Chris Ivory Visits, Jets Make Offer

Integrity28

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Chris Ivory isn't trying to play Quarterback, or another position where he doesn't fit.  Becuase Chris Ivory, when healthy and utilized is good at the position he plays.  He's an NFL RB according to the recent superbowl winning saints that decided to put a 2nd round tender on him. I just don't get how this is even relatable to tebow; it's like, so women can't be members at Augusta, but Chris Ivory is an NFL RB?? 

He's a running back according to who?    200 yards last year and a 4th stringer.     Less than 600 yards rushing while at Wazoo.  Got booted from team. Always injured.     How is that a NFL caliber running back?

I just find it funny how people are so easy to jump on the bandwagon of a guy who couldn't play in college or the pros and yet condemn Tebow to nowhereville even though he's had 10x the career a guy like Ivory could dream of.  And Tebow stinks as a QB.

That's my point.  Tebow is a terrible QB.  But he won championships. He won a Heisman.  He took a team to a playoff game. His TD pass won a playoff game.  Hell he beat the Jets with Revis.    But yeah Tebow shouldn't be in the NFL while a guy like Ivory proved he deserves a chance to start?   How stupid does that even sound.

And Ivory was not on the Saints when they won the super bowl.     It's just funny though how Ivory is suddenly a player even though he's never really been a factor at any level.

He's a running back according to who?    200 yards last year and a 4th stringer.     Less than 600 yards rushing while at Wazoo.  Got booted from team. Always injured.     How is that a NFL caliber running back?

I just find it funny how people are so easy to jump on the bandwagon of a guy who couldn't play in college or the pros and yet condemn Tebow to nowhereville even though he's had 10x the career a guy like Ivory could dream of.  And Tebow stinks as a QB.

That's my point.  Tebow is a terrible QB.  But he won championships. He won a Heisman.  He took a team to a playoff game. His TD pass won a playoff game.  Hell he beat the Jets with Revis.    But yeah Tebow shouldn't be in the NFL while a guy like Ivory proved he deserves a chance to start?   How stupid does that even sound.

And Ivory was not on the Saints when they won the super bowl.     It's just funny though how Ivory is suddenly a player even though he's never really been a factor at any level.

Drop the strawman as Tebow has absolutely nothing to do with the talent-level of Chris Ivory or his ability to play in the NFL.  Let's start off with, have you ever actually seen Ivory play? Because it appears as though you haven't and are relying just on stats to define his career.  He is one of the more gifted power backs in the league and everyone who is at least in tune with him or the saints, know that for whatever reason he was brutally underutilized in norleans, but when he's been healthy, he's performed.  

Everything you mentioned; the injuries, lack of experience carrying the load etc. are all reasons why no one on here wants to trade that 2nd round pick for him. However, because of his potential, he's the type of back you take a chance on with a mid-late round pick, especially considering his age and low wear on his body.  

And Tebow sucks

I agree Tebow sucks, but anybody who watched him play and didn't go by stats, thinks he's a winner.  And Ivory is far worse than tebow.  

That's the funny part in people thinking Ivory is some kind of beast.   He didn't do much in college and he hasn't done much in the pros.  Yes he's been injured but blaming the Saints for not using him properly is funny.  Because you could say the same thing about the Jets and Tebow.

Looks pretty beastly to me.

Well he is an upgrade from Greene, no doubt. But..it´s not that Jets are in the position to use a luxury 2nd round pick on him right now. Back in the Vlad days perhaps.. On that note, thank god for Idzik!

If they deal for Ivory, they'd have to give him a multi-year contract (as Cimini points out). What's interesting about that is that it gives a little insight into how Idzik might build the roster, showing that he's not afraid to gamble low-cost deals on wild-cards like Ivory and Goodson. Maybe he's not as conservative as has been portrayed. Both Ivory and Goodson are boom/bust guys and not exactly players you'd describe as foundational pieces that you're confident in building around.

If they deal for Ivory, they'd have to give him a multi-year contract (as Cimini points out). What's interesting about that is that it gives a little insight into how Idzik might build the roster, showing that he's not afraid to gamble low-cost deals on wild-cards like Ivory and Goodson. Maybe he's not as conservative as has been portrayed. Both Ivory and Goodson are boom/bust guys and not exactly players you'd describe as foundational pieces that you're confident in building around.

Both are considerable upgrades to what we had, probably better than what we would draft if he is thinking qb and wr/def with high picks...I think your points are correct but I think we is definiitely ok with taking chance on them both knowing even if they suck at least they will be better than our crap crew of RB's now...

Anybody who watched him play and didn't go by stats thinks he's a winner.

Is this a joke?  It's almost a joke that people don't ever watch the pac-10.  He was a nobody on Wazoo.  Not very impressive.  He's been a 4th stringer on the Saints.  A team you know who is considered to have one of the best offenses and QBs in the NFL.    I just find it funny now people throw out these lines and then in the same sentence bash Tebow.    

Ivory is what he is and thats a guy who can't start at any level.   Beast?  Because of a couple of runs, what nonsense.   So why hasn't anybody ever been demanding they trade for this guy?  Oh yeah, it's only when the Jets seemed interested that people think he's suddenly a beast.  I don't remember Jets fans saying anything about Ivory until the past week or so.

So the assumption is because the guy had a couple of good plays in his entire career, he's a beast?    What a joke.  

And then when he can't even get into the starting lineup, what will be the excuse then?    The coaches don't know how to utilize him.  Nice excuse.

Both are considerable upgrades to what we had, probably better than what we would draft if he is thinking qb and wr/def with high picks...I think your points are correct but I think we is definiitely ok with taking chance on them both knowing even if they suck at least they will be better than our crap crew of RB's now...

This is just a stretch.  Ivory is better than Greene because of what?   It's funny how suddenly some 4th stringer on a team with a HOF QB and one of the best offenses in the NFL over the past 5 years is now a beast who will be an upgrade for the Jets.      

It's laughable when you hear people make claims about guys that dont play and how great they are.   It'll be even funnier hearing the excuses next year when the guy doesn't play.

This is just a stretch.  Ivory is better than Greene because of what?   It's funny how suddenly some 4th stringer on a team with a HOF QB and one of the best offenses in the NFL over the past 5 years is now a beast who will be an upgrade for the Jets.      

It's laughable when you hear people make claims about guys that dont play and how great they are.   It'll be even funnier hearing the excuses next year when the guy doesn't play.

Ivory does everything better than Greene.

What does this have to do with Shonn Greene? 

Greene signed to be teh backup in Tennessee. The Jets were smart for not giving him his second contract at the rate of a starting RB, when the market dictated the best he could do was get over-paid to be a backup. Not retaining Greene was smart from a financial standpoint, purely.

It's an added bonus that he was just a mediocre player. 

Chris Ivory on film looks more explosive than Greene. Chris Ivory can be had for a modest contract (since he never started) and for a draft pick, in theory. 

Ivory is most likely a better prospect, because he can pass protect already, and because he's already acclimated to the pro-game, than the mid-rounders in this year's draft. 

What does this have to do with Shonn Greene? 

Greene signed to be teh backup in Tennessee. The Jets were smart for not giving him his second contract at the rate of a starting RB, when the market dictated the best he could do was get over-paid to be a backup. Not retaining Greene was smart from a financial standpoint, purely.

It's an added bonus that he was just a mediocre player. 

Chris Ivory on film looks more explosive than Greene. Chris Ivory can be had for a modest contract (since he never started) and for a draft pick, in theory. 

Ivory is most likely a better prospect, because he can pass protect already, and because he's already acclimated to the pro-game, than the mid-rounders in this year's draft. 

Shonn Greene will do very well in a RB by comittee situation just like he did here when he took over for Jones . He is in no way a full time back . Ivory however is very explosive and could very well be a feature back with Powell as the thrid down guy and to spell him from time to time. Not a bad situation but dont you think we can get a RB 3-4 years younger in this years draft using that pick we will give up for Ivory ? 3-4 years is big in this situation

Well he is an upgrade from Greene, no doubt. But..it´s not that Jets are in the position to use a luxury 2nd round pick on him right now. Back in the Vlad days perhaps.. On that note, thank god for Idzik!

I agree bro. I may go to a third with him if the Revis trade goes down - we could then maybe make that third back up by trading down a little in the first perhaps. But a 4th or later I would be excited about, imho.

nope i think that kid from Texas C. Michael in the 4th, and he can catch out the backfield

C Michael is a very good prospect too. Lets see what we give up for Ivory before we destroy the deal. I just like him as a prospect, and he is still only 25 with low mileage.

those of you thinking NO would part with Ivory for anything but a second are not looking at how NO does things, they always have 4 solid backs and when one leaves they fill the spot promtly. They put at a second for a reason

I'm pretty sure it was the lowest they could tender him under the new CBA. Not positive - maybe someone could confirm?

Shonn Greene will do very well in a RB by comittee situation just like he did here when he took over for Jones . He is in no way a full time back . Ivory however is very explosive and could very well be a feature back with Powell as the thrid down guy and to spell him from time to time. Not a bad situation but dont you think we can get a RB 3-4 years younger in this years draft using that pick we will give up for Ivory ? 3-4 years is big in this situation

In theory, we can pick a RB 3-4 years younger, yes. However, we can't get a proven commodity from the draft. Ivory can clearly play at the NFL level. No situation is perfect, but if you want to spend your 4th rounder on a guy you know will play for you, then this makes sense.

Archived