Two explosions at Boston Marathon finish line

AFJF

Couple kids in my class are volunteering in the tent and another is running; she relayed the information that we should unfortunately expect the casualties to rise from the two confirmed to at least into double digits due to the severity of the wounds they were seeing and that the people in the tent overheard FBI/police (not sure if she knew for sure) say to avoid all major landmarks, even in surrounding cities like NYC etc.  A lot of my buddies stayed in Boston (all okay) and work right around there and just the pictures and videos they sent make everything seem very eery.  

Such a tragedy.  Hopefully it's over and any other devices will be found.  Thankfully the marathon is prepared to handle hundreds of injuries and that they were so quickly able to respond.  

Couple kids in my class are volunteering in the tent and another is running; she relayed the information that we should unfortunately expect the casualties to rise from the two confirmed to at least into double digits due to the severity of the wounds they were seeing and that the people in the tent overheard FBI/police (not sure if she knew for sure) say to avoid all major landmarks, even in surrounding cities like NYC etc.  A lot of my buddies stayed in Boston (all okay) and work right around there and just the pictures and videos they sent make everything seem very eery.  

Such a tragedy.  Hopefully it's over and any other devices will be found.  Thankfully the marathon is prepared to handle hundreds of injuries and that they were so quickly able to respond.  

So sad............

still nothing on who did this.  Just so sad. Saw some pictures this morning that are beyond horrible and shocking.  The little 8 year old boy who died just tears my heart out.  Blessings for everyone involved and their families.  Good reason to hug your family little tighter today and be thankful for what we have.  

still nothing on who did this.  Just so sad. Saw some pictures this morning that are beyond horrible and shocking.  The little 8 year old boy who died just tears my heart out.  Blessings for everyone involved and their families.  Good reason to hug your family little tighter today and be thankful for what we have.  

Something that took this much planning won't resolve quickly. They could be working on "who did it" for a long time.

The pictures are jarring... I made the mistake of using Google image this morning, not sure what I was expecting to see really, but I couldn't take any more after seeing the guy in the wheelchair with his leg blown off. They blurred his face, but the whole lower part of his leg was shredded, bone exposed and all... awful.

It makes me sick in my stomach thinking about that 8 year old having his life ripped away from him.

Something that took this much planning won't resolve quickly. They could be working on "who did it" for a long time.

The pictures are jarring... I made the mistake of using Google image this morning, not sure what I was expecting to see really, but I couldn't take any more after seeing the guy in the wheelchair with his leg blown off. They blurred his face, but the whole lower part of his leg was shredded, bone exposed and all... awful.

It makes me sick in my stomach thinking about that 8 year old having his life ripped away from him.

Not sure. I think with all the camera's nowadays and the speed of information they already know who did it.  Just not going to tell anyone until he is dead or in shackles.  

I also read an article and sadly saw the jogger fella that lost his legs at the knee cap.  Brutal,  His eyes and face all shocked out and I imagined he still didn't realize what happen to him and may never know why.  

Just horrible that people exist that are too cowardly to confront the target of their hate and pray on the innocent.  Horrible selfish animals that deserve to be Euthanize and their remains burned to ash in a dumpster. 

Been listening to the police scanner since 12 last night after I heard about MIT and it was chaos

i got about 2 hrs of sleep...  listened until 4:45, woke up at 6, back to bed for another hour...  it is creepy and weird here.  Town in lockdown,  About 15 min from the center of the action.  barely anyone driving or out and about.  stuck at home... cant go to work.

it is riveting, but also surreal.  Seeing on tv the mall, best buy & target I shop in is crazy.  Im just hoping that the scumbag doesnt or hasnt headed west towards my town...  just want this to end.

i got about 2 hrs of sleep...  listened until 4:45, woke up at 6, back to bed for another hour...  it is creepy and weird here.  Town in lockdown,  About 15 min from the center of the action.  barely anyone driving or out and about.  stuck at home... cant go to work.

it is riveting, but also surreal.  Seeing on tv the mall, best buy & target I shop in is crazy.  Im just hoping that the scumbag doesnt or hasnt headed west towards my town...  just want this to end.

Hang tough bro - no way it's not over soon.

This is surreal.

I've been listening to the news, police scanner until it got shut down, and watching the internet. It's sort of shocking and sickening.

The MIT cop was basically taken out, assassination style. He didn't even have a chance to draw his weapon.

The older brother... there's a photo gallery of him in a MMA gym, with commentary and quotes from him. He also has a Youtube channel with Islamic and Terrorism related videos favorited.

The younger brother... has some sort of Russian facebook account, and a twitter accout. The twitter is the one that riled me up. Reading through it he comes across as a pot-head, punk kid... for about 90% of it... but then there are sporadic, very cryptic tweets in there that are very telling, in hindsight, and carry much more meaning.

I wonder if we'll end up learning more about these scumbags. It's as if they spent their life acclimating until they were "activated" or called upon. 

The conspiracy theories around this are going to be rampant, I think.

This is surreal.

I've been listening to the news, police scanner until it got shut down, and watching the internet. It's sort of shocking and sickening.

The MIT cop was basically taken out, assassination style. He didn't even have a chance to draw his weapon.

The older brother... there's a photo gallery of him in a MMA gym, with commentary and quotes from him. He also has a Youtube channel with Islamic and Terrorism related videos favorited.

The younger brother... has some sort of Russian facebook account, and a twitter accout. The twitter is the one that riled me up. Reading through it he comes across as a pot-head, punk kid... for about 90% of it... but then there are sporadic, very cryptic tweets in there that are very telling, in hindsight, and carry much more meaning.

I wonder if we'll end up learning more about these scumbags. It's as if they spent their life acclimating until they were "activated" or called upon. 

The conspiracy theories around this are going to be rampant, I think.

http://m.ustream.tv/channel/ma-rt-9-window-cam

Boston Metro scanner still up here

Not sure. I think with all the camera's nowadays and the speed of information they already know who did it.  Just not going to tell anyone until he is dead or in shackles.  

Right on the money.  That seems to be the way they caught them, less than a week after the bombing.

Like someone said on this board, that creep will be very "popular" in prison as the convicts and guards even got him right where they want him. He better hope and pray that he gets isolation for they would want to kill terrorist like these!

Archived