****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well richardson may be a reach but im considering because star was there star wasnt a reach so richardson wasnt a reach

milliner was good im glad we got him

be ready for your offensive players tommorrow man ull be happier

WTF?  Translation please.  Otherwise, don't try to pull that dumb sh*t pretzel logic on this crowd.   Especially not tonight.

WTF?  Translation please.  Otherwise, don't try to pull that dumb sh*t pretzel logic on this crowd.  

i thought at 13 star wasnt a reach. Ive posted it days before i wanted star

they picked richardson while star was there. They both play same position and i trust the jets paid proffesionals more then i trust me so Im reasoning richardson wasnt a reach at 13

Milliner was drafted because they're going to cut Cromartie next season. This is how they spent the #9 overall pick. To have a replacement for a guy they already have. They replaced Revis with air. Then they replaced Mike ******* Devito with the #13 pick to play a position that you already have depth at, and which last year's first rounder performs well. So you put Coples out wide where he gets chewed up, you have Richardson at five-tech, and you keep Wilkerson and his five sacks working hard at LDE. And you hope they keep the opponent to under 17 points because your offensive peronnel is unbelievably disgusting. Shameful. Rex Ryan is laughing at the world right now. He really is.

they picked richardson while star was there. They both play same position and i trust the jets paid proffesionals more then i trust me so Im reasoning richardson wasnt a reach at 13

OK but what is his role in this defense? He is not an NT, he is not a pass rushing OLB. What is the point with this guy?

I am guessing they overshot with the electroshock therapy.

Oh wow. What a steal for the Colts with Werner...I guess this time they're going to try to build an entire roster rather than just let Luck carry them like Manning did. Of course this probably goes out the window come time to extend Luck.

Things I hate about today:

- What an insult it is to pick a corner after trading Revis. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Woody Johnson. Loathe him even. The streak of never paying to watch the Jets will continue! The guy is just a piece of garbage and is the guy I place the sole blame on for that whole situation. 

Things I like about today:

- Sheldon Richardson is a much, much stronger pick than the initial reaction I saw from the board. Seriously - check him out. The big three - production, athleticism, and size are all standout. The body is arguably the best of the DTs in the class as far as length and having the ability to put on some weight in the pros. 

- Once you get over the whole Revis insult thing and judge Milliner on his own merits the pick is a strong one. As much as I looked forward to tanking with Isaiah Trufant as the third CB on the field, the defense upgraded at a position this defense relies very heavily on (Revis or no Revis). It also makes me feel a liiiiiiittle better about my stance on the value of CBs and DBs in Goodell's roided up arena league.

- The Jets did something so un****ing Jets like that I am still digesting it. They supported Ryan. Not only did they actually go out and support the HC, but they did it after a losing season. Of course I believe it's merited (Ryan is an *excellent* coach and turned me, the one guy who didn't crown him savior when hired. Yes, I was the one guy so GFY if you don't believe me). They know they ****ed over that defense by trading Revis, that people parroting "#2 pass defense" don't know what they're talking about, and that defense is about the only shot this team has at being relevant next year as they figure out wtf is going to happen on offense. It ALMOST makes up for what a POS Woody Johnson is. 

- That whole Ryan thing said - both players drafted can play in either a 3-4, 4-3, or whatever the kids are doing nowadays so T0m and friends can still hold onto that dream of humiliating Ryan fully before capping it with a firing. Of course Ryan defenses can show multiple fronts in one given play so....yah. 

its not such a bad thing he suppousedly really athletic

come on the last thing we need to worry about is the D.

Exactly my point. If you were gonna go D though, go with the pass rushing OLB. Not a corner or another lineman. We have so many needs now, and with 2 1st round picks we basically didn't address any of them... how the hell is that possible? At this rate, I fully expect us to draft a left tackle and a center in the 2nd and 3rd round. LOL.

Oh wow. What a steal for the Colts with Werner...I guess this time they're going to try to build an entire roster rather than just let Luck carry them like Manning did. Of course this probably goes out the window come time to extend Luck.

Things I hate about today:

- What an insult it is to pick a corner after trading Revis. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Woody Johnson. Loathe him even. The streak of never paying to watch the Jets will continue! The guy is just a piece of garbage and is the guy I place the sole blame on for that whole situation.

Things I like about today:

- Sheldon Richardson is a much, much stronger pick than the initial reaction I saw from the board. Seriously - check him out. The big three - production, athleticism, and size are all standout. The body is arguably the best of the DTs in the class as far as length and having the ability to put on some weight in the pros.

- Once you get over the whole Revis insult thing and judge Milliner on his own merits the pick is a strong one. As much as I looked forward to tanking with Isaiah Trufant as the third CB on the field, the defense upgraded at a position this defense relies very heavily on (Revis or no Revis). It also makes me feel a liiiiiiittle better about my stance on the value of CBs and DBs in Goodell's roided up arena league.

- The Jets did something so un****ing Jets like that I am still digesting it. They supported Ryan. Not only did they actually go out and support the HC, but they did it after a losing season. Of course I believe it's merited (Ryan is an *excellent* coach and turned me, the one guy who didn't crown him savior when hired. Yes, I was the one guy so GFY if you don't believe me). They know they ****ed over that defense by trading Revis, that people parroting "#2 pass defense" don't know what they're talking about, and that defense is about the only shot this team has at being relevant next year as they figure out wtf is going to happen on offense. It ALMOST makes up for what a POS Woody Johnson is.

- That whole Ryan thing said - both players drafted can play in either a 3-4, 4-3, or whatever the kids are doing nowadays so T0m and friends can still hold onto that dream of humiliating Ryan fully before capping it with a firing. Of course Ryan defenses can show multiple fronts in one given play so....yah.

I actually like Richardson too but they didn't need him. They have a good young DL already and the worst o in the NFL.

You have to score in this league.

Also how is it a positive to support a coach who has proven to be an incompetent fool?

its not such a bad thing he suppousedly really athletic

come on the last thing we need to worry about is the D.

This is the kind of thinking that results in the D ending up being yet another major worry. Leave it alone, take a TE and midget WR, and you're STILL without a quarterback. OTOH the D's quaterback is on the sidelines, the D has been dying for some young blood since 2010 (getting by mostly on scheme, CB play, and the run stuffing abilities of a couple of 30 year old DTs with injury histories), and their past three defensive first round picks are all better players against the pass than the guys on the roster. 

I actually like Richardson too but they didn't need him. They have a good young DL already and the worst d in the NFL. 

The DL lost two very valuable players on the DL this offseason, even if they are older and have battled injuries. Those guys played significant roles and the D felt it when they were not on the field. Ellis has yet to really take a step forward and battled some injuries last year, Coples only flashed rather than starred, and Wilkerson is still working on his game against the pass. Even in the three man front they were short, now this D can lineup however they feel like lining up (in theory, hopefully Richardson translates - and he probably will). 

Personally, I've been waiting for a DL with this level of talent and youth for a long, long time. I was always jelly of that Seymour - Wilfork - Warren line in NE. 

Also how is it a positive to support a coach who has proven to be an incompetent fool? 

The extremely obvious answer is that he has proven neither of those things, though it's fair to say he has said some fool-like things (purely out of necessity and fun for that herp derp culture sh*t fans love  so much. Mangini caught sh*t for not being quotable enough after Herm caught sh*t for being quotable - it's a stupid cycle that only coddles this fanbase's unstable hive mind). 

This is the kind of thinking that results in the D ending up being yet another major worry. Leave it alone, take a TE and midget WR, and you're STILL without a quarterback. OTOH the D's quaterback is on the sidelines, the D has been dying for some young blood since 2010 (getting by mostly on scheme, CB play, and the run stuffing abilities of a couple of 30 year old DTs with injury histories), and their past three defensive first round picks are all better players against the pass than the guys on the roster. 

what? Werent you the guy that said screw the D draft linemen and ertz?

ive been saying this whole time i wanted milliner and star (i can live with richardson)

i didnt want mingo or austin

Exactly my point. If you were gonna go D though, go with the pass rushing OLB. Not a corner or another lineman. We have so many needs now, and with 2 1st round picks we basically didn't address any of them... how the hell is that possible? At this rate, I fully expect us to draft a left tackle and a center in the 2nd and 3rd round. LOL.

lol well i think its more of BPA. If im the jets and i have 2 top 15 picks i need 2 immediette starters and i think we got em.

jarvis jones was still there and others but meh the guys we got better

lol well i think its more of BPA. If im the jets and i have 2 top 15 picks i need 2 immediette starters and i think we got em.

jarvis jones was still there and others but meh the guys we got better

God I hope so.

I'll tell you this though. If these were the BPA for them, then... well, it's just awfully convenient isn't it? I mean how predictable are they with drafting these 1st round corners and D-linemen? So convenient for those 2 to be their BPA.

God I hope so.

I'll tell you this though. If these were the BPA for them, then... well, it's just awfully convenient isn't it? I mean how predictable are they with drafting these 1st round corners and D-linemen? So convenient for those 2 to be their BPA.

hahaha yea it is

but if you look at the other players around they just meh

what? Werent you the guy that said screw the D draft linemen and ertz?

ive been saying this whole time i wanted milliner and star (i can live with richardson)

i didnt want mingo or austin

No, though I was a huge fan of Jonathan Cooper (still am). 

Liking the Milliner situation involves me being fine with what they did to Revis. Not sure I can really do that. On talent alone he's fine...in the context of the Jets and their sh*thead owner pushing out a superstar talent to make room for him the situation gets a little rough. He's going to have to earn it here. I guess that doesn't mean much considering how quickly everyone turned on Revis anyway....

You don't think they would have taken Austin if he was there at 9?

They might have. Not a game worth playing really. 80 suggested the Jets pumped him up in the press to get teams to trade up with them at 9. That seems as plausible as him being the slam dunk pick they would have made if they could have made it. 

Dude how can you say that? He would have been burned for 6 at least 4 more times than he was last season when guys couldn't hang on to a pass or it was errant. He seldom if ever knows where the ball is and that's a big problem for a corner

I think he's capable enough to make an NFL roster. That's all i was trying to say. lol. 

They might have. Not a game worth playing really. 80 suggested the Jets pumped him up in the press to get teams to trade up with them at 9. That seems as plausible as him being the slam dunk pick they would have made if they could have made it. 

If that's the case the Bills may have under cut us on the trade, or do you think they were gun hoe on Milliner there?

My favorite day two options in no particular order, because who knows how things will shake out.  RB's: Gio Bernard, Jonathan Franklin, Knile Davis WR's: Aaron Dobson (yes I have a hard-on for this guy), Keenan Allen, Robert Woods TE's: Zach Ertz, Gavin Escobar and Travis Kelce.  And, please grab Miguel Maysonet somewhere along the line.

If that's the case the Bills may have under cut us on the trade, or do you think they were gun hoe on Milliner there?

Bills may have under cut Los Yets. sh*t happens. 

I'm sure they really liked Milliner. No non-Revis reason not to...started as a true freshman for the best football program in the country...arguably their best defensive player last year...His only real issue is that he is nowhere near the talent Revis is. That and maybe the shoulder, though Dion Jordan's pass makes me really not care.

Bills may have under cut Los Yets. sh*t happens. 

I'm sure they really liked Milliner. No non-Revis reason not to...started as a true freshman for the best football program in the country...arguably their best defensive player last year...His only real issue is that he is nowhere near the talent Revis is. That and maybe the shoulder, though Dion Jordan's pass makes me really not care.

Should have just kept Revis, I hate ****in Woody!

Archived