****NY Jets Superbo...Errr, 1st Round Draft Selection Gameday Thread****

gangreenman

No, though I was a huge fan of Jonathan Cooper (still am). 

Liking the Milliner situation involves me being fine with what they did to Revis. Not sure I can really do that. On talent alone he's fine...in the context of the Jets and their sh*thead owner pushing out a superstar talent to make room for him the situation gets a little rough. He's going to have to earn it here. I guess that doesn't mean much considering how quickly everyone turned on Revis anyway....

i liked the milliner pick because realistically i thought hed be gone by our pick

cooper was gone by when we picked but id rather have milliner. The value there was just to good to pass up

Im f**cking sick of the "oh how could you draft a cb... now he has to play in the shadow of revis" logic

dont get me wrong, i hate the milliner pick cus hes not healthy and prone to injury. i dont care how much talent he has....its like getting the hottest, sweetest GF ever and finding out she has a stinkpuss. what friggin good is that face then?

however, just because revis is gone doesnt mean you can never draft a cb for christ sake. get over him already

the ONLY logic i can see here is this:

isadick figures there is more defensive talent in this year's draft than offensive. he figures hes in it for the long run. so, he also knows nobody is expecting much out of the jets. we likely will have high draft picks next year due to our crap record. He grabs the best defensive guys for the future and looks toward next years draft, a better class, to stockpile offensive guys. maybe even a qb. then it turns around in 2015

the ONLY logic i can see here is this:

isadick figures there is more defensive talent in this year's draft than offensive. he figures hes in it for the long run. so, he also knows nobody is expecting much out of the jets. we likely will have high draft picks next year due to our crap record. He grabs the best defensive guys for the future and looks toward next years draft, a better class, to stockpile offensive guys. maybe even a qb. then it turns around in 2015

We can only hope this is true. And it may be.

If the Jets passed on Tavon, there would be great concern that Idzik is an errand boy. But who did he pass up at 9 or 13 thats so amazing? Eifert? Warmack? 2 positions that can be filled later.

eifert and chance there were reaches. Mega reaches dude

its fine man offense this year wasnt well represented in the draft. I can almost gaurentee we get someone on O in our next pick

Chance has been rated a top ten (even top three two months ago) talent,  He got drafted #10, right after we took milliner.  That's your definition of a mega-reach?

We can only hope this is true. And it may be.

If the Jets passed on Tavon, there would be great concern that Idzik is an errand boy. But who did he pass up at 9 or 13 thats so amazing? Eifert? Warmack? 2 positions that can be filled later.

Nobody.

Milliner was in the top 5 of this draft for the past few weeks, in the past week suddenly "concerns" started surfacing about his shoulders, and other CBs started getting talked up. Negative information like that surfaces for a reason, so that teams with the #9 pick, can get a player in their top 5. 

Chance has been rated a top ten (even top three two months ago) talent,  He got drafted #10, right after we took milliner.  That's your definition of a mega-reach?

more eifert then chance. But I was hoping theyd get chance at 13

milliner was rated top 6 so id say he was the better value

If the friggin Jags are passing on Geno it makes you wonder.  Going back and forth on this.

I think at this point, he has enough tools to warrant drafting in the second to at least have the potential to develop.  I think the cardinals are the biggest risk to us landing him. It'd cost the 6th rounder to move up two spots if we feel 'zona will draft him or Idzik could show his balls and stand pat. Should be interesting.

• 4 months later...

I like him a lot. Tremendous athletic skills.

I like him a lot. Tremendous athletic skills.

Me and Gato always see everything the same way .... yeah...  well on this one anyway. It's worth a minute to read back and review the mass suicide after the Richardson pick ...

• 4 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.