Revis trade official - No. 13 overall pick in 2013 and conditional 4th (can upgrade to a 3rd) in 2014

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Keyshawn Johnson Revis will still be a Jet to me.

I just learned a valuable life lesson today.

I will not buy any Jets authentic jerseys unless its a player like Namath,Boozer,Maynard or Chrebet.

I can now add Revis to the box along with Pennington.

As an owner of a Revis jersey, I feel your pain.  But I also think you deserve a pass on this one.  Revis was a special, once-in-a-generation type player, and we were lucky to have him as a Jet, even for a short period of time.  He helped provide great joy in the 2009 and 2010 seasons (and the first 14 weeks of 2011).  I always knew there was a decent chance he'd be gone before long, but I couldn't help but root for the guy.  

If the jets turn these picks into 3rd rounders this year + 1sts next year you know they are doing it right.  

No we don't.  They are only doing it right if they turn those picks into starters and pro bowl players no matter where they draft.

One less diva on the team.  Now there is one on the other side of the ball we need to get rid of.

At this point, the Jets have no real players on the team.   We assume Sanchez, Holmes, and Tebow will be gone by next year, some hope this year, so it's great they have no divas, but the Jets team is a team filled with players who wouldn't start on most other NFL teams.

As an owner of a Revis jersey, I feel your pain.  But I also think you deserve a pass on this one.  Revis was a special, once-in-a-generation type player, and we were lucky to have him as a Jet, even for a short period of time.  He helped provide great joy in the 2009 and 2010 seasons (and the first 14 weeks of 2011).  I always knew there was a decent chance he'd be gone before long, but I couldn't help but root for the guy.  

Revis is Lebron except he won't be winning any championships in Tampa..  he probably won't even make the playoffs next year.

And he wouldn't have won anything with the Jets this year. 

His agents pissed Woody off.  There's a reason there were seemingly no offers whatsoever to try and keep him.  The funny thing is Revis can't be happy going to Tampa..  That place sucks.  You can only go to the Mons Venus so many times.

At this point, the Jets have no real players on the team.   We assume Sanchez, Holmes, and Tebow will be gone by next year, some hope this year, so it's great they have no divas, but the Jets team is a team filled with players who wouldn't start on most other NFL teams.

Nick Mangold says hi.

with no guaranteed money!

YES. I believe so. The lack of guaranteed money makes it exponentially better!

So, the Bucs are the only team in the league capable of thinking of this contract structure?  One in which you've considered wholly positive despite significant issues for the team, including the inability to defer any money over the duration and needing to have exactly 16M carved out every single year you want to keep the player.

So, the Bucs are the only team in the league capable of thinking of this contract structure?  One in which you've considered wholly positive despite significant issues for the team, including the inability to defer any money over the duration and needing to have exactly 16M carved out every single year you want to keep the player. Now we will never know.

You are getting a potential HOFer for 16 mill. If he plays at the level you pay him. If he does not at any time in the next 6 years you can show him the door. Its 6 one year rentals for a potential HOFer playing an impt position.

Plus he is under contract an the moment you do not want him even thoug he is playing good you can always get back the comp you paid for him.

It would have enticed a lot more teams into thinking about this trade!

A couple of players like Mangold and DBrick and so on and 48 other guys who just aren't very good.  That is the Jets.

You don't need 53 all-stars.  You make it out like this team is similar to the awful Lions teams from years back and that's not the case.  There is talent though not an abundance.  This team isn't meant to have an abundance of talent this year, not sure how this is hard to understand.  They're poised to make additions in this draft (and next years draft, which should be considerably better with us having an even higher pick) plus the large sum of money sitting there to bring players in.  They already have some key guys such as Mangold, Brick, Wilkerson, Coples, Cro, and even Kerley (he could be a slot receiver for many teams)...it's not like they have to draft at every position at least.  And now the cap isn't tied up WHILE having a bad team.

Just don't understand what everyone expects, but meh.

Revis is Lebron except he won't be winning any championships in Tampa..  he probably won't even make the playoffs next year.

And he wouldn't have won anything with the Jets this year. 

His agents pissed Woody off.  There's a reason there were seemingly no offers whatsoever to try and keep him.  The funny thing is Revis can't be happy going to Tampa..  That place sucks.  You can only go to the Mons Venus so many times.

Revis is not Lebron. Not even close.   Lebron is one of those once in a generation GOAT kind of players.  He's in a different sport, but he's a guy who goes to a bad team and can take them to the NBA finals.   The Cleveland Cavs were the #1 seed a few seasons, made the NBA finals, and they sucked.  

The Heat are now a team who could win the next 5 championships because of Lebron.     He is that good.  D-Wade and Bosh could go down and the Heat still could win the Championship. That's how good Lebron is at this point.

Revis..  If Josh Freeman is still a turnover machine,  the Bucs still go 7-9.   Guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers aren't even in the same conversation as Lebron at this point.     Maybe a few years ago before he won, but not now.

If you said Carmelo Anthony, then I would say maybe.  As great as Carmelo is, he needs a lot of help to win as he doesn't really make anybody better around him. He gets his points.  Revis will make his plays, shut down the best WR, but teams dont suddenly go from bad to great just because of him.

You are getting a potential HOFer for 16 mill. If he plays at the level you pay him. If he does not at any time in the next 6 years you can show him the door. Its 6 one year rentals for a potential HOFer playing an impt position.

Plus he is under contract an the moment you do not want him even thoug he is playing good you can always get back the comp you paid for him.

It would have enticed a lot more teams into thinking about this trade!

I mean, you must acknowledge that literally everything you are saying is made up, right?

Revis is not Lebron. Not even close.   Lebron is one of those once in a generation GOAT kind of players.  He's in a different sport, but he's a guy who goes to a bad team and can take them to the NBA finals.   The Cleveland Cavs were the #1 seed a few seasons, made the NBA finals, and they sucked.  

The Heat are now a team who could win the next 5 championships because of Lebron.     He is that good.  D-Wade and Bosh could go down and the Heat still could win the Championship. That's how good Lebron is at this point.

Revis..  If Josh Freeman is still a turnover machine,  the Bucs still go 7-9.   Guys like Brady and Manning and Rodgers aren't even in the same conversation as Lebron at this point.     Maybe a few years ago before he won, but not now.

If you said Carmelo Anthony, then I would say maybe.  As great as Carmelo is, he needs a lot of help to win as he doesn't really make anybody better around him. He gets his points.  Revis will make his plays, shut down the best WR, but teams dont suddenly go from bad to great just because of him.

Bro I knew it was a stretch I just needed a reason to get to the Mons Venus crack.

Archived