Our offense is the joke of the league...

Irish Jet

2 skills players have been selected.  1 QB and 1 WR. 

The Jets should have their choice of top 3 prospects at all skills positions when they select again. 

They're not done.  

If this was 2009, and our offensive line wasn't a trainwreck, I'd agree.

2 skills players have been selected.  1 QB and 1 WR. 

The Jets should have their choice of top 3 prospects at all skills positions when they select again. 

They're not done.  

Awful first round for offense. This whole draft is about OL

I got a fucvking Idea lets draft a defensive tackle in the first god damn round every year .

**** this stupid ******* team

I dont even know what to say anymore

The DT is the problem pick here? What about the DL's play last year said that the unit was loaded with young talent? 

lol. Can we convert to a 5-0? Five DTs, zero backers, and 6 corners? Then we would dominate the league. 

when you see a QB praying when the Jets pick ever wonder what they are saying ? PLEASE PASS PLEASE PASS PLEASE DONT ******* PICK ME

So many point out the fact this has become an offensive predominantly passing league . Everyone but the Jets. This team is now back in the realm of the clevelands and buffalos of the world and we did it in 3 short years. The last time this team even thought of building an offense was under Parcells.  Mangini started by grabbing some OL then forgot to get the skill players and that was the end. Then we draft Sanchez and start to subtract offense by addition then go back to subtraction and replace with nothing. Our offensive moves the past 10 years have been so horrid its really embarressing. I cant take much more of this teams antics .

just stop

So nothing? Do you find it a little funny that you want to weaponozize imaginary franchise QBs with WRs, TEs, and RBs and actively choose not understand why DE/DTs and CBs are important? 

After Cromartie those two first round DL picks were probably the most useful players on the roster against the pass last year. 

Hey the Jets Draft blunders Video is gonna Rock in a couple of years. I had so much hope for this draft. I could almost live with See Milliner, then Sheldon Richardson. He's not even the third best DL on the board. If this is the new Jets I want the old Jets back. I keep saying we will be picking top5 in 2014. Since we won't score a single fecking point with our offence.

So many point out the fact this has become an offensive predominantly passing league . Everyone but the Jets. This team is now back in the realm of the clevelands and buffalos of the world and we did it in 3 short years. The last time this team even thought of building an offense was under Parcells.  Mangini started by grabbing some OL then forgot to get the skill players and that was the end. Then we draft Sanchez and start to subtract offense by addition then go back to subtraction and replace with nothing. Our offensive moves the past 10 years have been so horrid its really embarressing. I cant take much more of this teams antics .

So many people here point this out and then turn around to question why the team drafts DE/DTs and CBs so consistently. If teams are going for the passing offense and your passer couldn't hit a gaping Belladonna, then what better way to win than to get players who get pressure naturally and can run with those pesky opponent pass catchers? .That's *exactly* what the formula they had when they were winning games those 3 short years ago with  Revis, Pouha, Cromartie, Ellis, DeVito, and Pryce leading the defense.

There was one LB playing at a star level, Scott, during those winning days and most of that was in 2009. In 2010 he was basically a DL-man in ILB form, taking on blockers in the run game and cleaning up the run when the play came to him. The 2010 team's DE/OLBs picked up less than half of the total defensive sacks. 3 DBs combined for 9(!) and 5 DBs counted for over 25% of the total sacks (11 out of 40). 

It's not conventional football but neither is the game played at the NFL level right now. Passing the ball with such volume and efficiency is so unbelievably unconventional for the sport, but it is where the game is and defenses have to adjust for that. Rex Ryan is one of the *very very very very very ******* unbelievably few* defensive guys in the league who has thrived in this environment on a consistent basis. If he wants to build his defense around DE/DTs and CBs then **** yeah go right ahead. It's not as if there won't be a LB, safety, TE, G, and RB drafted later today and tomorrow anyway. Not to mention there's talented guys like Dansby, Woodson, DHB, Andre Smith, and whoever else on the FA market for after the trade. 

I am trying to figure out exactly what "offensive" player the Jets were supposed to pick in this first round. You all seem to know so much about drafting and who appears to be better picks than what they chose, but none of you are making an suggestions... Austin was the only offensive player worthy of a first round selection, in my mind, and they never had a shot at him. There are still many skill players in this draft and there are still a lot of offensive lineman and a few decent tight ends. Maybe give the new GM a chance... he at least picked 2 guys that are top 10 ranked in nearly every mock draft I have seen. That's better than the last GM had ever done. Did anyone even watch the Alabama vs. Missouri game this year? All of you are idiots and watch too much Mel Kiper. Look at his past draft analysis and realize that he is the one that ranked Gholston 3rd best talent in the draft and also had Ryan Leaf and Brady Quinn in his top 5. The guy is clueless and it appears that most of you are as well.

Archived