Our offense is the joke of the league...

Irish Jet

I am trying to figure out exactly what "offensive" player the Jets were supposed to pick in this first round. You all seem to know so much about drafting and who appears to be better picks than what they chose, but none of you are making an suggestions... Austin was the only offensive player worthy of a first round selection, in my mind, and they never had a shot at him. There are still many skill players in this draft and there are still a lot of offensive lineman and a few decent tight ends. Maybe give the new GM a chance... he at least picked 2 guys that are top 10 ranked in nearly every mock draft I have seen. That's better than the last GM had ever done. Did anyone even watch the Alabama vs. Missouri game this year? All of you are idiots and watch too much Mel Kiper. Look at his past draft analysis and realize that he is the one that ranked Gholston 3rd best talent in the draft and also had Ryan Leaf and Brady Quinn in his top 5. The guy is clueless and it appears that most of you are as well.

The draft is loaded with offensive lineman. **** I'd have taken the TE.

We're so empty on offense, it's an historically atrocious unit right now. It's not so much that that is pissing me off, it's that we're blatantly neglecting it again. There's a reason it's the way it is. How many team have never drafted an offensive player in the 1st 4 years since taking a rookie QB? It's embarrassing to even think about it.

We could have reinforced the offensive line in a big way. Get back to having that as a strength, as long as that unit's even middle of the pack, our offense will be among the 3 worst in the league with the skill players we have. I accept that Austin wasn't available, I accept that we may not even been able to trade out. But picking a CB at 9 was literally the worst thing we could have done. He's probably going to be a fine player, but **** sake, have we given up in our investment there 3 years ago? Another ******* example of being narrow minded...that was NOT a need. 

I am trying to figure out exactly what "offensive" player the Jets were supposed to pick in this first round. You all seem to know so much about drafting and who appears to be better picks than what they chose, but none of you are making an suggestions... Austin was the only offensive player worthy of a first round selection, in my mind, and they never had a shot at him. There are still many skill players in this draft and there are still a lot of offensive lineman and a few decent tight ends. Maybe give the new GM a chance... he at least picked 2 guys that are top 10 ranked in nearly every mock draft I have seen. That's better than the last GM had ever done. Did anyone even watch the Alabama vs. Missouri game this year? All of you are idiots and watch too much Mel Kiper. Look at his past draft analysis and realize that he is the one that ranked Gholston 3rd best talent in the draft and also had Ryan Leaf and Brady Quinn in his top 5. The guy is clueless and it appears that most of you are as well.

its not that black and white .... This may not be a draft filled with elite talent but it is deep and the Jets had the chance to fill a lot of holes by trading out of the first round with at least one pick and they failed to do so. This team needs bodies at so many positions positions like Safety and Guard where we currently have no one. Positions like LB where we lack Depth and our starters are Davis and Harris and an old broken down Pace who was just a JAG when Young and Harris is Mr one dimentional. On offense we have virtually nothing to speak of yet for the thrid year in a row we Draft a DT and let guys like Devito move on. If this makes sense then hey lets just keep it going and try to fill Major holes with bandaids while we select 4 DL in the past three years Ellis, Wilk, Coples and now Richardson ... Just a great way to build a team, a team that needed picks to basically rebuild.

I'm just going to annoyingly repeat myself every thread with this, lol.

So who'd they miss out on last night? Hopkins, Patterson and Eifert? Austin was gone anyway and Manuel at 16 was a reach. 

So three players to cry over? There is an absolute TON of offensive skilled talent still on the board. 

actually Jet fans are the joke.  If you were watching the NFL Network coverage during our picks, it wasn't the offense the panel was laughing at..  it was the reactionary fans.  especially that douchebag holding the teddy bear.

I'm just going to annoyingly repeat myself every thread with this, lol.

So who'd they miss out on last night? Hopkins, Patterson and Eifert? Austin was gone anyway and Manuel at 16 was a reach. 

So three players to cry over? There is an absolute TON of offensive skilled talent still on the board. 

Ya but are Milliner or Richardson any good? 

Our offense is the joke of the league, and there wasn't a pick available that was going to change that.

This team is currently so bad that we just need more good players.  I don't think a guard, a slot WR, or a TE was the answer.

The board didn't fall as well as we'd like.  But I believe we added two good players.  Considering we only had about 5 going into last night, that's a good thing.

Archived