You Are Jets GM With #1 Pick Tonight. What Do You Do?

neckdemon

Try and trade both. They could trade down for a QB later in the first.

If they stay at 9 and 13. I'm ok with an Austin/Patterson and Eifert. Or a Mingo/Jordan and Warmack/Cooper. Or some combination.

The QB need and what they do with it is a total wildcard however.

i think you guys missed the point. it's supposed to be the overall number 1 pick. just looking to see who everyone thought would be their number one pick in this draft if you were gm of the jets. i would trade it or pick a tackle.

That or just take Dion Jordan.  

I dont have a philosophy because I've never been in the job.

///Francesa'd

Doesn't that mean we'd be ******* a coconut? 

If I were GM, first I would fire Rex, get rid of his fat ass.

Than, I would be opportunistic.

If a stud falls to me, draft him, other than a QB or CB.

If a good trade comes to me, take it and move back.

If a "stud" QB falls to you, you ALWAYS take him. Unless we have different views on what stud means.  Don't see why we should avoid CBs either, but I spent all of yesterday fighting with Mad Mike about that, so I don't want to hear it. 

depends on who is there

if Dee Millner is sitting at 9, i would get on the phone with minnesota and gauge their interest in moving up for him. Or get the Falcons on the line. but the first call would be to minnesota as those 2 picks in the 20's we can easily land a guy like Carradine (DE/OLB) or DJ Hayden (DB) or Keenan Allen (WR). 

if i cant trade out and Mingo is on the board i would grab MIngo and hope that Austin drops to 13. if he doesnt then try and move the #13 pick for a later pick + more in the 2nd & 3rd

Doesn't that mean we'd be ******* a coconut? 

If a "stud" QB falls to you, you ALWAYS take him. Unless we have different views on what stud means.  Don't see why we should avoid CBs either, but I spent all of yesterday fighting with Mad Mike about that, so I don't want to hear it. 

Your right on the QB, completely agree. Problem is there is no stud QB in this draft, so that is where I was coming from.

With all of the other gaping holes we have, CB should be the last thing we go after.

Rex is light years ahead of Herm, at least he can coach one side of the ball

They both suck balls, bad.

While Rex is a good defensive guy, his ignoring of the offense as well losing the locker at least twice, puts him in Herms category, maybe worse.

Herm is just a Rex with class and less luck

Well at least Rex has heard of the concept of clock management. Herm did not know what a timeout was. How many times did I stand up and holler at the damn screen "CALL TIMEOUT, CALL TIMEOUT,YOU JACKASS". I know I was not the only one.

This is seriously what I'd do: I'd do two shots of Jack, maybe a hit of coke, drop some quaaludes to take the edge off, then I'd draft whoever's name crossed my mind while I was occupying my basal ganglia thinking about what Stairway to Heaven would sound like played backwards by a zydeco band.

Archived