Revis trade official - No. 13 overall pick in 2013 and conditional 4th (can upgrade to a 3rd) in 2014

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need 53 all-stars.  You make it out like this team is similar to the awful Lions teams from years back and that's not the case.  There is talent though not an abundance.  This team isn't meant to have an abundance of talent this year, not sure how this is hard to understand.  They're poised to make additions in this draft (and next years draft, which should be considerably better with us having an even higher pick) plus the large sum of money sitting there to bring players in.  They already have some key guys such as Mangold, Brick, Wilkerson, Coples, Cro, and even Kerley (he could be a slot receiver for many teams)...it's not like they have to draft at every position at least.  And now the cap isn't tied up WHILE having a bad team.

Just don't understand what everyone expects, but meh.

The problem becomes pushing things out till who knows when.  Guys like Cromartie won't be the same players in 2015 as they are now.  

I already said I don't expect much. I do expect them to draft well.    If they don't draft well, then they are in trouble.

Revis is Lebron except he won't be winning any championships in Tampa..  he probably won't even make the playoffs next year.

And he wouldn't have won anything with the Jets this year. 

His agents pissed Woody off.  There's a reason there were seemingly no offers whatsoever to try and keep him.  The funny thing is Revis can't be happy going to Tampa..  That place sucks.  You can only go to the Mons Venus so many times.

Revis would only be LeBron if he was a QB.  He's dependent on Josh Freeman to win a title.  Revis is more like a significantly more talented Chris Bosh.  

Actually, nevermind, NBA comparisons are stupid.  12 players compared to 53 and coaching doesn't matter in the NBA unless you're Phil Jackson, Popovich or George Karl.

The value of this trade really isn't that bad.  Idzik really valued the 13th pick.  I would have preferred a 2 and 3 this year, and the 1 next year.  However, what we ended up getting has more value according to the chart.  What we got has more value than a 2 this year, and their 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 next year.  I would certainly prefer that, but obviously Idzik put a premium on that 13th.  Hopefully we trade back a bit and can pickup a 1 or 2 for next year, and still have a strong draft for this season.  If we traded back with Minny or Atlanta, we could get their first and second this year, and a first or second next year.  Hopefully we get that done, and we'll have plenty of ammo in both drafts.

The value of this trade really isn't that bad.  Idzik really valued the 13th pick.  I would have preferred a 2 and 3 this year, and the 1 next year.  However, what we ended up getting has more value according to the chart.  What we got has more value than a 2 this year, and their 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 next year.  I would certainly prefer that, but obviously Idzik put a premium on that 13th.  Hopefully we trade back a bit and can pickup a 1 or 2 for next year, and still have a strong draft for this season.  If we traded back with Minny or Atlanta, we could get their first and second this year, and a first or second next year.  Hopefully we get that done, and we'll have plenty of ammo in both drafts.

Yeah, it seems that Idzik wanted added flexibility.  He can sit tight at 9 and 13, trade back at one, or even both slots, and he should end up with somewhere between 2-5 quality starters before all is said and done out of those picks alone.  I was hoping for more 2014 picks as well but I can't complain with getting # 13 in the deal.

all the haters.....

there was 1 suitor

he is coming off knee injury, almost 30 years old, and was never going to be signed long term with the jets

so whats better, what they got, or getting 1 last contentious season from revis and then watching him walk away ? 

what did the pats get for welker ?

sounds to me like revis will get 32m guaranteed.bucs arent going to cut him this year or next year.32m guaranteed aint too shabby

non jets fans 2 days ago"1st,3rd,and 5th way too much for revis & 15m per way too much"

non jets fans today"wow,the jets got fleeced.they only got a 1st and a 3rd.what a circus.bucs almost got him free.and they only have to pay him 16m per with NO guarantees.now thats how a contract is suppossed to be written,folks"

all the haters.....

there was 1 suitor

he is coming off knee injury, almost 30 years old, and was never going to be signed long term with the jets

so whats better, what they got, or getting 1 last contentious season from revis and then watching him walk away ? 

Agree on everything except his age.  Age isn't a factor.  He's still 27 for 3 more months.

all the haters.....

there was 1 suitor

to be honest,i was hoping for that 3rd and 5th but overall, pleased with the trade.just gotta waite and see if izzy hits or busts on the pick

all the haters.....

there was 1 suitor

Lol at the people essentially whining over the 5th rounder they got jipped on.

Agree on everything except his age.  Age isn't a factor.  He's still 27 for 3 more months.

txs for correcting.  thought I read that somewhere.    the key to the wholer deal was this years 13, so in the give and take of negotiations, idzik got what he wanted most.

to be honest,i was hoping for that 3rd and 5th but overall, pleased with the trade.just gotta waite and see if izzy hits or busts on the pick

thats the scary thing, for the next 7 years, some guy is going to be "what we got for revis".   please don't be a G !!!

I was wrong, we did it.

It was ****ing stupid.

A 13th overall pick in a draft where 1-25 are interchangeable. A 2014 throwaway 4th/3rd rounder.

We did not have any ****ing cap problems to deal with next year. We had lots of cap space. Now we can use it on a bunch of crap free agents, spending $10m/year+++ on some guy that does for us what Mario "Superman" Williams did for Buffalo: nada.

Revis gets $0 guaranteed. He was a known commodity.

Dumb as hell.

all the haters.....

there was 1 suitor

The Pats signed a younger version of Welker.  Will he be as good?  I don't think so, but you never know.

I’m not sure I understand what all the hysteria is all about.  This was a good deal for everyone.

Bucs----They obviously think they are  Super Bowl candidates this year.  They essentially just surrendered a 1st and a 4th for a player they hope will put them over the top.  Strongly doubt it.

They also think that if Revis returns to the 2009 Revis, (Strongly doubt it)  They can just pay him another 16 million for one more year.  Doubt it .  If he doesn’t they can cut him.

Basically they have given up  a 1st and a 4th for in reality is a one year contract.

Revis-----Off a knee injury.  Was scheduled to make 6 million.  Just got a 10 million dollar raise.  If he has a great season and plays like the 2009 Revis, he’ll hold out for the big bonus.

If he just plays well, he’ll probably be released, and he’ll still get a 10+- million dollar contract with bonus’   Good deal for Revis.

Jets---Knew he wanted 16 million.  Weren’t paying.  Period.  Had a choice.  Either let him walk for nothing next year, or get the best they could.  They only had one suitor.  That usually means maybe a 2nd if it is a player everyone knew you were going to move.   They got the 13 pick in the draft this year, and the 4 th rounder next year.  Pretty good for a player that nobody really knows will ever be his former self.  Which is a major issue.

Every one is happy.  Good day

I was wrong, we did it.

It was ****ing stupid.

A 13th overall pick in a draft where 1-25 are interchangeable. A 2014 throwaway 4th/3rd rounder.

We did not have any ****ing cap problems to deal with next year. We had lots of cap space. Now we can use it on a bunch of crap free agents, spending $10m/year+++ on some guy that does for us what Mario "Superman" Williams did for Buffalo: nada.

Dumb as hell.

0 guaranteed means nothing. It's still 16 millions against the cap every season.

What was known about post ACL Revis?

The throwaway 3rd rounder is all we would have gotten for him when he went elsewhere. In 2015.

But yeah.

here is a neutral opinion from espn

Meanwhile, New York is positioning itself well for 2014, when the Jets are expected to receive four compensatory picks to go along with the Buccaneers' pick, meaning the Jets will have a bounty of selections to try to turn around their roster.

And they will do it with added salary-cap space, too. Revis will count $12 million against the Jets' cap this season but nothing in 2014, when New York will be primed with a great chance to upgrade its talent.

I was wrong, we did it.

It was ****ing stupid.

Dumb as hell.

revis getting 0 guaranteed is his own stupidity. What does that have to do with the Jets?

Not thrilled with that, if true. Was hoping for a couple picks in 2014, with the conditional being higher. 

Still, with Revis coming off an ACL, and Tampa essentially bidding against the Jets bluff, getting #13 is a decent deal. 

and no one else apparently wanted this guy, and TB would not guarantee any money.  Is this a one year-one shot deal with them?  If Freeman blows do they just dump Revis and Freeman? I realize they are hedging against injury by not guaranteeing, but why did Revis take it?  i"ve got it.  He is going to hold out for a new contract next off season.

Archived