Your Home For Damon Threads

Smizzy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't happen until Damon's agent get off his ridiculous 7 year 84 million dollar horse.

I don't think you will hear much about Damon until later in the off season.

You can be rest assured though that before Damon inks on the dotted line with whoever Boros will make one last call to the Yankees to see if they are willing to top any offer that Damon gets.

I swear to god on my kids lives...I will boycott this entire season.

The WHOLE farging thing.

Funny you say that. I told a Mets fan friend of mine that if Damon was ever a Yank I'd be a Mets next season, out of anger. Apparently now I'm being held to it.

GEORGE AND CASHMAN IF YOUR ACTIONS FORCE ME TO ROOT FOR THE METS I WILL KILL YOU BOTH!!

Word is the Yankees are trying to talk him down to a 4 yr deal...but Boston is more then willing to give him a 4 yr deal also.

So it looks like he will either get a 7yr deal from someone other than Bos or NYY or he will go back to Boston. I don't see him taking the Yankees 4 yr deal over Bostons.

the Yanks should sign him ASAP. Considering the fact that he always kills the Yankees no matter what uniform he wears, be it KC, OAK, or BOS, at least he wont be able to kill the Yankees if he is playing CF for them.

The Sox should sign Frank Cattalanotto for the same reason.

Brad Wilkerson is a name being thrown around...Can he man CF?

Considering the Yanks are quite possibly $80+ million in debt...I'm thinking you better forget Wilkerson and stick with Bubba.

I more then happy with Bubba Crospy playing center field. I personally don't think we need to shop for a guy to play CF....he can run down balls and he is a decent hitter with speed.

Not sure why they are even looking .

Considering the Yanks are quite possibly $80+ million in debt...I'm thinking you better forget Wilkerson and stick with Bubba.

Fat George is going to reduce the amount of Twinkies that he eats. The Yankee debt will be paid off in 3 years.

I am not sure how you missed this on CNN.

Johnny has to go somewhere...might as well be the Yankees. If he still thinks he is getting 7 years and/or $84 million from us, I say dont let the door hit you in the BorAS$ on the way out of town!!!

Personally, I agree with you 100% on this. 6 or 7 years to him is too long.

Do you think, seriously, that if the Yankees and Bosox offer fairly equal packages, like 4 years, 45 million, that the Bosox will add a 5th year, or at least an easily obtainable option for a 5th, to keep him? I think they do, as he is a major catalyst to their lineup.

If Damon comes down on his demands in years (which I believe he will) I'd take the guy on the Yankees in a second. Other than the fact that he played for the Sox I have no reason to dislike the guy. He's a damn good CF, proven LOH, proven clutch hitter, and IMO has at least three very good years left in him.

It would kill me to hear all the great things I've heard about him off the field when he was with the Sox because it made it harder for me to hate him but now that he's a FA, I'd welcome him to the Yankees without hesitation (as long as he cuts that friggin hair)

If Damon comes down on his demands in years (which I believe he will) I'd take the guy on the Yankees in a second. Other than the fact that he played for the Sox I have no reason to dislike the guy. He's a damn good CF, proven LOH, proven clutch hitter, and IMO has at least three very good years left in him.

It would kill me to hear all the great things I've heard about him off the field when he was with the Sox because it made it harder for me to hate him but now that he's a FA, I'd welcome him to the Yankees without hesitation (as long as he cuts that friggin hair)

Damon for 3 years would be a good deal, although I do not think he will go that few. I have heard rumors that the Bosox are in play with a Varitek type deal, for mabe a few more dollars, but the same length (4 years). So if that is true, then he will not accept 3 from anyone.

That said, if this drags out to long, and teams start filling up their CF holes, come January, maybe Damon has to take the best deal out there.

Brad Wilkerson is a name being thrown around...Can he man CF?

i like wilkerson a lot. he started off real hot last year and then wilted in the DC heat. i like wilkerson in cf over bubba. i also think wilky would benefit from being in a lineup with jeter, giambi, et al who like to look at a lot of pitches.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you say that. I told a Mets fan friend of mine that if Damon was ever a Yank I'd be a Mets next season, out of anger. Apparently now I'm being held to it.

GEORGE AND CASHMAN IF YOUR ACTIONS FORCE ME TO ROOT FOR THE METS I WILL KILL YOU BOTH!!

Got any Mets stuff??

I swear to god on my kids lives...I will boycott this entire season.

The WHOLE farging thing.

ESPN reports Yankees and Johnny Damon tentatively agree to 4 year deal.

let the boycott begin for Smizzy, and the ass-kissing for every other yankee fan.

Or in the immortal words of Tony Montana, say hello to my little friend ... :snip:

STARTING 9

CF Johnny Damon {L}

SS Derek Jeter {R}

LF Hideki Matsui {L}

3B Alex Rodriguez {R}

RF Gary Sheffield {R}

1B Jason Giambi {L}

C Jorge Posada {S}

2B Robbie Cano {L}

DH Bernie Williams {S}

STARTING 5

UNIT