****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally think we will draft defense with our 9th as I believe that's the best value on the board, considering besides the top two tackles, there's no offensive player I'd want to take in the top 10.  Many may disagree, but I think Mingo is the superior player to Jordan and I have a feeling you're going to see him be the first off the board of those two.  Jordan reminds me too much of Julian Peterson, which isn't a bad thing, but not when you're spending a top 10 pick on someone to get to the QB, I just don't see it in Jordan.  But hey, if we draft him and Jordan turns into Jason Taylor, then I'll gladly be wrong. 

My ideal scenario is Mingo @ 9 and Austin @ 13, but I have a feeling Mingo will be gone, we'll take Austin with the 9th and then move back with our 13. That's what I'm predicting to happen if Mingo or Jordan isn't there at 9.

Whats your feelings on Jones? im thinking austin at 9 jones at 13 either that or a trade.  I also would not be too mad if we get austin and eifert

my ideal draft for us is

9: milliner

13: star

2nd round: WR TE or RB

3rd: oline

4: qb

uggh if we use our first round picks on trying to replace pouha and revis i'm gonna puke

the reason we suck is our offense is horrible......if we go another draft without trying to fix that with our top picks i'm gonna punch my fiance in the pussy

uggh if we use our first round picks on trying to replace pouha and revis i'm gonna puke

the reason we suck is our offense is horrible......if we go another draft without trying to fix that with our top picks i'm gonna punch my fiance in the pussy

She might want to watch the draft at a friend's house tonight.

I believe that now, the new accepted vernacular is "c*nt punt."

Whats your feelings on Jones? im thinking austin at 9 jones at 13 either that or a trade.  I also would not be too mad if we get austin and eifert

Jones is a tough read.  He was my favorite OLB coming into the draft over the last two years besides Mingo (but I fully admit that's just because I am an LSU fan) and although I don't like seeing his 4.9 40, which basically means he'll look like Calvin Pace/Bryan Thomas out there a step or two behind RBs and TEs while in coverage, he can get after the QB and that's what you draft a player that high for.  However, although it was troubling to see that a large portion of his sacks were deemed coverage sacks or average-timed sacks, I think you can come away with him at 13 and certainly be quite happy. 

yea i know but i think those are the best players we could get

you might be mad then but youll be less mad then if we drafted mingo and austin and they turn out to be busts

yea i know but i think those are the best players we could get

you might be mad then but youll be less mad then if we drafted mingo and austin and they turn out to be busts

i dont want mingo either. i think the only defensive guy i will be ok with at 9 is jordan. and if he falls to us i will be hoping that idzik can get a haul to trade down

i want 2 starting above averag players this upcomming season from our 9 and 13.

if we come away with jordan and austin i will be fine with it. rather not take defense but if jordan drops they will either take him or trade down for a nice haul

Today I'm reading that Cleveland might take Geno, and that the Bills want Nassib. If two QBs and three OTs come off the board in the first 8 picks, the Jets are going to be in terrific shape.

After taking Weeden in the 1st last year?  Thats weird. 

if we come away with jordan and austin i will be fine with it. rather not take defense but if jordan drops they will either take him or trade down for a nice haul

id still probably want milliner or star there if we are to go defense. Jordan scares me little less then mingo but still bust potential

I dont know much about austin. But i think hes the type of player you need a accurate qb to get him the ball for yac which we dont have so it could really stunt him from growing.

id still probably want milliner or star there if we are to go defense. Jordan scares me little less then mingo but still bust potential

I dont know much about austin. But i think hes the type of player you need a accurate qb to get him the ball for yac which we dont have so it could really stunt him from growing.

sanchez could make jerry rice look like sh*t

If idzik takes Austin at 9 or even 13 he instantly becomes Tannenbaum 2.0

A flea sized slot receiver for a team that doesn't even have a QB?    Really?

WRs often take time to develop, too. Be nice to have a playmaker like this on the roster when they do get their QB of the future - or perhaps more importantly, if they're trying to buy one in free agency. 

Archived