Revis trade official - No. 13 overall pick in 2013 and conditional 4th (can upgrade to a 3rd) in 2014

Sperm Edwards

JFD is like Jason Voorhees..  he's getting shot, slashed, run over, demolished, embarrassed, but he refuses to die.

JFD I'm going to have to ask you to stand down at once.  This fight is over.

Who you kidding?

He called slats a douche, I got banned 9 times for saying yo!

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You called people here douches or something like that.  No one did that with you.  But if the sum of your posts is going to be falsely accusing people of attacking you I can just arrange it for you to take a break from the board for a little while.

Best possible ban?

Yes that was the big problem.

Hey if you cannot handle difference of opinions I would gladly walk away from here. Just because you are losing an argument and do not have any ground to stand on do no threaten me!

I could care less. Don't effing threaten me with bans. I am out of here. Good bye!

You let emotion enter the argument.  Tip for the future..  You should have countered his post with nonsense and then restated your entire case on why this was a bad trade.  The resulting confusion would have given you cover.

In the meantime I hope you reconsider your exile.  Who cares what a guy who calls himself sperm thinks?  (no offense SE).

I think there's a little more cause & effect to Sanchez sucking.  If we were winning 3-4 more games/year I doubt even Tannenbaum and his offseason ADHD would be reaching for every overpriced player he could get his hands on for a quick fix, since there would be no need for these expensive quick fixes.

When was the last time you saw a salary cap collapse and 75% turnover of the roster in 1-2 years while they had a (well above average) true franchise QB in his playing prime?  Even if you could think of an example (since the advent of free agency & the salary cap), it is super-unusual.

Sanchez being so hideous - but with just enough tease for a HC and GM (as well as some fans) to see what they want to see - has a domino effect.  Maybe we don't overreach for Greene by using 3 picks on him; maybe we don't reach for a project OG prospect in the 2nd round if Sanchez could avoid a mediocre pass rush instead of standing in place like a blind imbecile.  Maybe we get better use out of some players we had so we don't need to overreach on others.  Maybe if he wasn't so awful and we could generate more points that we wouldn't have to keep investing our top 2 round picks and massive amounts of the team's cap resources on the other side of the football to compensate for the lousy offense.  Then the times we actually use a pick as high as round 2 on offense they're projects with high ceilings physically but who still mostly suck for years (Hill, Ducasse).

Teams with great QBs still make bad draft picks, but every single pick and acquisition they make isn't an attempt to get a top 5 type pick in round 2 and ignore the risks involved that made the guy NOT a top 5 pick in the first place.  But that attempt and desire is rooted in the team needing to get far better value from a draft pick so they try to strike oil with every one, which is further aided by throwing 1/3 of them (and forgoing any cap space and compensatory picks we might have otherwise also had) away on other teams' veteran players (also usually on defense to compensate for him).  And when teams with real QBs do make bad picks - and they all make them - it isn't so magnified that the team collapses. Because the season's plans weren't relying so heavily on the rookie not only panning out but panning out big time (and immediately).

His suck is like a virus that spreads to all areas of the team.  So many overreaches in the draft and with the cap have been to overcompensate for Sanchez being so terrible.  The massive draft pick and salary cap investment in him is the fault of others who saw in him what wasn't there, but as a fan I can still curse this clown being on the team and for being so terrible.  

yeah what he said. some will want to argue whether sanchez is 100%, 97% or 82.67% to blame but the fact remains if he did not stink, we would not be tearing the entire team apart right now.

I think there's a little more cause & effect to Sanchez sucking. If we were winning 3-4 more games/year I doubt even Tannenbaum and his offseason ADHD would be reaching for every overpriced player he could get his hands on for a quick fix, since there would be no need for these expensive quick fixes.

When was the last time you saw a salary cap collapse and 75% turnover of the roster in 1-2 years while they had a (well above average) true franchise QB in his playing prime? Even if you could think of an example (since the advent of free agency & the salary cap), it is super-unusual.

Sanchez being so hideous - but with just enough tease for a HC and GM (as well as some fans) to see what they want to see - has a domino effect. Maybe we don't overreach for Greene by using 3 picks on him; maybe we don't reach for a project OG prospect in the 2nd round if Sanchez could avoid a mediocre pass rush instead of standing in place like a blind imbecile. Maybe we get better use out of some players we had so we don't need to overreach on others. Maybe if he wasn't so awful and we could generate more points that we wouldn't have to keep investing our top 2 round picks and massive amounts of the team's cap resources on the other side of the football to compensate for the lousy offense. Then the times we actually use a pick as high as round 2 on offense they're projects with high ceilings physically but who still mostly suck for years (Hill, Ducasse).

Teams with great QBs still make bad draft picks, but every single pick and acquisition they make isn't an attempt to get a top 5 type pick in round 2 and ignore the risks involved that made the guy NOT a top 5 pick in the first place. But that attempt and desire is rooted in the team needing to get far better value from a draft pick so they try to strike oil with every one, which is further aided by throwing 1/3 of them (and forgoing any cap space and compensatory picks we might have otherwise also had) away on other teams' veteran players (also usually on defense to compensate for him). And when teams with real QBs do make bad picks - and they all make them - it isn't so magnified that the team collapses. Because the season's plans weren't relying so heavily on the rookie not only panning out but panning out big time (and immediately).

His suck is like a virus that spreads to all areas of the team. So many overreaches in the draft and with the cap have been to overcompensate for Sanchez being so terrible. The massive draft pick and salary cap investment in him is the fault of others who saw in him what wasn't there, but as a fan I can still curse this clown being on the team and for being so terrible.

So if Mark Sanchez was a good QB, we'd still have room for a 16 million dollar a year corner?

So if Mark Sanchez was a good QB, we'd still have room for a 16 million dollar a year corner?

That would still be a problem when you consider how many other picks we have schwansed up and the consequent need to upgrade at a lot of spots. But the degree of suck Sanchez contributed was the catalyst to insure we could never have the leagues highest paid CB. 

Archived