****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pressure up the middle/stop the run.  Couldnt get either this season.  I think Richardson helps that, big time.  He's a really solid prospect.  I question how he fits, but I really dont doubt Rex on D.  I just dont. 

This is the crux of the biscuit.  So far as trusting Rex, what has he done with his picks?  He inherited good personnel and had success with them.  On his own?  Ugatz!

That's what I thought, oy

Coples was moved to DE as a Sr and had a bad year. Hence why we heard all the Lack of motor stuff last years draft. There were other variables at play too but he was essentially playing out of position. His monster year was the year before, as a DT. 

What's interesting is you really only noticed Coples last year when he was...inside. He did a really nice job especially even playing NT when they were in nickel/dime. 

He did next to nothing at DE. 

Maybe I missed something you guys saw but that was my opinion watching the games.

This is the crux of the biscuit.  So far as trusting Rex, what has he done with his picks?  He inherited good personnel and had success with them.  On his own?  Ugatz!

He went all offense in his first 2 drafts..  It wasnt til the last 2 that he went D and thats been done well IMO. 

@nyjets: John: "We’re confident we have some very fine players left in the Draft. We’re excited about tomorrow."

I am too.  I'm becoming a broken record, but there's going to be plenty of skills players to choose from that I think have tremendous upside in rd 2 and 3 the way this draft is going. 

He went all offense in his first 2 drafts..  It wasnt til the last 2 that he went D and thats been done well IMO. 

Mo has been good and Coples shows potential.  Davis may have been a sleeper.  Still, that alone does not make me trust in Rex.

Eifert to the Bengals. A ballsy move on their part. Already have Jermaine Gresham at TE. Their GM realized that Eifert could be an offensive weapon regardless if they already had a TE. Nice move. Maybe Idzik can learn something from him.

Mo has been good and Coples shows potential.  Davis may have been a sleeper.  Still, that alone does not make me trust in Rex.

Mo, Coples, Davis are 3 of 7 D players drafted by Rex.  Ellis, a 3rd round pick, is solid when healthy and has shown some signs of beast mode.  I think Wilson is a good nickel corner.  Who knows what Josh Bush and Antonio Allen's careers will look like but they we're 6th and 7th round picks.  The only defensive player he's drafted that has 3 years under his belt to assess, is Wilson.  And for a late 1st round pick, he's been part of a very good secondary.

It's very much like the 2008 draft where everyone was clamoring for Limas Sweed, Devin Thomas and James Hardy and not one of them went in the first.  Outside of Tavon Austin it just seems that no one feels highly of any of these offensive skill positions. Would not be surprised to see the Jets land Nassib with the second if Geno keeps on falling and the Jags nab him. 

Also, don't sleep on Cornelius Washington in the 2nd or 3rd, he could be the OLB we were truly targeting all along.

Eifert to the Bengals. A ballsy move on their part. Already have Jermaine Gresham at TE. Their GM realized that Eifert could be an offensive weapon regardless if they already had a TE. Nice move. Maybe Idzik can learn something from him.

I don't think Idzik at the draft. They just sent Rex

Archived