Trucks are playing here in Aug - will catch it if at all possible - thanks for the heads up.

Archived