Revis trade official - No. 13 overall pick in 2013 and conditional 4th (can upgrade to a 3rd) in 2014

Sperm Edwards

You know the easiest way to know someone is wrong in a debate like this?  When they refuse to answer any questions or make any points, instead insisting you go back to read prior posts of theirs which you have already read, in order to find points that you know they never actually made.

You know how you know you're wrong in a debate?  When less people agree with you than people who thought Mark Sanchez would make the pro-bowl last year.

Edited by tEYbow
  • Upvote 1

Giants paid 3 extra picks. Good for SD. But i find the concept of competition you mention interesting. More teams got interested as the draft went on. Interesting concept. Who knew!

The last sentence is where you lose me. I respond based on who i consider rational. But then you just forget all about rationality it in your attempts to attack.

Here is what i said before and i am not going to retype it again!

Huh?

Revis isn't half the trade bait that Eli Manning was on draft day, and probably still isn't.  Giants had real concerns that Cleveland was going to trade for Eli if they passed up on SD's offer.  If Eli truly refused to sign with SD they could have traded him after the draft.

Any team without a QB would have been interested in trading for him.  Only one team offered a trade for Revis.  No one other than TB wanted him at $16M/year.  The same way we could get at least something for Sanchez if he was signed for cheap, but no one's going to trade us anything if they have to pay Sanchez $8.5M this year.

Enough with the childish act about people attacking you.  No one has done so, least of all me.  If you want to come here and lash out at everyone at least have the good taste to take it like a man.

Just reduced to personal attacks. Pathetic!

Actually, it would seem you've been reduced to lying about personal attacks which haven't occurred, while personal attacking those you are complaining about being personally attacked by.  I simply pointed out the reality that Gato and bit, the two biggest objectors to a Revis trade, have yet to come to your defense.  It is a true evaluation of the current circumstances.  By your definition, I'd imagine that's an opinion, right?

He was smiling... That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Oh, Luke. He was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker. 

Edited by HessStation

Huh?

Revis isn't half the trade bait that Eli Manning was on draft day, and probably still isn't.  Giants had real concerns that Cleveland was going to trade for Eli if they passed up on SD's offer.  If Eli truly refused to sign with SD they could have traded him after the draft.

Any team without a QB would have been interested in trading for him.  Only one team offered a trade for Revis.  No one other than TB wanted him at $16M/year.  The same way we could get at least something for Sanchez if he was signed for cheap, but no one's going to trade us anything if they have to pay Sanchez $8.5M this year.

Enough with the childish act about people attacking you.  No one has done so, least of all me.  If you want to come here and lash out at everyone at least have the good taste to take it like a man.

Huh?

See you are contradicting yourself.

On one end you say there was last minute competition for Manning and on the other you say there was only one team for Revis and thats the way it was going to be. Which is it ?

And now to the bolded part. I have not personally attacked anyone. There are always going to be differences of opinion. Unless you are saying that if you have a different opinion than personal attacks are ok.

On one end you say there was last minute competition for Manning and on the other you say there was only one team for Revis and thats the way it was going to be. Which is it ?

And now to the bolded part. I have not personally attacked anyone. There are always going to be differences of opinion. Unless you are saying that if you have a different opinion than personal attacks are ok.

You called people here douches or something like that.  No one did that with you.  But if the sum of your posts is going to be falsely accusing people of attacking you I can just arrange it for you to take a break from the board for a little while.

George+Kennedy+Cool+Hand+Luke.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

You called people here douches or something like that.  No one did that with you.  But if the sum of your posts is going to be falsely accusing people of attacking you I can just arrange it for you to take a break from the board for a little while.

Yes that was the big problem.

Hey if you cannot handle difference of opinions I would gladly walk away from here. Just because you are losing an argument and do not have any ground to stand on do no threaten me!

I could care less. Don't effing threaten me with bans. I am out of here. Good bye!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver
  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Hey if you cannot handle difference of opinions I would gladly walk away from here.

I could care less. Don't effing threaten me with bans. I am out of here. Good bye!

Yeah well... sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.

Edited by HessStation

Hey if you cannot handle difference of opinions I would gladly walk away from here. Just because you are losing an argument and do not have any ground to stand on do no threaten me!

lol

• Upvote 1

even_jesus.jpg

• Thumb Down 1

So Mark Sanchez makes personnel decisions? He chose to consistently draft defense and ignore the offense? He decided to keep Holmes on a deal he didn't earn and let Braylon walk? He decided to not bring any competition in to have a legitimate backup in place? He decided to draft himself and start himself day 1 without actually trying to see if he was any good after only one full season as a starter in college?

Right.

Huh? do you honestly think i am saying mark is making personnel decisions? Wow... That's interesting.

If Sanchez didnt stink we wouldn't be rebuilding, ergo his suck is a proximate cause of revis being expendable as part of a larger rebuilding process. If you want to discuss that opinion, I look forward to it. But trying to equate what I'm saying to mark not being GM? Yeah, have fun with that.

Edited by jgb

Huh? do you honestly think i am saying mark is making personnel decisions? Wow... That's interesting.

If Sanchez didnt stink we wouldn't be rebuilding, ergo his suck is a proximate cause of revis being expendable as part of a larger rebuilding process. If you want to discuss that opinion, I look forward to it. But trying to equate what I'm saying to mark not being GM? Yeah, have fun with that.

The team stinks because the team stinks.  Mark Sanchez is a huge part of it, but he's not the only part of it.  The team is rebuilding because the roster is aging and Tanny gave out a bunch of terrible contracts that the cap cannot withstand and so they have to start getting rid of overpriced assets in order to try and be better in the future.  The only part of Mark Sanchez that has caused this acrimony is his contract, which, again, he didn't hand to himself.  The roster as a whole has been mismanaged over the last few years.  The reason Revis is gone is Tanny and that's why he is gone as well.

The team stinks because the team stinks.  Mark Sanchez is a huge part of it, but he's not the only part of it.  The team is rebuilding because the roster is aging and Tanny gave out a bunch of terrible contracts that the cap cannot withstand and so they have to start getting rid of overpriced assets in order to try and be better in the future.  The only part of Mark Sanchez that has caused this acrimony is his contract, which, again, he didn't hand to himself.  The roster as a whole has been mismanaged over the last few years.  The reason Revis is gone is Tanny and that's why he is gone as well.

I think there's a little more cause & effect to Sanchez sucking.  If we were winning 3-4 more games/year I doubt even Tannenbaum and his offseason ADHD would be reaching for every overpriced player he could get his hands on for a quick fix, since there would be no need for these expensive quick fixes.

When was the last time you saw a salary cap collapse and 75% turnover of the roster in 1-2 years while they had a (well above average) true franchise QB in his playing prime?  Even if you could think of an example (since the advent of free agency & the salary cap), it is super-unusual.

Sanchez being so hideous - but with just enough tease for a HC and GM (as well as some fans) to see what they want to see - has a domino effect.  Maybe we don't overreach for Greene by using 3 picks on him; maybe we don't reach for a project OG prospect in the 2nd round if Sanchez could avoid a mediocre pass rush instead of standing in place like a blind imbecile.  Maybe we get better use out of some players we had so we don't need to overreach on others.  Maybe if he wasn't so awful and we could generate more points that we wouldn't have to keep investing our top 2 round picks and massive amounts of the team's cap resources on the other side of the football to compensate for the lousy offense.  Then the times we actually use a pick as high as round 2 on offense they're projects with high ceilings physically but who still mostly suck for years (Hill, Ducasse).

Teams with great QBs still make bad draft picks, but every single pick and acquisition they make isn't an attempt to get a top 5 type pick in round 2 and ignore the risks involved that made the guy NOT a top 5 pick in the first place.  But that attempt and desire is rooted in the team needing to get far better value from a draft pick so they try to strike oil with every one, which is further aided by throwing 1/3 of them (and forgoing any cap space and compensatory picks we might have otherwise also had) away on other teams' veteran players (also usually on defense to compensate for him).  And when teams with real QBs do make bad picks - and they all make them - it isn't so magnified that the team collapses. Because the season's plans weren't relying so heavily on the rookie not only panning out but panning out big time (and immediately).

His suck is like a virus that spreads to all areas of the team.  So many overreaches in the draft and with the cap have been to overcompensate for Sanchez being so terrible.  The massive draft pick and salary cap investment in him is the fault of others who saw in him what wasn't there, but as a fan I can still curse this clown being on the team and for being so terrible.