shame on tiger, shame on augusta

Larz

tiger should have DQ'd himself to save face for augusta.  they should have DQ'd him.  a 2 stroke penalty because he didn't know the rule ?

WTF ???

regardless, if a 2 stroke penatly should have been enforced because of the drop, he signed an incorrect scorecard, which is a DQ

we all know why he wasn't DQ'd

golf is a gentlemans game, and integrity is everything

bad day for golf

I have to respectfully disagree, Larz.

Signing an incorrect scorecard is not an automatic DQ.  They changed the rule a couple of years ago.  Under the new rule, the player is not DQ'd if the officials first make a ruling and then change it after the scorecard is signed, which happened in this situation.

Based on reports, a TV viewer called the officials (which is BS to begin with, but whatever) and before Tiger finished the round the officials determined that no fault occurred.  Tiger then signed the scorecard.  It was only after further review that the officials determined thaty a fault did in fact happen.  That's why he got the 2 stroke penalty. 

In no way should Tiger have to DQ himself because if the officials had ruled properly when they should have, Tiger would never had signed the incorrect scorecard.

I have to respectfully disagree, Larz.

Signing an incorrect scorecard is not an automatic DQ.  They changed the rule a couple of years ago.  Under the new rule, the player is not DQ'd if the officials first make a ruling and then change it after the scorecard is signed, which happened in this situation.

Based on reports, a TV viewer called the officials (which is BS to begin with, but whatever) and before Tiger finished the round the officials determined that no fault occurred.  Tiger then signed the scorecard.  It was only after further review that the officials determined thaty a fault did in fact happen.  That's why he got the 2 stroke penalty. 

In no way should Tiger have to DQ himself because if the officials had ruled properly when they should have, Tiger would never had signed the incorrect scorecard.

viewers call in all the time.  that's my point.  the rules are sacred in this game, it isn't the NFL or the NBA where stars rule.  no brady rule and no jordan rule.  until today

he also admitted it in his press conference.

I know they have discretion now.    in the game I grew up in, you DQ yourself when this happens.  many golfers have done it for less

if you need a committee and a procedure to rule in your favor on a technicality on a recent rule change, you save them the trouble and DQ yourself

black eye for golf

the back nine on sunday at augusta is like the superbowl in my house

I didn't even watch today

it was jim nantz who alerted augusta to tigers comments in the press conference.  nantz is a member at stanwich club in greenwich, we take rules serious like up here in the nutmeg state !!!!

I got 2 of my 3 wishes today, knicks won, tiger lost, but he didn't lose by 1 stroke

oh well

viewers call in all the time.  that's my point.  the rules are sacred in this game, it isn't the NFL or the NBA where stars rule.  no brady rule and no jordan rule.  until today

I know they have discretion now.    in the game I grew up in, you DQ yourself when this happens.  many golfers have done it for less

if you need a committee and a procedure to rule in your favor on a technicality on a recent rule change, you save them the trouble and DQ yourself

black eye for golf

And that is part of the problem. Not all shots are televised and not all golfers are interviewed on television directly after their round. Until that happens, any fan reporting rules infractions is selective at best and should be ignored. 

The fact that they even pay lip service to anal retentive golf fans with nothing better to do than call in is insane. 

it was jim nantz who alerted augusta to tigers comments in the press conference.  nantz is a member at stanwich club in greenwich, we take rules serious like up here in the nutmeg state !!!!

I got 2 of my 3 wishes today, knicks won, tiger lost, but he didn't lose by 1 stroke

oh well

It's insane that they even pay lip service to Jim Nantz - a gutless, obnoxious, douchie shill. 

black eye for golf

Go read the rule.

HE was not wrong.  The rule was vague.  If he is supposed to stand "no more than a foot" behind original spot and drop then say it.  When you word it, "as near as possible", then that leaves it open to interpretation.  And if they are using his two yards back statement, he was at most a club length.  Again, what is the official distance.  haters are going to hate.

Go read the rule.

HE was not wrong.  The rule was vague.  If he is supposed to stand "no more than a foot" behind original spot and drop then say it.  When you word it, "as near as possible", then that leaves it open to interpretation.  And if they are using his two yards back statement, he was at most a club length.  Again, what is the official distance.  haters are going to hate.

lol

2 stroke penalty, when he wasn't wrong....mmmmk

he combined 2 rules, and stated he supported the decision when he was given a penalty

as faldo said, man up and withdraw

oh wait, this is the guy who went to rehab to pretend it wasn't his fault for cheating the other time

And that is part of the problem. Not all shots are televised and not all golfers are interviewed on television directly after their round. Until that happens, any fan reporting rules infractions is selective at best and should be ignored. 

The fact that they even pay lip service to anal retentive golf fans with nothing better to do than call in is insane. 

no it's not.  golfers call thier own penalties on themselves even when a fan doesn't call in.  making excuses for the stars is the problem. 

Archived