Hate to say this, but...

Freemanm

the Jets reached a whole new level of suckiness after the draft today. Seriously, it's become a farce, and today proved it. In fact, the Jets don't even fall in to the "this team sucks but is heading in the right direction" level, they are on the "this team sucks and there really is no light at the end of the tunnel" level. In my 32 years as a Jets fan now, this is one of the lowest points ever.

Why on earth would you trade Revis for a number one pick, and then use that pick to draft a corner who probably isn't going to be as good as him, and who is prone to season ending injuries? To further the absurdity that is the Jets' 2013 draft, even though the Jets OL is still the unit that is in most need of an upgrade (especially after losing two starting guards), OL Warmck and Fluker were still available at 9 and were passed up in favor of an injury-prone CB and a defensive tackle, even though the past tow years the Jets have drafted DL with their number ones.

Are the Jets any better after this draft? I won't insult anyone by giving the politically correct answer of "We'll see." I can state confidently at this point that the Jets suck, their draft picks sucks, and now we find out that Idzik sucks.

Not the picks I wanted, but the board broke very porly with all the OLBs and Austin off the board. However, I do not believe Idzik and co were lying when they said they picked 2 of their top 4 players, it's very likely that's true. Look around, Millner is considered by many the best CB in the draft and a top 5 talent and Richardson is unanimously thought of as a top 10 talent.  Not sure the latter fills a need, but everyone here wanted BPA and it seems that's what we got.  I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not too beat up by it either.

Not the picks I wanted, but the board broke very porly with all the OLBs and Austin off the board. However, I do not believe Idzik and co were lying when they said they picked 2 of their top 4 players, it's very likely that's true. Look around, Millner is considered by many the best CB in the draft and a top 5 talent and Richardson is unanimously thought of as a top 10 talent.  Not sure the latter fills a need, but everyone here wanted BPA and it seems that's what we got.  I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not too beat up by it either.

we got these 2 guys and if we draft geno and oline/WR/TE im gonna be excited for the season

Where did Idzik say that??

we got these 2 guys and if we draft geno and oline/WR/TE im gonna be excited for the season

We need something on offense. I would enjoy seeing someone else suck behind Mangold. So I am all for Geno. Too bad he won't be there when we select again.

Not the picks I wanted, but the board broke very porly with all the OLBs and Austin off the board.

Jones and Star, and others... they were all there if you absolutely pigheadedly demanded to go defense. Otherwise you had Eifert, crap there was a whole bunch of ways you could have went with this and almost all of them were more exciting than Millner/Richardson.

Jones and Star, and others... they were all there if you absolutely pigheadedly demanded to go defense. Otherwise you had Eifert, crap there was a whole bunch of ways you could have went with this and almost all of them were more exciting than Millner/Richardson.

The whole night, the only pick Mayock mocked was The Milliner one. They showed clips of him dropping ball after ball at the Combine. I hope he was wrong. And the Revis comparisons already started, the second Deion interviewed him. I feel bad for him already.

Richardson... another DT. Great. Our offense is trash, we have no linebackers, and we have no pass rush... and we go fatboy in the middle. Plus, isn't Star suppose to to be the one thats the next supposed Ngata?

A lot of people had Richardson ranked over Star, simply for his ability to penetrate the backfield and make plays downfield. Richardson did that better than any other DT in the SEC this year and I guess they felt Star wasn't dynamic enough for them.  

Jones is tough to say; he's going to be a hell of a player, but if richardson truly was BPA, then I can't fault them.  All I wanted was BPA, even though i wanted that to be Mingo/Austin, so if that's what happened fine, we'll see what happens the next 6 rounds.  There's still the chance to land a cornelius washington or other OLB.

How the **** are the Jets able to consistently ignore their own ****ing needs when drafting?

Cornerback? Our starters are Cromartie and Wilson. We need an upgrade!

D-Line? Wilkerson, Coples, Ellis and more. We need an upgrade!

Tight end? Jeff Cumberland and some guy from Australia. We're set!

Running back? Mike Goodson has it covered.

Receiver? Stephen Hill is a beast!

Guard? Vlad Ducasse has that ****!

Pass Rusher? Um... don't worry!

How the **** are the Jets able to consistently ignore their own ****ing needs when drafting?

you forgot Safety...

I believe this. I think their top 4 players were Austin, Jordan, Milliner, Richardson. The Jets problem was St. Louis working the draft rather well this evening. The Jets were 1 spot off and it looked like they tried to trade out of the 13th pick but couldnt. Who knows. I am VERY upset that we didnt add to the offense and kinda pissed that we couldnt trade down, but overall it seems like the Jets honestly took the two best players.

Lastly, people talk about Star as if Richardson is terrible. I dont like how the draft broke, but Milliner and Richardson are pretty damn good players. Its actually pretty cool that the Jets can say they simply took the best player available for once.

Dude, everyone here wanted them to go BPA and get value, which, if you believe them, is exactly what they did. Pass-rusher is a pointless argument considering how Ansah, Jordan and Mingo were already gone. Wide-receiver is also unfair seeing as how Austin was sniped right ahead of us, like irvin last year.  Assuming we didn't want to trade up for any of these guys, it's hard to still complain. Did you want them to reach for Werner or Patterson? Two players who fell to the bottom of the draft.  And considering Eiffert, Jones, Star and Warmack were there for both picks, it's easy enough to say that they had Richardson and Milliner ranked ahead. 

It's pretty obvious that Idzik was going BPA and Austin and probably Mingo/Jordan were off their board, so they pulled the trigger.  It sucks, but there's not many other places they should or could have gone.

And really, are you really complaining about running back, a position that wasn't even selected in the first round?? 

Let's just wait for the next 6 rounds to unfold and see what happens.  There are a lot of very good players available in the 2nd with us picking 7th overall.

I believe this. I think their top 4 players were Austin, Jordan, Milliner, Richardson. The Jets problem was St. Louis working the draft rather well this evening. The Jets were 1 spot off and it looked like they tried to trade out of the 13th pick but couldnt. Who knows. I am VERY upset that we didnt add to the offense and kinda pissed that we couldnt trade down, but overall it seems like the Jets honestly took the two best players.

Lastly, people talk about Star as if Richardson is terrible. I dont like how the draft broke, but Milliner and Richardson are pretty damn good players. Its actually pretty cool that the Jets can say they simply took the best player available for once.

Agreed.  It broke poorly, but sh*t happens.  I wanted Mingo/Jordan and Austin, but I'm not broken up over the picks as we got two consensus top 10 players with our 9th and 13th overall picks.  Like we all know, we aren't competing next year, we might as well take BPA and hopefully that adds up to a talented team when we are ready to make the move in the next couple years. 

Dude, everyone here wanted them to go BPA and get value, which, if you believe them, is exactly what they did. Pass-rusher is a pointless argument considering how Ansah, Jordan and Mingo were already gone. Wide-receiver is also unfair seeing as how Austin was sniped right ahead of us, like irvin last year.  Assuming we didn't want to trade up for any of these guys, it's hard to still complain. Did you want them to reach for Werner or Patterson? Two players who fell to the bottom of the draft.  And considering Eiffert, Jones, Star and Warmack were there for both picks, it's easy enough to say that they had Richardson and Milliner ranked ahead. 

It's pretty obvious that Idzik was going BPA and Austin and probably Mingo/Jordan were off their board, so they pulled the trigger.  It sucks, but there's not many other places they should or could have gone.

And really, are you really complaining about running back, a position that wasn't even selected in the first round?? 

Let's just wait for the next 6 rounds to unfold and see what happens.  There are a lot of very good players available in the 2nd with us picking 7th overall.

I agree with much of what you said. The issue is that Richardson got picked, at a position where we already have two young first rounders. It makes no sense.

OK when are we getting a WR? A TE? When are we getting a playmaker? I get the BPA thing, really I do, but we have gone how long now without an offensive playmaker?

OK when are we getting a WR? A TE? When are we getting a playmaker? I get the BPA thing, really I do, but we have gone how long now without an offensive playmaker?

Something is clearly wrong when we continue drafting defensive players when our offense is so damn bad. Changing just our GM wasn't enough.

Something is clearly wrong when we continue drafting defensive players when our offense is so damn bad. Changing just our GM wasn't enough.

Thank you, where the hell is the direction with this club? How can you possibly be this bad on offense, get 2 top 1st round picks and not find a single offensive player to take there??? Again remember this was not a top heavy draft where some guys were soooo much better than others. There had to be comparable offensive talent. There had to be.

Thank you, where the hell is the direction with this club? How can you possibly be this bad on offense, get 2 top 1st round picks and not find a single offensive player to take there??? Again remember this was not a top heavy draft where some guys were soooo much better than others. There had to be comparable offensive talent. There had to be.

Exactly. I am with you. Sure, Rex believes "defense wins games", maybe.. maybe not. End of the day, he's been here for four seasons and of which he has seen our defense be very productive and us still lose cause we had zero offense firepower. Yet, he continues the same route. He wants to win games 2-0, which is a pipe dream that won't happen. We need a ton of change for this team. This can't be our "rebuild" year, cause too much is the same. Doesn't matter if the on field people changed, when the top is still the same old guys with the same old mentality. 

I'm not saying I don't agree, clearly I understand our offense is putrid.  However, as a team that is in dire need of talent, you do not reach for players simply because they are a need.  Patterson and any other WR would have been a huge reach and it's clear that Idzik was not willing to do that.  Eiffert was a possibility, but it's also possible that he's not as highly thought of seeing as how he dropped to 21 instead of the top 15 lock he was supposed to be. 

This is exactly what happened back in 2008 when we drafted Keller and everyone was bitching and moaning we passsed on Limas Sweed, Devin Thomas and James Hardy to trade up for Keller. Who are all those receivers?? Exactly. These were the receivers that were considered the first round locks that we were beyond stupid for passing up. 

Sometimes these scouts do know what they're doing.  I believe Richardson was top on our board, I dont' understand the pick at all considering we already have two 5 techs, but I'm not the coach and that's not my job to figure it out.  Idzik selected the BPA and now it's Rex' job to figure out how to make it work.  

I'm just as upset as everyone else we didn't get who we individually wanted, but at least we can't look and say, god damn, that was a total reach.

I'm not saying I don't agree, clearly I understand our offense is putrid.  However, as a team that is in dire need of talent, you do not reach for players simply because they are a need.  Patterson and any other WR would have been a huge reach and it's clear that Idzik was not willing to do that.  Eiffert was a possibility, but it's also possible that he's not as highly thought of seeing as how he dropped to 21 instead of the top 15 lock he was supposed to be. 

This is exactly what happened back in 2008 when we drafted Keller and everyone was bitching and moaning we passsed on Limas Sweed, Devin Thomas and James Hardy to trade up for Keller. Who are all those receivers?? Exactly. These were the receivers that were considered the first round locks that we were beyond stupid for passing up. 

Sometimes these scouts do know what they're doing.  I believe Richardson was top on our board, I dont' understand the pick at all considering we already have two 5 techs, but I'm not the coach and that's not my job to figure it out.  Idzik selected the BPA and now it's Rex' job to figure out how to make it work.  

I'm just as upset as everyone else we didn't get who we individually wanted, but at least we can't look and say, god damn, that was a total reach.

If the offensive players we needed/wanted were a reach for the spot we had, we should have traded down. Using a 13 overall on a position you drafted in the first round the last two years is insane.We run a 3-4, so one of our first rounders is riding pine when we have massive holes all over the rest of the roster.

So funny. Everyone talks about how we need to draft best player available until it happens. Then they cry. The draft isn't over. The next 2 picks will likely be starters and well see what happens

Day 3. I'd rather take the guys we got than take Jarvis jones or any wr. Richardson ran a faster 40 at his pro day than Jarvis jones and he's 60 lbs heavier. Richardson is a Wilkerson clone. Big fast long arms strong. Ill take that all day.

Archived